Chapter 9
342 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A small earthquake with the sound of thunder had awoken Konohagakure. At one particular place in the village namely the Hyuga compound a Kumo-nin had been disturbed mid-kidnapping. When the huge sound of thunder struck he knew everyone would be waking up in the middle of the night. So, he had no choice but to retreat. He had failed his mission and if he continued to stay it would only cause him to be revealed making Kumogakure’s situation awkward with Konoha and granting them a more favorable negotiation position in the peace treaty.

“Shit, I got unlucky!” Cursing his luck, he quickly ran away but he felt could feel a gaze from somewhere nearby. When he turned to look at the person, he felt chill run through his body as his blood went cold. It was Hiashi Hyuga the clan leader! Those creepy eyes of his were staring into his soul. The Kumo-nin turned and quickly ran away.

Hiashi did not stop the Kumo-nin. He could have easily stopped him if he wanted to but it would give rise to unnecessary complications at a sensitive moment where Konoha was trying to sign a peace treaty with Kumogakure. A lot of his clan members had already died, he didn’t wish for more death.

Hiruzen was looking deep into the forests beyond Konoha atop of the Hokage’s office. What happened was too fast for him to see but he had felt a massive chakra fluctuation near the village. Such incident was too small to gloss over. So, he had already sent over multiple Anbu to investigate.

‘Tsk could’ve handled it in a better way’ Hakai though while running through the forest carrying Kenji on his shoulder. He got a little too excited after not being in a battle for a while and ended up overdoing it. This was why he didn’t like to use the damned horns. He had taken his horn that was cut apart decades ago along with him to avoid future interactions like this from happening. He made sure to cover up any traces in the limited time he had but he doubted if he had done it perfectly. Soon, ninja would come over to investigate the aftermath of the battle. It was only a matter of time before they would start tracking them.

His other horn which was still intact on his head had disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. He had let his emotions overcome him into using his chakra. He regretted using his chakra again even if he was forced to do so. The very reason he had sealed his own chakra had become useless as soon as the boy had appeared in his life so it didn’t matter anymore. For now, he had to take the boy to ‘that’ place again to make sure the mistakes of the past aren’t repeated.

The next morning-

At this point I couldn’t count how many times I had woken up feeling terrible. Feeling absolutely famished, a parched throat coupled with a headache was a deadly combo to wake up to.

The only good thing was the smell of roasted fish wafting off from the fireplace that the old man had set up. I looked at the old man calmly eating the fish while he looked back at me.

‘UGH way to ruin my morning. Have to look at his withered face as soon as I get up.’

I went to the stream nearby to rinse my face before quenching my thirst and gobbling up the fish that was placed for me. I knew it was for me because the old man would always leave me some share of food all the time.

“I know you have lots of questions for me…”

I stopped eating and looked at him for a brief moment. ‘Sorry food first’. For now, I just ignored him before wolfing down the fish again.

*Sigh*

“For now, all you need to know is we are leaving Konoha and going someplace safe.” He said noticing I wouldn’t talk to him.

That sentence did stop me. “What do you mean leave Konoha?! What about Mariko-sensei?” I asked him frantically in no mood to eat anymore. Finally, when life was making sense and it was all coming together for me, I had to leave?

“Don’t bullshit me old man! Why do I need to leave with you? You can leave if you want to but my life is in Konoha!” I told him.

“You don’t understand our situation, do you?” He said seriously while getting up and walking towards me.

“That Kumo-nin I killed was an important shinobi. Soon they will investigate what happened and find out I was there. Then will know that I have a kid with me and that he escaped along with me. They are probably already putting the pieces together. Then they will try to track us down. If we are in Konoha, as soon as the spies spot us in the village there will be multiple ninjas who will hunt us down. If they kill us, it would be merciful of them at best. At worst we would be tortured for the rest of our lives with multiples experiments done to us, do you understand now?”

At this point he was right in front of me looking down at me menacingly. I couldn’t get it, what was this situation? Why was I being persecuted like this? “Maybe you still didn’t get kid. Our best chance is to run. I have no chakra and can’t use any jutsu so even a jonin could kill me right now. That stunt I pulled was a one-time thing, I can’t do it again.”

At this point I was perpetrating and breathing heavily. “Why?” I asked. “Who are you and why are they after us?”

“I am Hakai Hagoromo grandson of Ginagaku Hagoromo. As for why people are after me, you don’t need to know. Just know that you have a target on your back now just like I do because of our family.”

“But- But ..” ‘What the fuck. I don’t remember any of this in the anime or manga’. What was going on? Finally, when I had other people treat me as another human, I had to leave them. Why? Why was life so unfair to me? ‘FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK……’

“I-I just wanted to train with Mariko-sensei…” whimpering I started crying. I didn’t want to cry ever since ‘that’ day but the tears just kept falling down. I couldn’t help it, after living like a dog for one life, I had some hope but life had just punched that wishful thinking of mine straight into the abyss. I had to live like some fucking vagabond now. I HADN’T EVEN DONE ANYTHING WRONG!

“Tsk.. stop crying who said you could never go back to Konoha.” The old man said as usual with no sympathy.

“What?! Really?” I asked him

“Yeah, you can meet or train with that woman or whatever when you get strong enough not to get recognized. Stop thinking about the details and just finish your food for now. We have already wasted too much time we need to leave.”

 

 

 

Please leave a comment or review or both! I would appreciate it :)

12