The Force
371 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Darth Marr and Cathal entered the academy, they earned stares from everyone.

Whether it was respectful gazes or disrespectful ones.

The disrespectful ones were quickly shut down by the other passersby.

Not a word was said between the people in question as they walked with steady steps down the long corridors.

They arrived at an elevator and went in.

Darth Marr pressed a button, then turned to Cathal.

“Why do you want to fight him?” Darth Marr questioned Cathal.

Cathal looked at the floor for a few seconds, then back up at Darth Marr and answered.

“I don’t know. I don’t understand. I want to leave him as it is annoying. But I also want to see him dying at my feet with despair filled in his eyes. Hehehe, ooh, I can’t wait to see that.” Cathal voiced with his facial expression changing from apathetic to something with a maniacal smile on his face.

Darth Marr, who watched this, was intrigued with his change in behavior suddenly.

‘It is probably the side effect of his life. I need to keep this under control.’

As the elevator stopped and the doors opened, Darth Marr let out an annoyed groan.

“Ough, what do you want, Baras?” he said with clear disgust in his voice.

At the entrance of the elevator stood Darth Baras.

Darth Marr and Darth Baras have never gotten along.

As Darth Baras only cared for himself, and will do everything in his power to get stronger, even by underhanded means, according to Sith.

And Darth Marr was always looking to get stronger so he could help the empire prosper and grow stronger, which was highly frowned upon by Baras, as he thinks a sith should only care for themself.

Darth Baras also hates Darth Marr because he is so much weaker than him.

Darth Marr has more political power, pure force power, and combat power.

He is above Baras in everything, except maybe one thing.

Connections.

Though if Darth Marr used all the people who owed him things, he would not lose to Darth Baras in connections either, and Darth Baras knows that.

“Nothing, I’m just a little interested in what you brought. Your post isn’t on this planet after all.”

Darth Marr just snorted and walked past him with Cathal in tow.

As they arrived in a fast put together office for Darth Marr, they sat down.

“What type of weapon do you want?”

“Single bladed sword.” Cathal answered with no emotion.

Darth Marr opened a locker with the force and pulled out a training saber.

He levitated it towards Cathal, who caught it and stood up.

Cathal swung it twice, then sat down again.

“It’s good.” Cathal said as he pulled out the tablet with information in it again and started reading.

***

A day passed with Cathal spending his time getting more knowledge of fighting and history, as that is what the academy is best for.

He also learned in depth of the force for the first time, and it intrigued him.

The Dark side of the Force, also known as the Bogan or Boga by the ancient Force-sensitives of Tython or simply known as the Dark side, is an aspect of the Force.

Unlike the Light side of the Force; the dark side draws its power from negative raw emotions and feelings, such as anger, hatred, greed, jealousy, fear, aggression, megalomania, and unrestrained passion.

The Dark side of the Force takes a more aggressive stance, with most abilities, including harsh attacks while leaving no mercy.

Sith are most known for using dark side actions to get what they want and drive them further from the light with actions such as harming, killing and murdering needlessly.

Non Force-users also perform these actions, but because they have no attunement to the Force, their actions don’t cause them to fall to the dark side.

Going along with the darkness associated with their side, Sith are known to shroud themselves in darkness and wield lightsabers of menacing color and complexity.

Some Sith even use weapons that show different ways to inflict death and pain, but are mostly used for intimidation factors than actual combat use.

Cathal felt something for the first time when Darth Marr told him he has the attunement for the dark side of the force.

It was like a small itch in his soul, like something wanted to come out.

“When do I get a lightsaber?” Cathal asked.

“When you complete the tests, as everyone else.” Darth Marr answered after a long time thinking about this question.

He had been wondering if he should give one to him right away, or to give him at all.

But in the end, he decided it would be best for Cathal to earn his own lightsaber, with the hope of him feeling something akin to satisfaction or greed for it.

“Soon you have your battle with the acolyte. What will you do?” Darth Marr asked as he stared at Cathal.

“I have to give him an advantage, as he is a rank lower than me. It says in the tablet it is fair that way. But I also want to see his face of pure despair when he can’t even win when I give him all the advantages in the world. Ahh, I want to see that look as he bleeds out.”

After that brief episode of what Darth Marr had recognized as another personality, Cathal went back to being apathetic again.

“Stop. That is not how we sith do it. If he is weaker, that is his own fault. He should have held his face down and not gotten caught. You should not give him any advantage. But it’s a different thing if you do what you said after, then it’s fine.”

After that, they both stood up and walked out of the office, and there stood Darth Baras again.

“I will walk with you.” Darth Baras voiced as he walked beside Darth Marr.

———————————-

Right, I am sorry that this was not the battle scene.

I just needed to flesh out some information about the dark side of the force.

Also, try to align some things that I won’t tell you about.

But either way, the next chapter is going to be up on Sunday, then I keep my promise of 2 chapters a week.

I’m gonna go to sleep now.

Goodnight!

11