Ch237- Giganto
155 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


 

While Mokami and his agency where dealing with Overhaul, on the other side of the city, a different scene was unfolding. Gran Torino, a venerable pro hero with a reputation for efficiency and resilience, was leading a separate operation. He was accompanied by an elite team of heroes, their combined experience and proficiency transforming them into a formidable force. Their objective was not the Shie Hassaikai, but another elusive character of the criminal underworld - Kurogiri.

Despite the urgent reports of Kurogiri amassing a dangerous force, the forest that had been pinpointed as his supposed hideout appeared eerily silent, devoid of the anticipated villainous activity.

Undeterred, Gran Torino's eyes remained fixed on the dense foliage, his keen senses alert for any disturbance. He'd been at this game long enough to know that appearances were often deceptive, and silence rarely equated to safety.

"No sign of Kurogiri," muttered one of the accompanying heroes, his hand hovering over the holster of his gun, ready to draw at the slightest hint of danger.

"Keep your eyes open," Gran Torino responded, his voice a gravelly murmur against the quiet backdrop of the forest. His wrinkled eyes squinted in the darkness, missing no detail.

That's when they spotted it - a dark silhouette shifting amongst the shadows. Although the figure bore a striking resemblance to the way Kurogiri was known to move, something was different. The shadowy silhouette wasn't teleporting like Kurogiri usually did, it seemed to be moving within the shadows themselves, a completely different Quirk.

"Is that Kurogiri?" A young heroine, her hand resting on her hip, frowned in confusion.

Gran Torino's eyes narrowed, watching the figure closely. "It doesn't seem so," he grumbled. His gut was telling him that this was something else, something new. But whatever it was, it was far from innocent.

With a swift gesture, he signalled the team to follow the shadowy figure. As they moved, their footsteps were careful, soundless against the damp forest floor, their bodies casting long shadows in the pale rays of sun.

"Stay sharp," Gran Torino cautioned, his gaze fixed on the shadowy figure that continued to move in an unhurried manner, completely 'oblivious' to the fact that it was being trailed.

One thing was clear - this was not Kurogiri. However, the unknown posed its own set of dangers, especially in their line of work. There was no room for assumptions, only facts. And the fact was, there was an unknown element on the loose. Their duty, as heroes, was to investigate and ensure public safety.

As they shadowed the seemingly oblivious figure, it finally reached a clearing. A gasp collectively swept through the group of heroes as they observed the creature the figure was approaching. Towering over the terrain, its height equating that of a lofty tree or a three-story building, it exuded a raw, brutal presence. A muscular frame, rough as the jagged edges of rock formations, capped off by spiky brown hair. The sharp, pointed teeth protruding out from the sides of its mouth served as a ghastly image of untamed ferocity.

"What the hell is that?" a hero barely older than a trainee blurted out, his voice echoing across the quiet forest. At the sudden break of silence, the figure they were following turned. It was then that they saw him in his full gruesome glory.

Underneath the sunlight filtering through the canopy, the visage of the figure was illuminated, revealing a face composed entirely of scar tissue. It was a sight to behold; where features such as a nose, ears, or even hair should be, there was nothing but an expanse of scarred skin. The outlines of his eye sockets were barely visible, making him appear eerily devoid of sight.

"G-God..." one of the young heroes stammered, taking a step back in fear. His gaze was transfixed on the jagged, monstrous creature with no orifice.

"All for One!" Gran Torino exclaimed in shock, recognition lighting up in his aged eyes. He had hoped to never encounter the arch-nemesis of All Might again, yet here he was, a ghost from the past come back to haunt them.

"Heh, if it isn't Sorahiko Torino," All for One returned, his voice brimming with amusement. Despite his grotesque appearance, his voice was remarkably smooth. "Seems like time wasn't kind to you."

Gran Torino felt a flush of anger at the mockery. He clenched his fists, the knuckles whitening with exertion. But his anger was tempered by the necessity of keeping a cool head. He didn't rise to the bait, instead choosing to respond calmly, "I can say the same to you. Well, in that case, it was All Might, not time."

A low chuckle rumbled from All for One. "Always quick with the retorts, Sorahiko," he mused, his tone hinting at a grim satisfaction. "Tell me, have you come to try and capture me again?"

"Wouldn't that be a sight for sore eyes?" Gran Torino shot back, scanning the clearing, his eyes lingering on the hulking figure. There was an undercurrent of unease as he spoke, his gaze scrutinizing every dark corner for any signs of a possible attack.

Ignoring his companions' visible shock and discomfort, Gran Torino focused on the task at hand. He knew All for One was a master manipulator, one who reveled in mind games. He wouldn't allow him to derail their mission.

"The sight is already more disturbing than I'd like," he said, his voice taking on a harsh edge as he pointedly ignored the monster behind All for One. "You're not the one we were looking for."

"All the same, you found me," All for One said, his voice lowering to a near-whisper. The words hung heavy in the air, a veiled threat that sent shivers down the spines of even the most seasoned heroes.

"Gigantomachia, kill them all," All for One ordered, the words dropping like a bomb into the quiet that had taken hold of the clearing.

"As you command." The giant responded with a bellowing battle cry that echoed through the forest, shaking the leaves on the trees and making the ground tremble. He rose to his full height, every muscle in his monstrous body rippling with raw power.

8