Ch239- League’s New Target
164 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


 

The dimly lit bar served as a covert part of the League's hidden headquarters, shrouded in an air of enigma. A solitary chandelier hung low, casting stark, flickering shadows on the rustic brick walls. Amidst the scattered antiquated furniture, a figure was hunched over something, whistling a merry tune that reverberated through the silent space.

This intriguing character was Aiko, a man of peculiar disposition and a talent for mischief-making. In a sudden movement, he zipped over to a worn-out leather couch, transforming his demeanor from intense focus to nonchalant ease in an instant.

Just as his transition settled, the bar's door swung open, revealing the rest of the League's core members. Shigaraki led the group, with Kurogiri, Stain, and Dabi following closely behind. Shigaraki's frosty gaze locked onto Aiko, his features twisting into a curious scowl. He scanned the room, examining every nook, object, and shadow, searching for the slightest hint of change. But everything appeared unchanged, from the familiar chaotic state of the bar to the untouched computer sitting in the far corner of the room.

"Did you touch anything?" Shigaraki asked, his icy eyes still studying Aiko, who was now stretching languidly across the battered couch.

"Nah, I was just lazing," Aiko replied nonchalantly, flicking imaginary dust off his boots. He met Shigaraki's intense gaze with a playful smirk.

Shigaraki held Aiko's gaze for a few more seconds, allowing the silence to stretch before he broke it. "Your foolish antics cost us a strong faction of followers." His voice was cool, void of emotion, yet the hint of frustration was undeniable.

Aiko merely shrugged, a cheeky smile still playing on his lips. "To be fair, who would expect a fresh agency to have All Might in its ranks, right?" He chuckled, showing no signs of regret or concern.

Dabi snorted, crossing his arms over his chest as he lounged back in his chair. "You're right, Aiko," he replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "When you live under a rock, how would you know All Might, Ryukyu, and Mirko joined the same agency?"

Aiko's smile broadened at the barb, his eyes glinting with amusement. "Dabi-chan," he said, gesturing around them with a sweeping hand, "we do live under a rock, don't we?" He looked upward, as if expecting to see sky instead of the stone ceiling of their hideout. "No?"

The room fell into silence once more, the only sound being the faint, eerie echo of Aiko's laughter. Shigaraki pinched the bridge of his nose, a headache brewing. It was impossible to know whether Aiko's obliviousness was an act or genuine idiocy.

"Dabi's right, you know," Kurogiri said after a pause, his deep voice resonating in the silent room. He looked at Aiko pointedly, but there was no hint of anger or irritation in his gaze. Instead, there was a cautious concern. "We should've been aware. It's a significant risk."

"Risk or not," Stain interjected, his raspy voice grating the silence, "we can't afford another oversight like this, Aiko. Not if we want to survive."

"Surviving is overrated," Aiko smirked, lazily stretching his arms over his head. He met each gaze in the room, his own sparkling with mischief. "Now if you are talking about freedom, then you have me on board. Freedom is sooo underrated. I mean living between four walls," he paused dramatically, a hand fluttering to his chest. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..."

Dabi sighed, rubbing his temples as if warding off an impending headache. "Will you stop?" His voice was tense, frustration seeping into each syllable.

Aiko looked at him with a tilt of his head, an eyebrow arched in a playful challenge. "No?" He shot back, his smirk growing wider.

The room's tension was cut by the whirring of a computer coming to life in the corner. A raspy, inhuman voice crackled through the silence, demanding their attention. "We have a new direction."

Shigaraki jerked his head towards the sound, his frosty eyes locking onto the computer screen. "Sensei?" he asked, suspicion lacing his voice.

"In a month, we will attack I-Island." The voice from the computer stated in an emotionless tone, but the room was suddenly buzzing with a suppressed tension.

A wave of surprise washed over the League members. Shigaraki frowned, concern evident on his features. "Sensei, are you sure about this? Isn't it early to take on the Council?" His icy voice was steady, yet there was a hint of apprehension.

"I will send you help. With him, it will be easy." The voice from the computer stated, its tone unwavering and confident. Then, it went silent again, leaving behind the usual hum of the machinery.

At the arrival of Giran and the familiar face of Daichi, the tension in the room seemed to dial up a notch. Shigaraki's icy gaze flickered to Giran, who nodded subtly, affirming the newcomer's credibility. Shigaraki then turned to the newcomer, his cool demeanor never wavering.

"Welcome to the League, Daichi. Since your old organization is no more," Shigaraki stated, his voice echoing through the silent room. Daichi merely nodded in response, his face devoid of any discernible emotion.

At that moment, Aiko decided to cut through the silence. "Are we sure this is the real Sensei?" He asked, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. His question earned him an icy stare from Daichi, and a mixture of glare from the rest of the room, the heat of their anger nearly tangible in the air. But the look on Shigaraki's face was the one Aiko focused on - a warning, an intense gaze that silently spoke of consequences.

"Alright, alright, was just saying," Aiko raised his hands defensively, backing away from the group as he waved away the tension. His smirk never left his face, a beacon of nonchalance in the room. Just as the room was descending back into an uncomfortable silence, the unexpected sound of screams from outside jolted everyone into high alert.

The League members rushed outside, greeted by the ominous sight of a gigantic creature looming over their headquarters. "Gigantomachia," Shigaraki hissed through gritted teeth, his frosty gaze hardening with the recognition of the giant.

Whirling around, he shot a look at Aiko, his voice laced with an icy edge, "Only Sensei can control him and send him here like this." His eyes bore into Aiko's, conveying an unspoken message.

Aiko merely grinned, lifting his eyebrows in a silent acknowledgement of Shigaraki's words.

"Guess I was wrong, huh?" He asked, an air of mockery in his voice.

In response, Shigaraki merely huffed, his gaze once again landing on the giant that had stirred chaos within their headquarters.

 

8