C-8 [next stop, Eltshion]
93 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, before we start…I have to mention that there are two conditions to my request,” Miho said, transforming into her human disguise. “First, I won’t be accompanying you two on your adventure, but I’ll be keeping in touch through our pasofones daily. Your experiences will make excellent references for the creation of the new「World Novel」, so please do your best to share what happened throughout your day with me.”

We nodded our heads in agreement, and she continued with her second condition. 

“Next, because the upcoming ⟪Interdimensional World Novel Organisation⟫ contest round will be held in about three astral-months’ time, it is imperative that you complete your journey before that.” She glanced down at her pasofone and did some calculations on her fingers. “One astral-day is roughly three Earth days, which translates to one month in Eltshion. Which means you have about eight years’ time in Eltshion…will that be enough time for you?”

Terasia blinked her eyes in surprise. “That’s way more time than I was expecting.”

“I never knew that time passes so slowly for most of the universe,” I commented. 

“Oh? From my perspective, it feels that time passes too quickly for you instead—so much so that astral-time becomes meaningless when applied to the average lifespan of humans.” Miho’s ears twitched as she gave a light chuckle. “Then, I assume that you will finish your adventure and return to Earth within this period of time?”

“Mm, well, I wouldn’t want to miss school because of this,” I said sheepishly. “So, I’d like to be done before the school holidays ends…which should be just under a year in Eltshion.”

“I’m impressed that you are more concerned about school than anything else in this situation,” Terasia chided. 

I shook my head. “No, I’m scared of what will happen to me if my parents find out that I’ve not been at home studying for the A-levels…”

“Humans do have their fair share of troubles in their short lives too, don’t they?” Miho whispered into Seraphine’s ear. 

“It’s pretty complicated,” she murmured. 

She cleared her throat. “A-anyway, please allow me to explain what will happen from now. Eltshion is located in the magical realm, which is separate from our dimension. To reach there, we’ll have to use the astral-portals—”

“With my magic, I believe I can teleport us straight to Eltshion from here,” Terasia said suddenly.

All of us shot Terasia an astonished look in response. 

“You can do that?” I asked in an incredulous voice.

“Silly, how else do you think I came here?” 

Stifling a giggle, she turned to the Foxian. “I’ll need the coordinates of Eltshion in order to properly cast the teleportation spell, do you think you can get me that?”

“Sure, I’ll ask Her Holiness about it…” Miho said, raising an eyebrow. “But is it really okay to use such complicated magic so openly?” 

Complicated?” 

Terasia shot me an amused look. “Teleportation is one of the most basic spells that a first-time mage learns, isn’t it?”

I lifted my shoulders in a wry shrug. 

“If it’s that basic of a spell, there wouldn’t be a need for adventurers in Eltshion, you know.”

“I guess that makes sense…wait a minute—” she pointed at herself with a doubtful look in her eyes. “—then, is it just that my magic is too overpowered?”

“You’re only realising this now?!”

“Charlene has replied to me with the coordinates for Eltshion,” Miho interrupted with a light cough. “I’ll send them to your pasofone now.” 

“Yay!” She clapped her hands in excitement. “Then, shall I begin the preparation for the teleportation circle?”

Seraphine tilted her head to the side. “Don’t you want to pack some luggage to bring along at least? To my knowledge, usually isekai worlds lack many modern amenities that we take for granted…”

Gasping loudly, Terasia jumped onto her feet and grabbed my hand. “Right, I forgot we can do that! Avery, we got to go out and buy our travel supplies, like, right now!” 

-

While Terasia and Miho began the intricate process of etching a teleportation circle onto the floor of my living room, Seraphine helped to double check the things that we bought from our impromptu shopping trip.

“Four packs of tom yam flavoured Maggi noodles, ten cans of baked beans and saba fish, bottled mineral water and…Coca-Cola?” Giving a judgemental look, she opened up the other plastic bag. “And here you have disposable dental kits, toilet paper, laundry detergent and soap…you two went all out, didn’t you?” 

“The three hundred dollars my dad gave me for the month came in clutch,” I admitted.

Crossing her arms, she nodded her head thoughtfully. “Well, you definitely covered almost every base, but how are you going to carry all this stuff with you?”

“Oh, Terasia said that she can store everything in a pocket space using her dimensional magic.”

“Magic sure is convenient, huh.” 

“That’s what I’ve been saying~”

“Avery, the circle is ready!” Terasia called out towards me. “Come and stand over here when you’re done!”

Following her instructions, I stood in the centre of the teleportation circle with our bags while she adjusted the destination of the spell to Miho’s coordinates. Her fingers traced invisible lines through the air, leaving behind a mesmerising array of runes and symbols that danced in response to her magical touch. 

Sirku lʊs trænsitʊs, nɛksʊs i tɛrnʊs, in mistika astra, via əpɛrta.

The air began to shimmer and crackle as she completed the incantation and joined me in the centre. With a surge of power, the teleportation circle beneath our feet glowed intensely, and a radiant aura enveloped us.

“See you in Eltshion,” Miho said, bidding us goodbye. “And many thanks for lending me your abode, Hero. Good luck on your journey!” 

Seraphine held her hand up in a farewell gesture too. “Please don’t die…” 

“Bye-bye!”

“Send my regards to Liam—”

In the blink of an eye, the familiar sight of my living room dissolved into a mystical haze. 

I could feel something stirring within me as a tingling sensation took hold, starting at my fingertips and spreading rapidly throughout my entire body. My heart leaped, and for a fleeting instant I felt weightless, as if suspended between dimensions. 

Then, my feet landed on something soft.

The air, thick with swirling dust and magic residue, greeted my senses as I took in the arid expanse before me in astonishment. 

“Hm, that’s strange,” Terasia muttered, looking around at the barren desert. “Where in Eltshion are we?” 

“Wait, that should be my question…” I trailed off as I felt a hot and particularly powerful rush of air against the back of my neck. The sudden sensation sent a chill running down my spine, and my instincts instantly alerted me to an unseen presence behind me. 

“No way, right?” Terasia whispered, a look of grimace on her face.

With a slow, cautious turn, we pivoted to face the source of the unpleasant breath—a colossal silhouette which seemingly stretched across the horizon emerging from the dusty haze. Cascades of sand slid down its gleaming golden scales as they shifted and flexed with each movement; two vast and translucent wings unfurled, casting a menacing shadow over us as they stretched out in either direction. 

Our wide-eyed gazes met the sand dragon’s fiery amber eyes. 

“W-welcome to Eltshion, I guess,” Terasia breathed. “Is it a good idea to run now?”

“For real?” 

As the words left my lips, I gripped the hilt of my summoned sword with renewed determination. 

“No offence—but compared to demons, dragons are a piece of cake.”

 

Thank you for reading! Your support is always appreciated~~ 

As usual, from this chapter onwards, subsequent chapters will be released every Friday at midnight UTC time unless otherwise stated! If you'd like to read chapters in advance, exclusive side stories and more, please consider giving my Patreon your support~ Link can be found in my profile or here: killwrites <3


Next chapter, C-9 [raven errant【1】] will be released on 12 Apr, 12 AM UTC

8