Chapter 6: Gray Matters.
24 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Here is the results of Friday's poll. Glad you are all still very interactive or I would not be able to keep writing. So I would like to thank you all haha... Also please remember to vote! Thank you and enjoy the chapter!

 

 

Silvas took a moment to breathe, huffing out a grand triumphant breath. Afterwards he stood, walking over to gather his spoils.

Two dark silk like cloths, and three small sleek like crystals no bigger than his fingernails.

Seems the Imp did not drop a tooth this time. So the drops are random… He thought.

Silvas looked side to side down the tunnel passages, trying his best to make out in the dim light if there were any more surprises. And when he couldn’t spot any he sheathed his dagger at his side, sliding the cloths and crystals into his pocket.

His pocket was already beginning to bulge, and he once again questioned why he had ran into the tower with nothing prepared.

Sighing he brought up his status which he scoffed, thinking it was quickly becoming a habit.

 

Name: Silvas D. Galanas

Race: Human [E]

Level: 3

Class: Druid [Starter]

Vitality 22

Strength 15

Agility 11

Perception 12

Intelligence 17

Wisdom 10

Endurance 13

Resistance 11

Free Points: 4

Skill Points: 2

Skills: They are Watching Lvl 999, Nature’s Breath Lvl 1, Nature Shock Lvl 1.

Passive Traits: Poison Resistance Lvl 1, Nature Resistance Lvl 1.

Titles: First Class, Fledgling Climber

Possible Succession Classes: Nature Caller, Beastmaster, Pagan, Forest Guardian, Whisperer of the Forest, Arbiter of the Forest, Bane of Nature

 

Silvas subconsciously smiled at the increase in his stats, feeling within himself the power somehow. A knowing that he had become stronger.

He also spotted the two new classes that had appeared. Quickly giving another glance down the tunnels and seeing nothing he inspected them.

 

Arbiter of the Forest

  • Uses Nature magic to fight against the intruders of their domain. Protecting the forest as one who fights first.
  • Benefits from Agility and Intelligence.

 

Bane of Nature

  • Uses Nature affinity curses and magic to draw the life from enemies that was given by Mother Earth.
  • Benefits from Intelligence and Wisdom.

 

Silvas grimaced at the latter class description, reminding him of the gnarled witches found in the forests of Huthurle out in the countryside. They told stories of the gangs of old widows who turned to unnatural means that no one could place to take life from anyone who ventured the forest.

It sent a shiver down even Silvas’s spine as he remembered the stories from the barracks. And it was not just from the well told stories from the elder orphans. He had witnessed the taking of a boy when they had to pass the forest during basic.

He was a jokester who had taken the joke too far, getting so close to the forest he was taken in seconds. Silvas remembered vividly the movement of the trees as the seemingly sturdy tree’s unrooted themselves, pulling the youth into the forest in an instant.

What perturbed him more as a teen was the face he saw the green eyes in the dark shadows of the tree line once it had happened.

Their CO had told them not to get close and follow the path on their rounds and when he found out that someone had been insubordinate not only was he furious, but cursed as he mumbled about filing another report as well as having to gather people for a search party.

But they had never found the boy.

Silvas came back to, hearing the rumble of dirt at the end of the hallway.

Looking over he saw a long gray figure crawling on the ground. Two antenna protruded from its head and moved slowly back and forth almost tasting the air, before both turned to face Silvas.

He pulled his dagger from his sheath holding it in front of himself and pointed his staff in the same direction.

The obvious slug like creature moved closer as it wormed forward, stopping and bending upwards, its front opening into a nest of sharp razor teeth as it exhaled in a hiss.

Silvas raised a brow looking at the monster, but kept his guard up as it was the first time he had encountered the beast.

A moment later a gurgle sounded from the slug like thing then suddenly a green blob launched from its mouth.

Silvas jerked to the side, dodging the relatively slow projectile, his eyes tracing it as it hit the side of the cave, a subtle hissing sound.

“It’s acid?” Silvas said calmly, turning his head back to the creature, another gurgling sound forming in the throat of the monster.

Silvas didn’t wait for it this time and chanted his Nature Shock spell, running forward in tandem with it.

After a step and the green bolt of nature magic fired, the slug shot out its own green blob of acid.

Silvas sidestepped the attack, his spell colliding with the slug, shocking it for a moment. He didn’t miss his moment and lunged forward and priming his leg to kick the beast back, not wanting to possibly ruin his dagger in the fluids of the beast.

His kick connected sending the monster backwards. Silvas fired off another Nature Shock, with subsequent shots, not sure how many it would take.

Unfortunately the second bolt slammed into the creature bursting it into dust. His other two bolts burying themselves into the floor of the tunnel.

 

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

 

Silvas released a breath, satisfied that the monster was relatively easy to kill.

I am surprised that something so weak is roaming around alone. Not only was it weak but slow as well… Silvas was thinking before at the end of the tunnel he spotted similar antenna turning the corner.

Then another pair, and another and another, soon the cave turned from the dirt and stone color to a wash of gray that slowly moved forward towards him.

“Shit,” Silvas cursed, his eyes glancing at the small crystal the slug had left. Reluctant to leave his spoils.

Gritting his teeth he tried to quickly count the monsters, but soon lost count after 30.

Having no choice Silvas turned, and ran down the hallway, firing bolts behind him wildly, making sure to not over use his mana but still wanting to whittle down the pack of slugs.

 

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

 

Huffing, Silvas continued to run down the tunnel, taking a moment to rest as he turned a corner. Each time eyeing his Mana waiting for it to tick upwards slowly before checking the movement of the slug pack.

Trying to move his head past the corner wall, he was splashed with a drop of acid on his shoulder.

Wincing he rolled and began moving down the tunnel trying to gain distance. Silvas looked at his shoulder hearing the sizzling of his flesh, but thankfully it soon stopped, the pain however still remaining.

Turning again he fired into the pack of the slugs, hearing the notifications as background noise as he did.

 

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

……….

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

 

[Increased to Druid level 4]

 

Yes! Silvas cheered internally, feeling the refreshing flood of the level up. Both his Health and Mana refilling nearly to full.

Contrary to what Silvas cheered for, he had barely put a dent into the clump of slugs, but now he had a plan formed.

As long as I can keep my distance, this is a walking well of experience. I just need to keep going and gaining levels and I can do this endlessly! He mused, running to gain distance once again, turning the corner and firing his Nature Shock into the crowd of gray.

 

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

…..

 

Again he moved, repeating the process, his grin widening each time, feeling the flood of adrenaline once again passing through him. Almost as if he was on the battlefield once again, surrounded with enemies.

Silvas began to draw on the feeling, going into a fervor, taking more time to distance himself as he fired, dancing with the projectiles of acid, dodging and weaving, allowing him to kill more and more.

 

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

…….

 

Silvas began to laugh, caught in the familiar feeling of the fight.

 

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

 

Silvas finally lowered his staff arm, exhaustion assaulting him despite his only halved statuses.

Walking forward towards the lone surviving slug, it raised its head a gurgle sounding.

Silvas moved mechanically as the projectile left the beast’s mouth, dodging the acid by a large margin, then kicked the beast backwards the same as the first slug he had encountered, it flying across the long tunnel, bouncing against the floor.

Raising his arm one last time he pointed it at the shakily stabilizing monster.

Silvas quickly casted his spells.

Nature Shock! Nature Shock!”

Without even looking he plopped to the floor all around him mountains of crystals.

 

[Dark Slug Level 1 Killed] [Experience Earned]

 

[Increased to Druid Level 5]

 

[Skill List Available]

 

Silvas smiled.

“Where the hell am I going to put all these..?”

 

Name: Silvas D. Galanas

Race: Human [E]

Level: 5

Class: Druid [Starter]

Vitality 26

Strength 15

Agility 11

Perception 12

Intelligence 19

Wisdom 10

Endurance 13

Resistance 11

Free Points: 8

Skill Points: 4

Skills: They are Watching Lvl 999, Nature’s Breath Lvl 1, Nature Shock Lvl 1.

Passive Traits: Poison Resistance Lvl 1, Nature Resistance Lvl 1.

Titles: First Class, Fledgling Climber

Possible Succession Classes: Nature Caller, Beastmaster, Pagan, Forest Guardian, Whisperer of the Forest, Arbiter of the Forest, Bane of Nature, Savage of the Woods, Forest Elder

 

[Generating Skill List]

..

..

.

Nature’s Bane, Nature Strike, Roots, Forest Plague, Spirit Imbuement, Nature’s Fortification

 


 

Nature’s Bane Level 1

  • 4 Skill Points
  • Uses Nature Magic to curse a single enemy.
  • Deals 10 Nature Damage for every point of Intelligence for 1 minute.
  • Cost: 10% of Maximum Mana
  • Cooldown: 10 Seconds. No Internal CD (Can be used while duration is ongoing.)

 

Nature Strike Level 1

  • 4 Skill Points
  • Uses nature Magic to Imbue a weapon.
  • Deals 10 Nature Damage for every point of Strength.
  • Cost: 5% Maximum Mana, 5% of Maximum Stamina.
  • Cooldown: None

 

Roots Level 1

  • 2 Skill Points
  • Uses Nature Magic to summon roots to immobilize target, does not stun.
  • Roots will loosen upon taking 10% of Targets Maximum Health.
  • 20 Second Root Duration.
  • Cost: 5% of Maximum Mana.
  • Cooldown: 30 Seconds.

 

Forest Plague Level 1

  • 6 Skill Points
  • Uses Nature Magic to spread a plague of spores into the surroundings infesting enemies.
  • Deals 5 Nature Damage for every point of Intelligence over 15 seconds, at end of duration infested targets take a flat 50 damage.
  • If the target is killed, enemies within 1 meter of the target have their Plague refreshed for non stacking damage.
  • Cost: 75% of Maximum Mana
  • Cooldown: 5 Minutes.

 

Spirit Imbuement Level 1

  • 4 Skill Points
  • Uses Nature Magic to call upon a tamed, or contracted animal spirit imbuing characteristics of the animal.
  • Effects of Imbuement are affected by spirit class, level, quality and familiarity.
  • Effects last for a maximum of 5 minutes. Changing of spirits will require full cost of spell.
  • Cost: 50% of Maximum Mana, 50% of Maximum Stamina
  • Cooldown: None.

 

Nature’s Fortification Level 1

  • 2 Skill Points
  • Uses Nature Magic to Increase one’s physicality.
  • Increases Resistance, Endurance, Vitality by 5 Permanently.

 

 

 

 

For reference, it is needed to be said that Silvas's current skills can be leveled up without the use of skill points through something that will be revealed later when he has hopefully left the tower... Also if you wish for Forest Plague there will be an option for it so he will automatically select the skill when he reaches level 7.

Pick a skill! Or don't idk...
  • Nature's Bane Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nature Strike Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Roots Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forest Plague Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spirit Imbuement Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nature's Fortification Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roots" Nature's Fortification Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait for more options Votes: 1 33.3%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Feb 16, 2023 05:09 PM.
1