Chapter 9: P1 – The Floor Boss
32 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Here are the votes from Monday. Unfortunately I will have to place this project on hold for a week as I have just gotten a new puppy, and I am training him to become a service or emotional support dog. And I cant justify keeping the series going right now as it will take away from my main fiction. 

I will say that I only plan on keeping the series delayed for a week to two weeks until my puppy has settled in and has his routine. Once he is set, I will finish part 2 of this chapter and set up the votes again.

I am embarrassed to say that I can not handle my current workload but it is what it is and I apologize for that. The series will be back soon, and I hope you will stick around for that. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

 

 

 

After a few parsed moments, Silvas took one last look at the boy, then back to the man.

I have some feelings on how this man is treating that boy. But I do need information, and joining this party even temporarily for now would be the best course of action. I can get the information I want, and possibly help the boy if I can along the way…. Silvas thought, stretching his own hand out to meet the handshake.

“It would be a pleasure to join…?” Silvas asked, leaning into a question, hoping the man named himself.

The man caught his meaning, “Name’s Kav. This here is our Water Mage, Serina, and our healer Joey,” Kav said, pointing to each with his thumb.

“Hello there,” Serina said, pulling down her hood. Revealing two pointed ears much like Alcou, accompanied with deep blue eyes and bright blond hair.

Next, Joey did the same, pulling down his hood and greeting Silvas with a nod but no words.

Silvas did not fail to notice that once again they had ignored the porter boy and not even introduced him.

The boy in question had not said a word since he had found the party, even in their short interaction. Now he was still leaning against the wall with his head on the floor. Silvas wanted to help the boy but he needed information first. As far as the boy went, he would help where he could.

“It is good to meet you all,” Silvas said with a short nod of the head, “I’d like to determine how the loot will be distributed? And I would like to mention that I am fresh, so I am essentially clueless.”

Serina gave Silvas a pitiful gaze, “Oh a freshly summoned? Perhaps he was brought by the Gods to be a plaything. That would explain why he's so ill equipped.. It’s a miracle that he’s lasted so long. Kav I think we may have picked up a rising star!” she finished, with a clap of her hands.

Kav just scoffed before answering Silvas, “Yeah we will just have to see if he lied on his resume or not. But It’s true that you cant really do much on your own unless you were a good fighter before…” he trailed off looking Silvas up and down again, “Anyway the loot will be split from us four. Then the porter there will get a 5% cut from the top for his service,” Kav said, spitting the last few words, his face scrunching up in disgust.

“I see…” Silvas said, noting the genuine hate the man seemed to have for the boy, confused as to why, but continued with his questions, “Then how much further from here is the Boss of the floor?”

Kav crossed his arms taking a moment to think about it, or at least that’s what Silvas believed that was what the pause was for.

“I’d give it about an hour or so more…. Got some place to be?” Kav asked.

“Not at all, but I have limited rations and no water so I’m not sure I can last until then,” Silvas said, trying to lay on the emphasis that he needed them lest he grow too tired to be of any help.

Kav clicked his tongue.

“Yeah, I get it. Now that you’re part of the party and all, I guess we can give you some water on the cheap, Serina.”

Kav turned to make room for Serina to move closer.

“Do you even have something to put the water in?” she asked, slightly concerned.

“That I do not. Will I have to pay for that as well, my new party?” Silvas asked, his disappointment rising.

Serina gave a bright smile.

“Now, now… Kav is just a nickel and dimer because it’s hard to make a profit when you are still only on the first couple floors. We’ll give you a canteen and I will fill it free of charge,” she said lightly.

“We will?” Kav gumbled.

“Yes, we will. I swear you are nothing but a child when it comes to these things. You have to spend money to make money, it is just the way of any world,” Serina replied.

“I am very gracious that you would do that for me. I’ll be sure to repay the favor, Serina,” Silvas said, a smile on his lips.

From nowhere Serina pulled a canteen out into her outstretched hand. The other glowed a light blue as she hovered it over the open container, water spilling from her palm.

So this is water magic..? She can cast without a spell. I wonder what level she is, and if that is a mechanic of her skill or just her talent? Silvas thought curiously as he watched her fill the canteen, top it, then hand it over.

“And just like that, you have fresh drinking water!” she smiled.

Silvas thanked her then asked another question that was on his mind.

“What will be our battle formation? I am assuming he,” pointing to Kav, “Will be at the front, while the rest of us attack from the back?”

“He! Has a name newbie!” Kav growled, but sighed when Serina calmed him down with her hand on his shoulder, “Yes, that's the basic formation. You have something to say about it, newbie?”

“No, none at all, sir,” Silvas said snidely.

Kav rumbled something in his throat for a moment but let it go with a nudge from Joey.

“I get it. We’re wasting time. Let's get going, move your feet newbie,” Kav directed, with a huff.

Hm, seems he can at least keep his cool when provoked. That’s a nice trait to have. There might be something to this group after all. Silvas thought, following along with the now moving group.

1