v2 POLL SIX: The Side Project Poll
612 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our final poll in the “intermission” week of polls!

Succubated vol 2 begins tomorrow with the prologue of the new volume. (Fair warning for readers who want to get back to the main action… just like the prologue and epilogue for volume 1, this prologue involves a completely different point of view off to one side.)

Thanks for voting in these polls! They’re very helpful for knowing what you’re interested in, and we’ll discuss the results in upcoming “author’s note” postscripts as the results close. (You have one more day to vote on your favorite character, for instance… wow John Hayes finally got a little love!)

Our last poll is about what we should focus on as a secondary project. Our first priority, at least until we store up a lot of chapters, will be to keep drafting and posting Volume 2 of Succubated! But it’s always useful to have a “second thing to do” in case of getting stuck or needing a break. What’s your choice for second place?

Here are some possibilities!

  1. SYNCHRONY::OVERRIDE is one of our other ongoing series (along with Parturient, which is written by The Wolf Among the Woods). It's a more hellish, surreal tale. There are about ten chapters left, but they come out more slowly (once/week lately) for technical reasons having to do with plot structure and AI technology! The first choice is "make sure Synchrony::Override keeps going at its current pace, or maybe a little faster!"

  2. Second, for true die-hard fans of Succubated: the first twenty chapters of Succubated could use some more love. Like a lot of "beginnings" of web novels and webcomics, they're a little rougher and don't have the same quality as the end. A "full rewrite" isn't likely while we still have more storyline to unfurl, but at some point it would be nice to polish up and edit the beginning of Succubated so that it has better flow, prose and more detail. No plot points would be changed at all, it'd just be filled in a little more. This would be great for new readers, and also for anyone who wants to re-read; it's also a good choice if you want a book version of Succubated, as we'd want to get the story text nice before "going to press!"

  3. ...or we could put more time into images? The results so far of our image poll suggest that most readers don't feel like it's important to have an image every chapter, but we could also spend more time experimenting with better image quality for those of you who are big fans of illustrations.

  4.  There are also future series on the horizon for the Nexus NYC setting, since sometimes it's hard not to outline a neat idea for a new character! The next story is All-American Arachnid Princess, a tale of school life, cliques, great power and great irresponsibility, and... of course, supernatural transformation. So far this one has stayed on the shelf as an outline, because the other stories that came first need more love! But we'd love to know if you're excited for something like this.

  5. Finally, we have some other side stories that have concluded: Redraw Me and Samira's Curse, both of which could continue with a bonus chapter or a second short installment if you're a huge fan! (But tell us in a comment if you want to vote for one of these!
Besides new chapters of Succubated, what should come next?
  • Finish the remaining (around ten) chapters of SYNCHRONY::OVERRIDE Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Polish and revise the beginning of Succubated: better quality for new readers (and re-readers!) Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Make more and better images to accompany Succubated chapters! Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Start work on the next series, All-American Arachnid Princess Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Explore the stories of characters from Redraw Me or Samira's Curse some more! Votes: 2 9.1%
  • It’s summer! Put down the keyboard and go outside! Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (leave a comment!) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 22 · This poll was closed on Jun 13, 2023 02:26 PM.
13