Tag Notes and Content Warnings [ Not sure you’ll like this? READ FIRST! ]
2.4k 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Due to some questions and concerns about the themes in Succubated, we put together a preface with details and spoilers about the first volume. Read this before you start!

Succubated! is a dark, explicit story with content that some readers may find disturbing. It’s also written by a 50/50 combination of human and AI-generated writing (but not ChatGPT). Some readers have expressed concern and confusion about how dark or deliberately disturbing the content might get, so we're creating this page with spoilers to give you details in advance... if you want them. Individual chapters have brief content warnings, but keep reading below if you want more details, especially before deciding to read a long series.

The Gender Stuff

Succubated! is both a gender-bending series and a transgender series in a dark-modern-fantasy / supernatural setting, with complex plot mixed with smutty scenes every 2-4 chapters. If you're upset by characters whose gender and bodies change throughout the story, don't read this series! This is not a Gender Bender series where the main character wakes up as a different gender and it's no big deal for their character development, nor is it a Transgender series with a realistic or "happy wish fulfillment" transition. The main character's identity and feelings about gender are involved throughout, and many chapters feature involuntary bodi ly changes that some might consider "Body Horror." It's not a smooth ride or easily accepted, but it's not meant to be a typical "forced feminization" story either.

Detailed Gender Content Spoilers for Volume 1:

Spoiler

The main character, Father Michael Belmont, is a priest who knows that he repressed his own sexual identity for a long time. He's possessed by a demon who seeks to take over his body and destroy his personality so that she may continue to exist without losing her own sense of self. She tempts him with visions of sex, and gradually transforms his body to resembles her own. In the first half of Volume I, he tries to resist the changes but inadvertantly accelerates them several times, beginning to despair and lose his sense of self. Eventually, in a period when the demon is dormant, he decides to take control of his own destiny by taking the reins of his change and growing power, choosing to become a succubus and adopting a female name and identity. Now known as Micki, she embraces a new life and sexual freedom. However, she’s pursued and hunted by enemies who seek to control her, who go so far as to kidnap her (see dark content spoilers below) and  eventually memory-wipe her into transforming back into a male form. She overcomes this situation and breaks out of her supernatural restraints, becoming a full-fledged demon who can no longer easily “pass” as human.

[collapse]

The Dark Stuff

Second, Succubated! is a series where the main character suffers a number of ordeals involving abuse, manipulation, non-consensual bodily transformations, and various degrees of mind control. The goal of using these themes is not to create gratuitous "torture porn" for the sake of depicting horrible things, and it's not for the sake of making the main character hardened, tough, revenge-seeking, or powerful.

Instead, the trials of the main character should be an organic part of the character's journey of growth and self-discovery—at least we hope so. You can read it and judge how we did. (Feel free to comment!) We're exploring these themes in part because in the real world, self-discovery and actualization of sexual and gender identity often comes with a lot of difficulty, oppression and trauma. Of course, this is not a realistic depiction, because there's magic and demons involved.

These ordeals don't result in the main character being permanently "broken" or "mind-wiped" or turned into a slave, or anything like that; this is not that kind of story.

Specific Content Warnings for ordeals encountered by the main character:

Spoiler

Verbally abusive harassment, bodily invasion, forced transformation, dream manipulation /loss of control, attempted sexual assault, street harassment, internalized homophobia and transphobia, imprisonment and physical abuse, brainwashing, forced detransition, mind control

[collapse]

Detailed Dark-Content Spoilers for Volume 1:

Spoiler

The main character is initially harassed and tormented by a demon who's possessed him and wants to take over and transform his body. In classic demonic fashion, she tries to taunt, curse, and tempt him, thrusting him into dreams and visions full of sexual situations where he's not fully in control of his (frequently changing) body or feelings, and often "becomes" someone else. In waking life, his body is gradually transformed to become more female, against his will. Eventually, the main character decides to accept and try to control these changes, and comes to identify as female. Not long after, the protagonists' enemies retaliate by assaulting the main  character. She's subsequently kidnapped by Vatican agents who want to deprogram and exorcise her. They imprison her, subjecting her to physical abuse, magical mind control, further dream manipulation, and eventually brainwash her into believing she's someone else. This new identity resembles a forced detransition to a male gender expression, which may be particularly upsetting to trans readers. In the final act, the main character forms an alliance with the demon who possessed her, and the two find a way to coexist. She manages to uncover truths about her situation: she was targeted all along as a guinea pig for demonic possession experiments, due to her repression. Her investigation causes the experimental program to unravel, and she turns the tables on her captors, then escapes with the help of her friends.

[collapse]

The Smutty Stuff

Succubated! is a “plot with smut” series. In Volume 1, about 40% of the chapters have some kind of sexually explicit scene, either involving detailed bodily transformations or sex acts. Because of the changing nature of multiple characters’ genders and bodies, it can be tricky to categorize this series as Boys Love or Girls Love. The protagonist starts off with a strong attraction to men, has an unexpected affair with a woman, ultimately ends up in more than one group sex scene, and is basically bisexual or omnisexual. The relationships depicted are predominantly between female-identifying characters so the main genre tag is Girls Love. However, because there are some straight relationships it’s not “pure” Girls Love.

The Reverse Harem tag in this series refers to a “polycule” situation with several partners of varying genders in relationships with the main character and each other, and is not the kind of harem where the main character collects sexual partners constantly or is the sole target of affection. The BDSM tag is also used because many but not all of the explicit scenes involve pain, restraint and power dynamics. Mind Control comes up a lot in sexual and non-sexual contexts, as a villainous weapon that’s not all-powerful or lightly used and can lead to trauma.

The AI Stuff

The words in Succubated! are written by a combination of AI (large language model) generation and human writing and editing. We do not use the most common “prompting” method used with instruct model LLMs like ChatGPT, where a human writes a command like “write me a story about a succubus” to get a story output; we’ve tried this and don’t think it produces good writing, especially in a long form like a web novel. Instead, the generative AI systems used for this series (NovelAI models Krake and Clio) use human writing as a starting point, then continue what’s been written, drawing on human-written lore, backstory, and scene summaries.

The first drafts are like a tennis match, with the writing bouncing back and forth between the human author (RiderEmma) and AI, each contributing about 40-60%. The AI often randomly inserts new ideas or outcomes, a little bit like writing with a tarot deck or RPG dice, which the human writer can run with or reject. The first draft is then edited and revised by the human author, especially to iron out inconsistencies, improve the writing quality, and produce a work that has copyright protection. Like all large language models, Krake and Clio were trained on a huge amount of human-written data, including fan fiction and web novels from across the internet and many copyrighted works.

Although the AI generation in this case was directed to draw primarily on public domain authors and the human author’s writing for inspiration and word/stylistic choice, this project would not have been possible without training on copyrighted human works. If you find this problematic, please don’t read! We are not here to evangelize or promote AI, as there a whole lot of serious concerns about the impact of generative AI on creative work, the labor economy, misinformation, spam, etc.

16