Prologue
1.2k 7 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samaya did not like this mission. And it had not even started. Call it a hunch. A gut feeling. The same kind she had when she lost… that man forever. 

But …. Orders were orders. And they went wherever the Agency pointed and did whatever the Agency told them to do.

Third Eye Agency. TEA for short. It was named so because it was deemed as the eyes that watched over the world and protected its peace. Formed after the Second World War alongside the United Nations, working as its supplementary organization in the shadows. While the UN worked in the light, fighting to establish human rights and establish world peace, TEA worked in the shadows, doing all the dirty work needed in order to protect the peace obtained in exchange for the blood and lives of millions of people.

Some mad scientist just made a deadly biochemical weapon that could kill half the population? They would be sent in to extract information, kill the man and destroy the weapon. One of the world powers is preparing to start a war that could be the onset of another world war? They would be sent to kill the key leaders and change the leadership. Some mafia groups were creating and selling a drug, spreading it across countries like a pandemic? They would systematically cut down the entire organization. A terrorist organization was operating a nuclear plant in a small city? Destroy the city. Yes. Destroy it. Along with the terrorist group. Along with all the other people in the city. 

TEA …. Heh. Such a funny name for such a dangerous organization of cold-hearted spies and assassins. Their mission was to protect world peace. The greater good. Even if that meant sacrificing themselves. Even if it meant sacrificing innocent people. After all… the good of many outweighs the good of the few. It was one of the most important principles of their organization, one of the principles that guided every mission they participated in. Samaya herself had done her fair share of dirty work. 

Vibrations from her wrist pulled her out of her thoughts and she looked down. 

Almost time. 

She got up, making sure her equipment and vests were in place, and then checked the coordinates on her watch. That place. That place where that man had disappeared. As if into thin air. Never to be seen again. He slipped through her hands like sand.

She let out a shaky breath and pushed down the storm of emotions that threatened to claw up her throat. An unstable mind would only compromise the mission right now. She cracked her neck and rolled her arms to warm up just a bit as a robotic voice chimed in her air.

“Doors opening in T minus 60 seconds. Please get ready, agent.”

She put on her protective gear, made sure her suit and vest were in place and made sure her parachute was strapped tightly before she went to stand in front of the doors.

“T minus 30 seconds.”

The aircraft tilted down a bit before stabilizing. She didn’t move an inch. The pilot was a long time friend of hers and she trusted him. Almost there. The back doors lifted and she flinched a bit at the sudden influx of air. 

“T minus 10 seconds”

“9… 8…. 7… 6…. 5…. 4…. 3…. 2… 1!”

She stepped forward. Throwing a “SEE YOU IN A FEW HOURS!” in the loudest voice she could manage towards the pilot, she ran towards the edge and jumped, unaware of what a big, fat lie those words would turn out to be. 

-------

Author's Note: Hello! Welcome to my original story. My brain baby that I have been nurturing for a while. I hope to take you guys on a good ride of romance, fantasy, action and emotions. If you're interested in going on this journey with me, please add this to your library. I would love it if you voted and/or left your thoughts in a comment!

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Flames are not!

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed!

45