Chapter 5: Only In Ohio – Living Desires
78 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please Offer Blood To Flan-chan!

Ever since Reimu and her group went out to hunt down Ran Yakumo, Amelia had been living in the mansion with Miss Sakuya and Flandre Scarlet. However, Flandre was remembered as a mass murderer by the souls from Ohio, and for the whole day, they were screaming inside Amelia's head, "Escape the mansion! Must return to Ohio!"

"Miss Amelia, are you okay?" Flandre asked, making a concerned look on her face.

"I…I was just thinking about something," Amelia replied, feigning a smile.

Out of nowhere, Flandre handed over a tiny plate of dessert to her, "Do you want some pudding?"

"I don't…" Amelia was hesitant to refuse, but she took it anyway.

Flandre pressed a finger against her lips and giggled mischievously, "That's my sister's pudding, you know."

"Mistress Remilia's pudding?!" Amelia exclaimed, looking at the empty plate she was holding.

"Shh. It's our secret," Flandre whispered with a cheeky grin.

Amelia's mind calmed down at the moment, the voices in her head slowly fading away. She considered the feeling absurd: the feeling of falling in love with Flandre's delightful charm. She was conflicted about the emotions from the souls within her, questioning herself, "Do I really love Flan-chan, or do I hate Flan-chan?"

Then, she saw Flandre giving her a reassuring smile. "Why so sad? We can just ask Miss Sakuya to make another pudding, you know." The young vampire said in her cheerful, comforting voice.

"You…" Amelia teared up, "You've heard of dad, right? Billy?"

Flandre's eyes sparkled in joy as she nodded happily, "Yes! He's a good friend of mine!"

"What…? Did someone just take over my mind?" Amelia asked herself, wiping the tears off her face.

 


This Is Just Too Random

Satori Komeiji, the lonely guest earlier, approached Amelia and gasped, "What in the world, I can't read your mind at all?!"

"Eh…?" Amelia uttered, terribly confused.

"So you're the rumoured sentient doll of the Seven Coloured Puppeteer. You're more interesting than I thought, after all."

"I-I've heard of you, you're the mind-reading youkai."

"How strange, I am able to read your mind, but your thoughts are too hard to read…"

"What do you mean, Miss Satori?"

"How come you have multiple thoughts at the same time? I can't read it at all!"

Amelia stepped away from the mind-reading youkai and protested, "Why are you even reading my mind? That's just scary!"

A temple hermit with the ability to hear people's desires suddenly appeared. Her pair of fluffy, hairy ears twitched as she shouted aloud, "You, rumoured sentient doll! Why do you have so many desires?!"

Amelia turned her head towards the temple hermit and shrieked, "Where did you come from?! Miss Sakuya, help!" However, both Flandre and Sakuya had already escaped, leaving her at the mercy of the two privacy invaders.

Afterwards, the purple-cloaked hermit finally introduced herself, "My name is Toyosatomimi no Miko, I apologise for my unpleasant greeting earlier."

"That was a greeting…?" Amelia scratched her head, still troubled by the situation she was in. Then, she politely rejected them, "Miss Satori, Miss Toyatosa-something, please—"

"Gasp," Miko, the temple hermit, uttered. She looked at Satori and asked, "Hey mind-reading youkai, how many thoughts do you think are inside her mind?"

"I don't know," Satori answered, "But, I'm certain it's more than five people."

"They aren't listening to me at all…" Amelia grumbled.

"Then so, that means Amelia has 'living desires' within her!" declared Miko, waving her cape as if proud of her discovery.

 


Joe is…

With the help of Satori Komeiji's mind-reading abilities, the hermit Miko found out about the souls from Ohio; she referred to them as "living desires." Miko heard the desires of each soul, which, unfortunately, were incomprehensible for her as well as for Amelia. She heard something about "going to McDonalds with Lisa to eat French fries with her," and another desire was about "making a hydrogen bomb at home and then nuking my neighbour's house with it."

What got her attention was the murderous intent towards Flandre, and that particular desire was from a soul named "Joe," the name that everyone suddenly knew about.

Amelia confirmed, "Yeah, I know that man, Joe. I've been feeling his desire since I first saw Flandre."

Miko advised, "You're dangerous, but you're still weak compared to a vampire like her. You should avoid her."

"But, it's not just killing her that I feel," Amelia placed her hand on her chest, "I feel like I love that child."

Satori raised her eyebrows and said, "That name, 'Ethan,' my third eye always sees that name whenever we talk about Flandre. I think he's connected to this matter."

Miko began to think out loud, mumbling, "There's too many desires for me to hear them all, but I think Ethan does have a connection with Amelia's weird fondness towards Flan-chan…"

Amelia let out a long sigh and asked, "Everyone, I will tell you Ethan's story. Is that alright?"

 


Danmaku Show

A malicious woman dressed in dark robes confronted Reimu in the Human Village, it was still night-time yet she shouted, "It's been a while, shrine maiden! Let's play with bullets, cease my boredom!"

"Why in the world is Junko here? Oh, maybe she thought her son was one of the kids playing over there," Remilia uttered in a mocking tone, smiling at the woman without remorse.

Reimu sighed, "I know you're buying me time Remilia, but that's just too harsh."

"Is it?" Remilia giggled, "Shoo Reimu, you gotta find that shikigami before sunrise."

"Alright," Reimu nodded, casting a spell to protect the nearby bystanders just in case.

The woman, Junko, tilted her head and made an insult, "Your words are rubbish as always, overrated vampire loli." Then, she levitated into the air with spheres of light surrounding her, forming a complicated pattern that seemed impossible to dodge.

Remilia began spreading her bat wings, still with her elegant composure, "Let's have a fun night, Junko."

Afterwards, Reimu calmly interviewed the residents living in the village, asking them questions about Ran Yakumo despite the tense fight happening in the sky. Yuyuko Saigyouji, the mansion guest who had complained about the lack of food at the gathering, was helping with the search. Despite their difference in status, her servant "Youmu Konpaku" was the one keeping her well-behaved. The group soon found out about the tofu shop where a regular customer fitted Ran's description, but, of course, she only appears during the day.

Youmu looked up to the sky with wonder as the bullets lit up the dark night, "So, how do we stop those two…?"

"It's a duel, we shouldn't just butt in," Reimu implied.

During the interview, they were given three bowls of soup by the owner of the tofu shop, a generous old man who had known Ran Yakumo. Since Yuyuko had no dignity, she immediately filled her mouth with soup, unaware that her gluttonous side was on display.

Reimu laughed, "So this is the head of the Netherworld who governs the dead."

"Aw, c'me on, Yuyuko-sama!" Youmu pouted, embarrassed by her master, "At least show some grace in front of the shrine maiden!"

However, Yuyuko ignored her, making inaudible sounds while finishing her bowl, "Tashty! I wawnt m're!"

5