Chapter 6: Only In Ohio – McDonald’s In Gensokyo
67 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Starting A Fast-food Restaurant

With the help of the mansion's head maid, Sakuya Izayoi, and generous funding from the hermit, Miko Toyosatomimi, the rip-off McDonald's was created. It was a fast-food restaurant constructed somewhere in the Human Village, a place that was recommended by the daughter of a merchant, Marisa Kirisame. Due to her committing burglary in the mansion that caused Lady Patchouli to have a heart attack and has been in a coma ever since, Marisa was punished by the Yama with the task of helping to develop the restaurant with her knowledge in business.

Marisa happened to be a magician, although it was obvious since she wore clothes that resembled a witch. She was recognised by Ethan's memories as the first person he met in Gensokyo, the nameless magician who helped him when he was still a ghost.

Marisa rubbed her face on a wooden table and let out a tired sigh, "Why are we making this again?"

"It's an experiment," Miko answered, "To fulfil the desires of each soul within Amelia."

"Just where are you, Reimu…?" Marisa mumbled, daydreaming about her friend.

"Everyone! A customer is coming in!" Amelia announced, preparing herself at the front desk.

Their first customer happened to be a senile old man. He pointed at the menu and asked, "How much for that bread?"

Apparently, the old man was their only customer for that day. "Hey, Marisa!" Miko yelled, pinching Marisa's ear, "What happened to your business tactics?!"

"It's only the first day!" Marisa yelled back, and then she avoided the topic, "How about your fetish? Is it fulfilled yet?!"

Miko's fluffy ears shook in surprise before she turned mad again, "It's not a fetish it's a desire, and it's not even mine!"

"So what are you guys gonna do next, ze? Start a grocery store?"

"No, we will build a hydrogen bomb."

Amelia spat her drink as she shouted from the front desk, "It's not that, not that! Surely, that guy has another simpler desire!"

Miko rubbed her chin, "Yeah, it's not like humans only wish for one thing."

The next day arrived and all of a sudden, the fast-food restaurant was bustling with customers. Although Amelia and Marisa were the only staff members, they were happy about the restaurant's success. The people of the village loved their strange foreign food, thanks to their first customer, the senile old man, who happened to be the head of the village; he praised their odd food as if it was the peak of human creation.

While Amelia was handing a plate of spaghetti to a customer at the restaurant, she felt a sudden change in her heartbeat. The sight of a rip-off McDonald's filled with life seemed to have woken up a soul inside her, words from that soul entered her mind, "Thank you, I can now rest in peace."

"Hey miss, is there something wrong?" the customer in front of her asked.

"Oh, nothing!" she reassured the customer before serving him his food.

 


Average Day In Gensokyo

As the restaurant closed for the night, Marisa was more than happy to leave. However, the hermit Miko forced her to stay and help with the cleaning. Amelia took the chance and told them, "Everyone, thank you for helping me!

Marisa asked, "Oh, was the fetish fulfilled?"

"It seems," Amelia chuckled.

Miko sighed in relief and she smiled, "My guess was right. After all, that soul's fetish could be fulfilled."

"So what's the next fetish?" Marisa asked.

Miko rubbed her chin in deep thought, "The three of them seemed impossible to fulfil. Lisa isn't here to eat French fries with, we can't kill Flandre, and we don't know what a hydrogen bomb is."

"Let's leave it for tomorrow!" Marisa gave a thumbs up before sneaking out of the dining room.

"Hey, you!" Miko tugged her skirt, keeping her from escaping, "You still haven't done the dishes yet!"

Amelia approached them both and asked to take care of the chores, trying to save the poor Marisa, "Miss Miko, I will—"

While Miko was grappling Marisa, a bottle of strange mixture accidentally dropped on the ground. Marisa shoved Miko away and screamed in desperation, "No! My expensive elixir!" Then, the mixture scattered on the ground and spilled over Amelia's garments. Marisa, trying to save the elixir, failed terribly and fell on top of Amelia instead, making the situation even worse. As she lay there on the floor, Amelia couldn't help but feel flustered. After all, she's a rubber doll without the ability to sense the feeling of being pinned to the ground.

"S-sorry…" Marisa apologised, being embarrassed as well.

The door opened and Flan-chan appeared out of nowhere. "Heya, I'm here! Miss… Amelia…" Her tone went from cheerful to confused, and then her eyes were covered by her overprotective maid, Sakuya Izayoi, who yelled, "This isn't something a child should see!"

"No, we're not…" Marisa tried to clear the confusion but another guest came in, from the window. It was Reimu, holding Ran Yakumo's limp body in her arms as if she was used to carrying corpses, and then she quietly placed it in the kitchen.

Marisa stood up and called, "Reimu! It's not like—" When she found herself stepping on the wet floor, she tumbled once again, and this time she fell over Miko, sending them to the ground in an awkward position.

Byakuren Hijirin, a saintess monk, entered the main entrance and looked down at Miko. Then, she left the room, turning away from the screams of Miko, who said to her, "Hey, don't look at me that way Byakuren! Come back and fight me!"

5