Chapter 3
59 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"what do you think about enrolling in the Yarv Academy?" One day Scott asked at the dinner table.

"Hmm . In regards to knowledge don't you think I've reached the pinnacle of this world? Do I really need formal education? They don't even issue certificates."Edno voiced his doubts curiously, only for...

"*Spwatt* " Scott spat out the tea he had sipped during his moment of silence. He had this incredulous expression plastered across his face.

"Pinnacle?(mocking laughter) then I'm a major god! " Scott exclaimed seething with obvious sarcasm.

Edno was taken aback

"Speak clearly 'father'" Edno stressed on the word to demonstrate his displeasure at indirect speaking.

"This world is a dozen times more complicated than you afford it credit for. Speak less of 'the world order ' epoch that is coming to it's end , this era has a vast array of ingenuity! Mechanical Alchemists who design whole cities . Potioneering Alchemist who can make ordinary humans attain immortality. Bioengineering Alchemist who can create beasts using nothing but human flesh and blood. Sentient Automatons . And the Magics of the wizarding continent. What pinnacle? You could as well be lower than a rat in this world if u do not rely on your previous life's achievement."

"WHAT?!" Edno was shocked . How could he not be?!. He had read the latest inventions kept up with latest releases and gone through the history of the Kingdom of Romain. But he had not gleaned anything of the sort!.

"Hahaha , that's right in your own words , this kingdom, no this entire continent might as well be a cultural reserve third world.

This information came as a shocker for Edno who thought he had uncovered every thing about tech in this reality. 

" And your power is absolutely useless in the places in the development. Because the currency is not made of metal, but are mana stones/ magic crystals, a resource that can absolutely not be forged."

Then he received his second blow

"Even to buy food?"

"Especially to buy food!"

"And you must have realized that I've never consumed a magic potion right?"

Edno was confused as to why this was coming up now, was it relevant to the conversation in anyway?"

"Yes, and?"

Scott gave a sinister smirk.

" We minor gods can actually not use magic."

Edno gave him a side eye. 

"You've said this before".

Scott looked right into his eyes and said.

"You can say that every person has the ability to host magic in their bodies, but not us minor gods. No rather I should say we are allergic to magic .u can drink a potion, but magic potions will harm you and you might suffer without death for days weeks or months."

" The magic will distort your body to the point where you'd even wish for death but it will never come .we can use magic items, but we can't consume magic potions."

Edno did not understand why this was the case ? Was this the price they had to pay for immortality?

" So what about Yarv? The Academy as you said is located in a backwater cultural reserve. Won't going to the true heart of this worlds civilization be the right answer?"

"It would have been , but sadly in this time period that isn't the case . The Demon god will descend,__"

But before he could continue Edno interrupted.

"WHAT??!"

"Don't interrupt me ... As I said the demon god will descend upon the middle earth and before then his dark Apostles would use any and every opportunity to infiltrate the ranks of prominent institutions , and eliminate those with potential and the blessing of the world . In order to be in the clear it is better to use their local channels such as the Adventures guild , the merchants guild or even the Academies on the continent."

" I understand all that , but WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME ABOUT THE APOCALYPSE!

3