Chapter 4
58 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don't overreact . Even if this Era burns down to the ground you and I will still be alive , and it's not like you have friends to be worried for "

Scott said it as a fact ,. But that hit Edno real hard.

Ever since he had come to this world one of his regrets was his inability to make friends his age. this of course was due to many reasons , one being his mental development was leagues ahead of the conventional youth. Once one lived past (100)a hundred , the mind begun to change in inexplicable ways.

"Ah," Edno had no way to reply to that.

"Speaking of which I have to leave Romain " Scott put down his now empty porcelain tea cup and locked very serious.

" Hmm? are you leaving on a business trip?" Edno asked . He had lived his 15 years not once seeing Scott leave the imperial capital.

"You might not be aware, but I have stayed here for 40 years , if I stay any longer people are going to realize that I'm not aging, and they will begin to do unnecessary things."

"What about me? You speak of Yarv, and now about departing, am I not leaving with you?"

" No , you will not. Generally speaking you are an adult by the laws of the land. Not to mention, if what you tell me is true, you are my equal in terms of age and experience, I doubt much can stand in your way."

Edno Mon Hogt, formally known as Frimpong Acheampong master Shipwright and prominent member of the United Fleet Federation. He was already past his 400 human years of age and could be considered a fossil.

In the interstellar age of his previous reality, various life extension methods popped up once in a while. an ordinary federation citizen's life expectancy was in their 150's.

That of the special personnel was 200 years of life. But that of the members of the board council was 600 years of age.

"So you are abandoning me" Edno asked quite plainly, and received an equally straight answer.

"Precisely"

" How will I find you then?"

"When the world ends the number of living beings will reduce drastically, I'm sure we'll run into each other then"

" Why are you Soo, pessimistic about this era's chance of survival?" Edno asked out of pure curiosity.

" You see after the Skyfall incident, the age of the world order has slowly but quickly declined. And negativity resurged taking hold over the hearts of man and beast of all races."

" What does that have to do with the world's chance of survival?"

Edno felt that Scott was getting to something, but he did not believe his simple deducted conclusion was the answer.

" Don't play coy with me , it should be cliche."

" The Demon god gains strength through the saturation of the negative emotions originating from mortals?"

"The Demon god is already terrifyingly powerful. He doesn't need it, but it does give him a significant boost."

" I see. Is the situation that hopeless?, Is there really nothing that can be done ?"

Edno asked very seriously, after all he was a fan of civilization and the technological progression that came with it.

" Well if anyone can get their hands on the great sage Augustine de Fledglinden's Demon god's anatomy research, there might be an optimistic chance of success, but that research log has been lost to time. It might be at the bottom of the deep sea, or even the isle of dragons no one really knows, there are just rumors."

Scott got up from the dinner table and moved away not the least bit worried about the future that might come to pass.

3