Suddenly having a new Wife and Daughter
1.2k 8 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stared at my reflection for quite a long time. But as much as I tried, everything was too real to be a dream. According to the novels and comics Simran reads, I have been transmigrated.

And according to them, the main character often dies from overwork before transmigrating. And it is entirely possible that I died in my original world.

Afterall, I couldn't sleep well for a month because of stress, work, and playing Simran's games and reading her novels and comics.

I have to admit that I got too invested in them that I ignored my health. You can't blame me! In my childhood, most of the stories were so boring and tasteless. I was fond of only one or two stories that were available at my time.

Though I felt something wrong with the Otome games, having four of five boyfriends. Does Simran too want to have 4-5 boyfriends?

Kids these days are scary.

Anyway, it looks like I have died. 

I don't have to worry about Simran, as I have saved enough money and the insurance is enough for her to live her whole life as she pleases.

"*Sob sob*"

No! I am definitely not crying! If Simran will see me like this, she will call me 'Crybaby', 'loser' or whatnot.

But damn! I miss Simran so much! I want to see her again!

*Knock knock*

"Master. May I come in?"

Stop crying you crybaby! I can't let myself appear suspicions. I am sure that I remember this face in one of the games I played. So this must mean that I am in the nobles era, and it is a time where there are so many ways one can get killed.

Moreover, I seem to have no memories of the owner of the body.

I coughed once and said, "Come in."

"Master! The Duchess is making miraculous recovery! Her life is out of danger!"

"Lead the way!"

As the maid hurriedly walked, I followed her. I think I am the Duke here as the maid called me master, and I have a Duchess, which means a wife.

...I have no idea how to act around her. Since she is the body's owner's wife, she will immediately be able to tell that something is different and suspect me!

Suddenly, a wave of memories hit me like a gentle breeze, showing me the memories of the body. The marriage with the Duchess, the memories with her, her personality, and the relationship between the original and her.

Selena Leonhart, or previously, Selena Velovichhi. She is the princess of a neighbouring kingdom Velovichhi which is quite close to the territory of the Dukedom. She is known for her archery and magical tools creations, as she is incapable of using magic.

She met with the Duke in secret to have a contract magic, where she will sell the rights of the magical tools and give the Duke children, and in return he will marry her and make her the Duchess, so that she will be safe from the danger of the succession fights going on in her kingdom.

I got to know about the og Duke as well. He simply doesn't care about anything other than fighting monsters and doing paperwork, and doing his duties as a Duke.

The relationship between them is that of acquaintance, with both sides keeping their distance. Thank god! If they were close, I will feel very guilty about taking her husband's place and she will quickly catch me too.

It's not like I am not feeling guilty for taking over someone's body right now. But I will sort out my thoughts later at night. I can't let people become suspicious about me.

Finally, we reached the Duchess's room, and I saw a beautiful woman, maybe in her 20s sleeping peacefully. The doctor besides her bowed to me and I nodded.

Both of them left me alone in her room. As I sat beside her, more memories started flooding into my mind.

I started having flashes of most recent memories. And one thing I saw terrified me. The Duchess has just given birth yesterday.

I have a new daughter...

The mention of daughter made me depressed again. Simran...

How are you...? What should I do in this situation...?

Is there a way I can come back to you...?

49