Gathering Thoughts
992 7 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat on a chair, besides the sick beautiful woman who has just given birth a day ago. She is the most beautiful person I have ever witnessed. 

Duchess Selena Leonhart, the wife of the person who I have transmigrated as.

She is the first princess of the Velovicchi Kingdom, a neighbouring kingdom of West. Even though I say neighbouring, it is too far away from here, as this is the North.

She has been born unable to wield magic, but excels in management of territory and business.

She approached the Duke to propose a contract marriage where she will name her businesses to Duchy and provide a heir. And in return, the Duke will protect her from the succession war that has started in her kingdom and will provide her a comfortable life to her as the Duchess.

Though their relationship will remain purely business until both parties agree upon a change.

It is a good thing that the Duke and Duchess are distant, so she wouldn't be able to tell that I am not the same person, and I feel less uneasy about the situation.

I guess I will organise my thoughts a bit. Even though I have died, Simran will be able to live comfortably.

No, she will definitely face hardships...

But atleast from all the money I have saved and Life Insurance, she will not have to worry about the cost of living.

I am such a bad father...

I left her so early, so am I any different from her mother?

I don't care if she will hate me even more, but atleast, I hope she will be happy.

Don't cry! You can't be called a crybaby by Simran!

...

It looks like I have reincarnated as Duke Vincent Leonhart, the father of the villainess of an Otome game Simran has played.

The Villainess is Venetica Leonhart, the only daughter of the Duke and the Duchess. She was the Crown Princess of the Empire and fianceé of that scumbag Crown Prince. 

If he fell in love with another girl while having engaged, he should have broken off his engagement first before pursuing another girl, and provided proper compensation!

How did the game glorified cheating? And did Simran really enjoy such games?

First, the Prince doesn't breaks his engagement and openly cheats, putting Venetica in a precarious situation. Even though she didn't love him, who will not be displeased about it?

First, she confronted the scum about it, but he refused to listen to reason. Then she clearly explained the situation to the Heroine, about what her actions have been causing. But she was all about power of love and some bullshit.

So as a grown-up, she brought up about ending the engagement by herself to the Emperor along with her father. But as a father of scum, the Emperor was a bigger scum who didn't even understand what the problem was. Afterall, he has been living the life of debauchery with 3 wives and 5 concubines.

So, with nowhere to let out her frustration, obviously the Heroine became the target. The Duke didn't scolded her as long as she didn't kill the Heroine. As it was expected of the Heroine to suffer because of trying to steal what was not hers. And moreover, trying to steal from a Leonhart.

The Duke also used his power to frame the heroine's father, a count in his territory, of embezzlement and stripped him off his title, making the girl penniless.

I disagree with the Duke though. When he had enough power, he should have just started supporting some other prince and killed off the Heroine by framing her of trying to kill the Crown Princess in hopes of obtaining his position. Then forged some documents of her being a spy for some other kingdom which had hostile relationship with the Empire. 

Then made the news public that the Crown Prince is unfit for a Prince to easily fall in a honey trap and using that because of him his only daughter almost died, forcibly broken off the engagement, Emperor be damned!

Anyway, the Villainess would have easily been able to bully the Heroine until she learned her lesson after being reduced to a street-beggar, but that Church interfered. She awakened her so-called Light Magic and the table flipped.

She also sensed Venetica having Dark Magic, which lead to her standing to be left in dust. Duke had to disown his daughter so that he doesn't lose his Duchy.

Meanwhile, he had her mother's kingdom's King, her mother's brother adopt her for protecting her from the Empire which firmly believe in every bullshit the Church spouts.

Black is bad and Light is good?

That's pure racism!

What kind of game is this! 

Anyway, due to the lack of communication between father and daughter, she thinks that her father, abandoned her. She then becomes encited by a demon and ends up becoming Demon Queen. 

She kills everyone of her home Duchy in a fit of rage, even her father, and heads straight to the capital to freeze everyone to death. The heroine and her slaves fight back and kill her, and the heroine lives happily after that with her slaves.

Uggh! Simran, what kind of games have you been playing!

Wait!... The game didn't show her mother at all...

Did she...

46