Sim…ran…, is that you?
809 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Duchess seemed ready to kill me. Her black eyes staring at me emptily.


First of all, how did she know about Simran!?


I...think I have muttered about her in my sleep.


And somehow, now she thinks that I have an illegitimate daughter.


I have to clear that!


"Illegitimate daughter? No. That's our newborn daughter's name."


Sorry Simran. Dad have to use your name to save himself...


The Duchess eyes became lively again, but they turned suspicions in a second.


"Didn't we decide on the name Ventica? And Simran sounds foreign to me."


"Sigh. Duchess, I am sorry that I haven't told you yet, but there is a tradition in the Leonhart Dukedom. The heir has a separate name too decided by the head, whether it is father or mother at that time.


My secret name is Pratap, and I was thinking of giving Venetica the name of Simran. You must have heard me mumbling in my sleep."


It's a good thing that this Duke of North has a frozen face, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to lie so easily.


Thankfully, the Duchess believed it as well.


She immediately got up and hugged me.


Hugged me.


...


Simran_Papa.txt has stopped working Again.


"Oh my god! I am so relieved to hear that! Hey Vincent, let's go and see our little angel!"


I absently nodded and we went to see the baby. What is happening? The Duchess was not so lively in the memories. Oh well. Having children changes people.


I think that all the memories of the Duke have assimilated into me by now. Now I will have to make sure that I can fight like the Duke, as he is the one who take cares of the monsters. He even killed a dragon without breaking a sweat.


He IS called the Strongest Human afterall. 


While I was busy in my thoughts, we reached the room next door where the nanny was taking care of the baby with some maids.


Duchess happily took her daughter in arms and started cooing.


"Vincent! Isn't our angel the cutest!? Look at these cheeks! She has got our silver hair, but her face shape is more like you! I am so jealous!"


She is so tiny... Just like when Simran was born...


And when being carried in her beautiful mother's arms, she reminds me of the day Simran was born even more...


I smiled at the beautiful scene.


Then, my smile faltered. I am not yor husband and father of your baby. I have no right to be happy seeing the scene...


"What are you waiting for!? Hold her!"


"Alright."


As she gave the child to me, I started tearing up. I left Simran alone there...


And now I gave her name to another kid...


I am the worst!


I deserve to die!


"Pa~pa?"


.

.

.

.

.

.

.


"Duchess... I think I heard Venetica saying Papa."


"Huh? You too? No way! You are going delusional! She is just one day old!"


"My goodness! This old lady needs to see a doctor! I heard her saying that too!" Even the nanny heard the same...


We all looked at Venetica in my arms, she was staring straight at me, and gave me a blinding smile, but filled with tears.


"P~apa!"


Sim...ran..., is that you?

31