Crimson 16-18
136 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reina:

 

Days after the meeting with the lying man. Reina went to the class with all the other women, older children, and a few men to learn knife fighting from Ysmay.

 

Reina noticed the change in people. They hurried along when shopping and started preparing for the worse. In the middle of the day, you could hear pistol or rifle shots as groups of men and some women were being taught how to fire those new guns.

Reina even got into habit of calling Ysmay, mother and Carack, father. Even her extended family got their proper titles like Uncles and aunt.

 

Today, she hope was going to be a special day. Passing guards along the way she called them by name as she said hello. Taking the sloping road ever higher until she was under Lord Crimson's cave. Lately, after the mid day meal with the monks he settled back down in his cave for a short rest.

 

The pair of guards smiling when she started to climb the rocky side up to his cave.

“Knocked down some of the dragon's gold for us. ” One guard jested and Reina stuck out her tongue at him then climbed over the edge into the cave.

 

Somehow Lord Crimson snoring got a bit louder when she got closer. Putting her hands on her hip she grinned before speaking.

 

“I know your awake, silly. ” Reina said and Lord Crimson opened one eye to peak at her then kept on snoring.

 

“Come on, sleepy head. ” Reina said pushing at his limb which didn't budge a bit.

Lord Crimson rose up and yawned. Reina walked past the skull of the last Crimson who used to live in this cave. All his other bones had been grind into powder for the growing crops. The skull only remained to scare off people. Reina almost ran away herself the very first time she saw it.

 

“I have a very important question to ask you. ” Reina said with a seriousness her little voice could muster.

 

Lord Crimson tilted his head if to say go on.

 

“I have new a mother, father, brother, uncles and an aunt. Would you be my grand-dad? Since your going to live a very long time. ” Reina asked looking at Crimson with hope filled eyes.

 

Lord Crimson did a very human gestured when he put his three clawed hand on his chin if thinking about it.

 

Reina was about to explode with impatience when he finally nodded. Reina ran forward and hugged as much as she could of his neck. His three clawed hand behind her as he hug her back in his own way.

 

“I guess, my new cousins can have you as their grand-dad too. I just wanted to be first. ” Reina said proudly and sat down to talk about her day. Today was a no school day so she had time to waste with no home work.

 

Reina briefly went over what people were doing and how things were. Reina yawned and decided a good nap was in order. Curling against Grand-dad's warm body she went to sleep.

Sometime later, she awake and sensed someone else there. Looking around, she saw that Jade had come to visit. She could tell the way the dragons moved they were talking in their own special way.

 

“Good Afternoon, Jade. ” Reina said and she bowed a little out of respect. Reina had seen how the O'Marins treated this dragon. She was sort of a queen to them.

 

Jade tapped at the ground slower then normal, but Reina had learned a little bit. Some of it from Omara herself.

 

“It's okay, if I call you grand-ma then?” Reina asked working out most of what Jade had said.

Jade nodded and Reina smiled.

 

“When you two get married can I be one of the flower maidens? ” Reina asked eagerly.

Jade nodded again and tapped out more words and Reina smile grew wider then before.

 

“I will do as you ask. Tell them your getting married. I think Tomo and Luanda want to get married too. Maybe, we can do it at the same time. ” Reina said and both dragons nodded.

Reina said goodbye to each and climbed down from the edge. The guard below ready to catch her if she ever fell. Instead of going down the sloping road. Reina went up the road a little ways.

 

A small building could be seen just ahead with curved stone corners. Two massive doors were just in front of her that swung out in the middle. Covered in a pattern of dragon scales.

 

Green scales were used for the background and a red scales for the sun burst pattern. Just to the side of the doors were narrow windows that could be removed from the inside.

 

Reina pulled on the rope by the door and stepped back. Somewhere deep inside the mine entrance hall she faintly heard a bell ringing. The door cracked open wide as a hooded figure came into view. He left it opened enough for an adult to enter. He stepped back so Reina could enter inside or flee down the road.

 

“Is Brother Thomas here? ” Reina asked in a timid voice.

 

“In the gardens. ” The hooded figure answered in a rasping voice. Reina heard of this monk, Brother Burnt. Today, must have been his day off from the mines to come up to pray and spend time with the monks.

 

“Thank you. ” Reina said spotting his burned skin after looking at his right hand.

Reina moved past him making her footsteps a little louder so he knew she entered inside. She heard that he was blind and almost mute. Rumor had it his hearing was better then most.

 

Reina turned her head back once to see Brother Burnt moved to a bench and sit by the narrow window. The sunlight streaming in and he sat there bathing in the light of it. Reina climbed the steps to the top flat part of Stone Hill.

 

Men and women from the town moved around laying stones for future buildings. Mixed in were Monks directing or helping. The monks dorm building was the largest that was finished and most of the kitchen building as well. Two more wind wheels were being built to catch the wind. Somehow it made lightning that traveled through metal wires coated with tree sap. These would power light crystals so all the rooms could be lit in the darkest of nights. All you had to do was flip a switch to turn it on or off.

 

Currently the library was being built and hopefully one day in the future. It would be full of books on nearly every subject for study.

 

A large round stone table was in the center where most people had eaten their mid day meals. Rumor had it once the library had a roof. Lord Crimson was going to donate the dragon skull in his cave to be the table's center piece. As Reina looked at the low outer walls she noticed the stones were fused together. No doubt the work of Lord Crimson.

 

Reina found Brother Thomas working in one of the gardens. He was harvesting some of the crops that were transplanted from a field some time ago.

 

“Brother Thomas. ” Reina said a bit more loudly then normal. He was old and she was nervous. Reina wasn't sure about his hearing.

 

“How may I help you child? ” Brother Thomas asked. He always had a warm smile for those he talked too.

 

“Jade and Crimson want to get married. On this day, next week. I'm going to be one of the flower maidens. I was wondering, if I could be baptize before the wedding. I did some bad things before Lord Crimson found me. ” Reina said wanting to be baptize to wash away any past misdeeds.

 

“Would you like to do it here and now? I will have one of the brothers fetch me the baptizing bowl. ” Brother Thomas asked.

 

“Sure. ” Reina answered.

 

“Attention everyone. We are taking a short break. I have some very special news. ” Brother Thomas called out.

 

The monks went to attention and the workers stopped in their tasks to listen.

 

“Reina wishes to be baptized before Lord Crimson's wedding to Jade. The wedding due to take place on this day one week from now. ” Brother Thomas said in a booming voice that carried to all.

 

There were claps and cheers. Reina blushed a little and prepared herself to remove her outer clothes. Reina spent so long hiding her gender. She knew it would feel odd to strip down to her under clothing. Brother Thomas made a gesture to one young monk who ran off to fetch the baptizing bowl.

 

“How about we move over to the flower gardens? ” Brother Thomas offered and they walked a short way and Reina relaxed at the smell of the flowers. Mixed among the flowers were herb plants that were used to repel certain bugs.

 

The young monk returned with the bowl filled with clean water. By the time he carried it over. Reina had stripped down to her under clothes. She stood proud and unafraid.

Gently Brother Thomas moved her head back. Cupping the water with both hands he poured it out slowly over her head.

 

“Light Bringer, protect this soul and wash away any misdeeds. Help her forgive herself as you forgive all who accept you into their hearts. ” Brother Thomas said and Reina had closed her eyes and opened them feeling much better.

 

People clapped and then turned back to start working again. The level of chatter going up a notch as they discussed what the wedding was going to be like.

 

Air drying his hands, Brother Thomas then handed Reina her outer clothes back. She quickly put them back on feeling more clean then the longest bath that she ever had.

 

“Brother Thomas, there is something else that worries me. ” Reina said in a low voice as the bowl was emptied over the flowers. Then the bowl was taken away by the young monk.

Brother Thomas sat down so they could chat.

 

“Go on. ” Brother Thomas said gently.

 

“What if I have to kill someone during the fight? ” Reina asked a bit nervous.

 

“First and the greatest misdeed. Did you know it is written in the Light Bringer book that you can defend yourself? Even at the taking of a life to protect yourself or others. Girls are even allowed to do this if the misdeed of rape is upon them. These men are coming here to invade, harm and take what they did not rightfully earn. ” Brother Thomas said wisely.

 

“Old Madam told me about rape and give me advice to dress like a boy. I even cut my hair short so it was harder for anyone to grab it. She told me only the worse of men do such things to children. ” Reina said in a low voice.

 

“Yes, to hurt an innocent child like that is a terrible thing to do. It can damage the soul of a person for their entire life. Hopefully, you will be spared from the fighting. Most of the women and children will be up here with us. Even my fellow brothers will fight to protect the children as we defend our home. ” Brother Thomas said and Reina nodded in full understanding.

 

“I need to tell my family the good news about the wedding. Me being a flower maiden. ” Reina said next.

 

“Come back any time, child. ” Brother Thomas said and bid her farewell.

 

As Reina went down the stairs. She felt an odd breeze. Following it she noticed a crack in the mine wall hidden behind a stone pillar. Feeling the air flowing out she realized the crack must lead to Crimson's cave.

 

It was far too small for even a child to squeeze through. Maybe, if someone chipped away at the stone. A secret passage could be made. Reina made a mental note to tell Lord Crimson about this. If anything, it was a handy spot to hide inside.

 

As she walked the rest of the way down. Brother Burnt got up and opened the door for her. Reina thanked him and made the long walk down the road. Waving to each guard she passed.

Since most people took this day off from work. Reina found Luanda and Tomo at their home. Tomo doing his best to calm a crying baby in a back room.

 

Reina told them of the news and suggested they have their wedding on the same day. Luanda mention she wouldn't mind having it on top of Stone Hill. Reina told her about her own baptism in the flower garden. She described how wonderful it smelled being up there.

 

Reina went to her uncle and brother's wood working shop next and told them of the news.

 

Then over to Uncle Thorin's place where she stayed a while to sword play with Reynard. Her sword work slowly improving as they practiced against each other with weighted wooden blades.

 

Reina even went as far as Ashlee's house. So she could invite her to be one of the flower maidens as well for both of the weddings. As she walked back home she noticed a lot of the island people were practicing hand to hand fighting. Every once in while one person in the pair would used wooden knives or swords. The day's rifle practice with the newer rifles was long over.

 

By the time, Reina made it home. Her new mother, Ysmay already heard about the double wedding. Apparently, Luanda let it be known she would have her wedding on the same day.

The days to the wedding seemed to pass in a blur for Reina. For the sake of the wedding she let her hair grow out and picked out a dress.

 

Due to the limited space in the flower garden area on Stone hill. Only family and close friends were allowed for the wedding ceremony. Reina blushing at times when someone commented how beautiful she looked in a dress.

 

Lord Crimson and Jade were married first in the O'Marin tradition. A priestess spoke about the bond of love as a very large ribbon was tied around the dragon's wrists. A tight knot was made. Then the ribbon cut on each side of the knot.

 

“Let this knot be a symbol of your love in your hearts for each other. May it never be undone. ” The priestess said and slowly the dragons rose up. Omara picking up the knot to be hung in the royal household as a keepsake.

 

Then Brother Thomas came forward blessing the marriage. Due to the size of the claw fingers. It was decided ahead of time smaller gold rings would be placed on their horns instead like a set of simple circlets. Which was more in line with the tradition of a lord and lady when they wed.

 

The dragons flew off with Jade going first then Lord Crimson to follow after her. There were many hoots and lewd suggestions from the crowd. That Lord Crimson was going to have a night he wouldn't forget for a long time.

 

Below on the road those unable to get into the main wedding ceremony citizens lined the road. The clatter of wooden spoons on metal pots could be heard as the dragons flew into the cave. An older more country tradition for those newly wedded.

 

The O'marin people stayed for the second wedding. Reynard was the ring bearer for both weddings. Thorin also got the honor to take the place of Luanda's father.

 

Brother Thomas blessed their wedding and recited the vows for each of them to repeat.

 

Then the wedding rings were placed on the middle finger. The center finger chosen because it was the longest and center finger on the hand. Symbolizing a long life with that person and being the center of their world.

 

They kissed and then there was dancing. During the celebration the newly wedded couple slipped out.

 

The bride and groom walked down stairs then outside to a waiting wood covered wagon. Reina along with a few others followed them them clapping. Luanda then Tomo climbed into a wagon that was more like a house on wheels. They slowly rode away going down the sloping road. Banging pots and pans followed them. Reina guessed being inside the wagon the noise was greatly muffled.

 

Just as there are sunny happy days. There came a cloudy day for Reina. The lying man returned, Lord Frit. Reina was in her role as a voice in training. Some of the adults acted silly, but Reina knew all this was for show. Tomo and Luanda pretended they were slow to understand every word being spoken in common. Thorin acted more carefree and friendly.

 

Lord Crimson seemed to take directions from young Reynard like he was a puppet.

 

Lord Frit presented a peace contract that basically would enslave everyone in the town to the king's whims. Thorin looked over it taking longer then normal and using a pen crossed out much of the words. On another paper he wrote new terms to be agreed on.

 

Reina held back a giggle at the face Lord Frit made when he read over the new terms. Lately, she could read people's expressions better then most. That minor pursing of the lips and the way his eyes narrowed just a tiny bit.

 

“I be sure to send this to the king. Sooner or later, we will find a middle ground. ” Lord Frit said putting on that fake smile of his.

 

“Ah, Lord Frit. I got a cousin who told me that the Angmar army is gathering along the border just North of us. Has the Kingdom of Rin declared war? As a blacksmith, I be mighty interested in knowing. Good profit to be made for my improved black powder rifles. The work has been dreadfully slow lately. ” Thorin asked sounding truly interested for once.

 

“No, good blacksmith. Just some military exercises. You know moving the troops around just in case the Kingdom of Rin ever attacks us. ” Lord Frit said and Reina really wish she could knock that smirk off his face.

 

“Oh well, Hinges and nails for me then. ” Thorin said making it sound like he was truly disappointed in the news. Reina could just barely tell he was play acting. Years of being a performer on the road made it extremely hard to know when he was untruthful.

 

“We have increased the number of ships patrolling the coastline too. Due to pirates in the area. Maybe, some navy men will stop by one day once peace can be established. ” Lord Frit said pretending to cheer up Thorin.

 

“I look forward to the day. ” Thorin said taking a deep drink from his cup and pounding his chest with a fist. He burped and didn't excuse himself. Coming off a bit crude in his manners.

 

Lord Frit bid them farewell and this time his men were counted as they arrived and when they left.

 

Reina went with Reynard on Lord Crimson's back as he escorted them out of the city.

 

Reynard tapping and kicking his legs for turns if Lord Crimson didn't know the way.

 

Once she was sure Lord Frit's back was fully turned. Reina stuck her tongue out at him and made a face at his back.

 

Reynard giggled a little, but it didn't carry very far.

 


 

Crimson:

 

Over my shoulder, I heard Reynard giggling a little and turned my head back to see Reina making a funny face at Lord Frit. Honestly, I felt the same way about the man. He was a poisonous snake in the grass just waiting to strike.

 

Hopefully, any spies sent in to poke around only noticed a bit more rifle fire then normal. It would be hard for any spy to nose around in the former slave part of town without being noticed.

 

After dropping the kids back off at their homes. I flew back out side the walls to finish digging. We let it be known to all traders that the trench was for redirecting water. The next rainy season was ages away. Every stranger who saw the wooden spikes that were setup along the jungle edge would assume we used them to keep tigers away from the workers.

 

Tomo's people made fire pits as traps, but during the work day they used them to cook food over so everything looked normal from an outsider's point of view.

 

Since I started living in Biville and did my own personal business in the thick jungle. I noticed that not a single tiger had been seen in the area. I guessed the predator animals thought I marked my territory and they stayed away. If only hostile people could have been the same way.

 

Thinking back, All that I really wanted was to be left in peace and make some human friends. Instead, I became a Lord of a Town and the land around it. Slowly advancing their level of technology then I got married. While pissing off a king to the far North.

 

Days of digging and a few nights with Jade filled in my time. Soon after, the first horseless wagon made it's first trip from Biville to Dragon's Mouth without a hitch. Then a new type of magic crystal was created. The rainbow crystal put on a good colorful light show, but turned out to be completely useless for combat or daily use. From there other crystal combinations had failed. It was quickly learned through a lot of failures that only basic crystals could be used in pairs. Any advanced crystal would shatter if they went through the catalyst process again.

 

What shocked me the most was the sheer number of repeating pistols and repeating rifles that we now had on hand to give out. The dwarfs had been very busy and so were the few humans who helped.

 

Tomo and his people finished the signal bonfires and Jade had her forces ready to go any day now. Her people focused on making extra cannon balls for us while we shipped them repeating guns with ammo in exchange.

 

Then the dreaded day came when all of Thorin's scouts came into town. Two whole battalions were heading our way. Coming from the North and South in a few days time.

Jade's look outs had reported a fleet of navy ships attempting to hide up North along the coast.

 

That same night, I thought a rainstorm was coming. Thunder like sounds were coming from the direction of Dragon's Mouth. The booming noises didn't stop. With just hours away from dawn. A O'marin runner came on horseback to drop off a report.

 

Dragon's Mouth came under attack in the middle of the night. The Angmar navy fleet had sailed right into the cove trap. First wave of ships were allowed into the cove, but the second wave were caught in the crossfire from the O'Marin ships in waiting.

The cove's mouth was now blocked by wrecked ships.

 

Just as the first wave turned to fight. Cannon fire rained down on them from the cliff side and dock warehouses. Two thirds of the Angmar fleet of ships were lost in minutes.

 

Jade herself flew behind the third wave of ships that were holding back as a reserve force. She burned them all down to the water line. I grew concern when the runner reported that Mother Jade was injured when one ship exploded damaging her wing.

 

Jade then managed to land on one of the wrecked ships. She was rescued later by the O'Marin people. Regrettable, the runner reported they were fighting on land now from two sides as survivors attempted a ground assault using the jungle as cover. Jade herself would be unable to come to our aid for a week.

 

The days passed as the story of the battle at Dragon's Mouth spread. Children and women who didn't volunteer to be soldiers were being evacuated to the top of Stone Hill.

 

Preparations were already in place for a last stand if the King's forces broke through the town.

 

What worried me most was one of Thorin's scouts reported of a weapon called a Slinger. These were basically giant crossbows used for breaking gates down. The scout reported seeing six of them. I had a feeling these weapons were for me.

 

I found Reynard then told Thorin my plan to attack the marching armies due to meet up from the North and South. The entire family was there as they were preparing to leave their home.

 

By flying in a wide loop. I would come up behind both of the armies and fire blast both armies before they have a chance to get the slingers ready.

 

“Take Reynard with you. It's with a heavy heart that I'm sending my son into danger. Let's face the truth. When these armies get here. All of us will be in the fire then. ” Thorin said looking at me then down at his son.

 

“I will have my shield strapped to my back and I got my dragon armor. ” Reynard said to his father and gave him a hug.

 

Thea give him a kiss on his forehead and his sisters hugged him tightly. Reynard put on his dwarf made helmet and assured them he would return.

 

“I know you will look after my boy. ” Thorin said to me and I nodded.

 

Reynard climbed on my back and with is father's help used some very long leather straps to secure himself. It was an idea, I should have thought up earlier. Later, when we had the time and if we live through all of this. I would have a saddle made just for such events like this.

We took off and did a circle around the town once so everyone saw me. I flew off then and went over what seemed like an endless jungle.

 

We had to go pretty high to avoid being spotted from below. Reynard was excited by being this high in the air and looking at everything around him in wonder. Just when, I figured Reynard was getting bored. I spotted the road.

 

I used my dragon eye sight to see the army marching down it. Appearing to be moving slow. As luck would have it, I also saw two of the Slingers being pulled by horses. Currently, they were facing the wrong direction to do me any harm and no one was near the controls.

I let out a little roar to let Reynard know I was about to dive down. I felt him kick me once and maybe a yell. It was hard to tell with the wind blowing past us.

 

Swooping down I flew just above the trees. I already decided to spread my fire straight up the middle. One long continuous burst that would leave more wounded then dead.

The marching men toward the back never saw me.

 

Fire erupted right up the middle of the marching army.

 

Horses bolted and men screamed as they died. Armor melted and clothing caught on fire in a flash. Those on fire were rolling on the ground or needing help from others to pull off their burning clothes. Others fled for the trees taking cover.

 

I heard a series of pops as I climbed up into the air. A few lucky shots hit my wings and I was flinching a little as I felt the sting of the bullets go through my leather like wings.

 

Once I was high enough. I banked to resume my long looping flight. What pleased me the most. Two of the slingers were in ruins now. Hundreds of men either dead or wounded.

 

The southern Angmar army from Port's Mouth didn't fair any better. Perhaps it was good news, I didn't see any more Slingers when I made my attack run. These men would have came by ships over time.

 

When I returned to land on the top of Stone Hill. There was a great cheer from those waiting just outside of the buildings.

 

Much to my surprise the people not assigned to fight and some of the monks were working on buildings. Brother Thomas noticed me watching the workers. He came over to help young Reynard unstrap himself.

 

“Good to see you return, Lord Crimson. You noticed the people working. Helps keep their mind off what is coming. You see that we are only doing wood working. All large stones are being moved to the edge of the walls. We will hurl them down upon those aiming to do us harm. ” Brother Thomas said and I looked to see stacks upon stacks of stones in neat pyramids. Helm or no helm those were going to crush skulls and break bones.

 

I also noticed the numerous crates a rifles and ammo already opened. I overheard a few men talking about the cannons they had setup in the entrance hall that was part of the upper mine. Any army marching up the sloping road will have to pay for every step they take to reach those double doors.

 

Below, barricades of overturn wagons and furniture were being put into place as each street emptied out of citizens. Pretty soon, only the defenders of the town would be left.

 

Each defender was armed with the repeating rifle and a pistol. Those without rifles had crossbows. Isabel was the first to see Reynard was back. Her only armor was a breast plate and set of arm bracers that held her magic crystals. The basic ones and the more advanced ones.

 

Her students were getting a lessons on the more advanced magic stones.

 

Thorin arrived wearing his own breast plate and a wooden shield. A set of repeating pistols on each hip and even a spiked hammer where most people put a dagger. He had Reynard's sword in his hand.

 

Reynard ran to his father and accepted the sword to buckle on. He told his father how the attacks went.

 

“You have been assigned to guard the Northern hallway with some of the men. Go see your mother before you take your post. ” Thorin said and Reynard nodded.

 

“So they are less then a few hours away now. I expect they will wait then attack in the night. They are going to be mighty surprise to see no third army at our back door. ” Thorin said with a grin as he walked up to me.

 

I shuttered to think of over a thousand men drowning while their ships were being blasted by cannons. O'Marins didn't have room to take prisoners or the food to spare to feed them. Seeing what had happen to the Island People. They didn't plan on being next in line for that kind of treatment.

 

“I see that killing bothers you, Lord Crimson. Take heart, you are defending your home, friends, and family. We didn't invade their lands or threaten their loved ones. ” Brother Thomas said firmly and I nodded.

 

The double fire breathing attacks on the marching armies had taken a lot of my strength. I left Brother Thomas's company to find an empty spot on the grounds to sleep.

 

I slept well past noon and only the smell of dinner cooking awoke me. I also heard a monk coming my way. The swishing of his robe was my first hint. I opened my eyes a little to see a monk I knew fairly well, Brother Tad. He was set to be the next head monk when Brother Thomas passed on.

 

“Lord Crimson, Dinner is ready. ” Brother Tad said in a low voice if a bit fearful in speaking in a normal tone.

 

I rose up and nodded my head to let him know that I heard him. Brother Tad was still learning the hand sign language.

 

The meal before everyone was incredible. Food lined one set of long tables and each person grabbed a plate then picked what they wanted.

 

They take a seat at a nearby table or along one of the low walls. Meats, stews, and sweets of all kinds were laid out. People happily chatted with friends or family. Some people delayed in getting some food to play music for the enjoyment of others.

 

I had a table all to myself at first. I took the space at the end and finished off entire chickens and drained large cooking pots dry.

 

“Here, I thought that. I was the only person who could eat like that. ” Mr. Bane's voice said and next to him was Mrs. Bane armed with her set of daggers.

 

Following behind him must have been every stray dog that Biville had. Clearly, Mr. Bane was their pack leader.

 

Ashlee eating with the other children with only a single wolfhound mongrel by her feet.

 

“A small favor to ask of you, Lord Crimson. We have decided to stay and fight. If we don't return from the fight. We want you to be her guardian. ” Mr. Bane said.

 

“Thorin and Thea has already agreed to be her new adopted parents. If the worse happens. ” Mrs. Bane said quietly and looked nervous addressing me.

 

I could see their point in asking me for such a favor. Ashlee looked like half of a monster and some people would judge her solely on her appearance. I looked like a dragon yet proven to most to be almost human.

 

I nodded and watched as their faces relaxed.

 

“Bless you. ” Mrs. Bane said and Mr. Bane bowed before leaving to talk to his daughter one more time.

 

Tomo and some of his newest warriors came to see me next.

 

A lot of his people wearing a necklace with a pendent depicting a dragon with a sunburst pattern behind it. Many of the island people were strong believers that the Light Bringer himself had sent me to help them protect their freedom.

 

“Lord Crimson, These fine warriors only wished to see you before the fight. ” Tomo said and I looked at each man and woman. Each one stared back at me with a fierce look they would fight hard.

 

Slowly I nodded to show that I approved.

 

“For the dragon. For our home. For our families and freedom. ” Tomo called out and they cheered.

 

Far away, we heard bells being rung. Then, people went into action. Dinner was mostly over because the plates were empty now. With calm, but hurried movements defenders went to their posts. Children were hurried away by women. Monks collected plates and directed those who looked lost on where to go.

 

I walked to the edge and looked down on the town. Thanks to my eye sight. I could see men and women moving into positions. The town being ready for a fight. I looked toward the road and there I could just barely see them. Angmar's army coming into view.

 

I saw banners and what looked like Lord Frit toward the front. I just bet he had a smug look on his face. The sheer size of the army behind him was impressive. Out of the back gates I saw the runners on horseback leaving. They would lit the bonfires on the way. Hopefully, the smoke or runners themselves would soon be seen in Dragon's Mouth.

 

I couldn't hear what was being said at the front gates from way up here. Pretty soon, others joined me to look down at the army.

 

“We are in the fire now. ” Thorin said and put on a grim look as he study the number of troops far below.

 

There was a boom sound. The knights and riflemen just to the right of Lord Frit went flying into the air. Even from where we were. We all heard the first rounds of rifle fire being unloaded.

 

Angmar soldiers and those on horses fell as they were hit. Those with shields attempted to block the shots. Maybe, that would have worked for round bullets, but everyone had the new pointed style which pierced through armor.

 

The enemy army scattered and those around me cheered.

 

“Alright, we bloody their nose. To your posts. ” Thorin ordered in his booming performance voice and everyone scrambled to obey.

 

Angmar's riflemen fired back and more cannon fire came from the town. The enemy army attempted to out flank the cannon fire by moving to the North and South through the open fields.

 

It didn't take them long to discovered the many pit falls with spikes. Many of the enemy soldiers then fell into the main trench. The oil jug booby trap was triggered causing the trench to catch on fire.

 

Only thanks to my dragon hearing that I heard them screaming as they burned. Those who slowed down were shot or wounded as they retreated back.

 

The smarter Angmar soldiers took to the jungle where there were fewer traps, but more cover to hide in. It didn't take long for the back part of town to come under attack next. Tomo had left with his warriors. By the time, Tomo's warriors got down to the town. The first wave of attackers had been repelled.

 

There were hundreds of dead or wounded enemy soldiers that we saw from Stone Hill. It was clear they weren't expecting us to be so well armed. It didn't take long for Angmar's army to fall back to a safe distance and hold up there.

 

Angmar soldiers went to work digging out trenches of their own or taking advantage of the draining ditches that we used for crops.

 

I thought about flying over head until I noticed what was being setup below. Slingers and they were being placed at all four major points of the compass. If I flew down now. I would expose myself to at least two of them at a time.

 

“Rest easy until nightfall. ” Thorin said and turned away from the low wall.

 

“I will get the extra light stones ready. We will be a shining beacon in the night. ” Brother Thomas said and went to fetch the light stones himself.

 

For the rest of the evening. There were shots from time to time as town defenders on the wall as they traded fire with enemy soldiers in trenches.

 

What surprise me was the lack of cannons. Perhaps the men of Angmar were counting on their navy being here with the cannons by now.

 

As night fell, Brother Thomas gathered his monks to sing. The gardens and nearly every window glowed with light stones now.

 

I took this time to fly straight up and get an eagle eye view of everything. The time waiting for nightfall gave me time to think. A good idea occurred to me. It meant leaving my friends temporary, but I felt my special mission needed to be done.

 

I flew to Port's Mouth under the cover of darkness. My flight took me around the far end. Far out to the sea over waves to avoid being spotted.

 

I saw my targets tied up at the docks. Angmar's ships judging from the flags flying in the night breeze. These ships had cannons on them for the smell of gunpowder was very strong. By the look of things they had taken over the piers for all of their ships.

 

I couldn't risk them getting any of these cannons in place around Biville or sailing to Dragon's Mouth. I went with using one long blast of fire. The ships were so close together. The ones I missed would catch on fire from the ones that I did managed to hit.

 

I also imagined there were food supplies or other needed things for a siege on board those ships. By the time bells in Port's Mouth were being rung in alarm.

 

Nearly, all of the navy ships in Port's Mouth were on fire. The piers in flames and most of the town's folks had awoken to an inferno on the water.

 

I headed back after hovering over my handy work. I roared as I left so there was no doubt in anyone's mind what had happened.

 

My actions would cut off their supply line and destroy anything on board those ships.

When I returned to Stone Hill. I discovered things had taken a turn for the worse. During my absence. The Bloody Bastards had arrived and they had broken through the back walls. Every other house was on fire where the Island People lived.

 

Our back wall defenders fallen back into the town to fight. There were wounded people lying in the library area being tended too by healers.

 

When I landed from directly above, Brother Thomas was there to greet me.

 

“Many misdeeds this night. Don't feel guilty for not being here. There was nothing you could have done. ” Brother Thomas said seeing my concern and watching my sign language as I asked questions then explained where I was.

 

“I think you did the right thing taking out those cannons. They would have sent for them sooner or later. ” Brother Thomas said thinking about it

 

“Soldiers on the road. Close the main doors. ” A lookout called out and I looked down over the edge.

 

A good number of Angmar soldiers were marching up the sloping road now they invaded the town. Clearly dividing their forces. The dwarfs must have fallen back into the lower mines and closed their doors from the invaders.

 

I hand sign to Brother Thomas and he nodded.

 

“Lord Crimson says to hold fire until his signal. Spread the word. ” Brother Thomas yelled and shocking most people to hear the soft spoken man being so loud.

 

I flew up once more and knew what had to be done. It would wear me out, but there was no choice. I flew in circles staying well above Stone Hill and out of sight.

 

I waited until the marching soldiers were nearly at the upper mine. I came down circling Stone Hill and breathe fire on those enemies marching up the road.

 

Most of the Bloody Bastards on fire fell from the road onto those below still marching upward. Burning bodies and hot metal armor rained down on those below still making their way up. This caused a cascading effect nearly all the way down.

 

I was feeling pretty good with myself until I heard the snap of Slingers. I twisted in midair trying to dodge the incoming bolts and pain exploded in my shoulder as I climbed upward.

I did a mid air flip then righted myself to land on the far side of Stone Hill. I clawed my way up to the top.

 

I made it to a clear spot not to far away from the future library was going to be.

 

Breathing hard the last thing I saw was Isabel and the Head Healer Helka coming my way. Then I passed out.

 


 

Reina:

 

Reina had managed to slip away from the other children when the bells started ringing. Dressed as a boy and wearing a small helmet she found. Most mistaken her for a boy runner.

Reina was busy fetching bullets in small crates or delivering a message.

 

She just happen to be in the entrance hall peeking out a narrow window as Lord Crimson made his pass around the mountain. Reina had to keep her face away from Ysmay who came down the stairs from the top of Stone Hill.

 

“He is burning them off the mountain. By the Light Bringer, he must have taken out at least half of a garrison. ” One of the town's defenders said from his lookout post on the roof.

 

“I truly wish that was so. ” Another man muttered relaxing his grip on his rifle.

 

“These doors are our choke point. We get the other half sorted out. ” Ysmay said fingering her pistols.

 

“Blades at the ready just in case they get in here. They will try again. ” Ysmay said and men double check to insure they had a blade ready. Most of Ysmay's small group were armed with swords at their sides.

 

Those who knew Ysmay could see the worry on her face for her husband Carack. Who was leading a group of defenders in the town below. Reina double checked her brand new knives that Ysmay had given her.

 

If the bad men got inside she was to use the knives to wound or kill as many as she could. A lot of time passed before the look out spoke again.

 

“Here they come!” The look out shouted.

 

Then the cannons and riflemen fired.

 

Reina jumped back as the men needed the space to shoot.

 

“Runners to the top of the stairs. ” Ysmay ordered needing the young ones out of the way.

 

Reina made sure she was last going up the stairs and ducked behind a pillar into a hiding spot she found a while back. Sitting down she could hear more gun fire. Reina just bet the bodies were really piling up on that road now.

 

“It's more of those Bloody Bastards. Keep shooting for all you lov....” The lookout said next as his last word was cut off suddenly.

 

“Get back from the windows. Too many and they got pole arms. ” Ysmay said and must have been looking out from a window at this point.

 

There was a heavy thumping sound and Reina heard the adults talk about this. It was a battering ram. While the outer door was covered in dragon scales. The wood behind it would give away after a while.

 

“Runners, prepare the slab and tell the defenders to drop stones. Men, get ready. ” Ysmay ordered and Reina heard more pistol shots.

 

Reina heard something like a rock slide as stones were dropped from the sides of the Stone Hill on top of the Bloody Bastards.

 

“Monks are pouring hot cooking oil on them too. ” A runner called down the stairs. Cheers from men defending the entrance hall as the thumping sound stopped.

 

“Make sure these bastards meet the Dark One tonight. Keep firing. ” Ysmay commanded and the gun fire resumed.

 

Reina was grinning now from her hiding spot.

 

“Oh...sh” A defender said and suddenly the doors blew wide open.

 

Reina peeked out to see a crystal mage wearing a blood red breast plate with robes coming into view.

 

As the Bloody Bastards rushed into the room. The crystal mage ran past her hiding spot going up the stairs. There were screams as the other child runners ran away.

 

They were fighting and retreating at the same time. Ysmay darting here and there cutting men down. Defenders falling to swords, axes and war hammers. The sheer brutality of the blows were without mercy.

 

Reina prepared herself to run up the stairs right behind her new mother.

 

One big brute of a man came in swinging a two handed hammer. Ysmay climbing the stairs killing any man who came up after her.

 

“Fall back! ” Ysmay ordered and those who could did. The entrance hall was lost now.

 

Reina watched as Ysmay was just getting past her hiding spot. When the big brute came up after her.

 

Despite slashing him in the face and arms. It didn't stop the huge Bloody Bastard from hitting Ysmay with a gut check with the handle of his hammer then one meaty fist to her face.

 

Ysmay fell back onto the stairs stunned and watching as this one large Bloody Bastard grinned down at her. His long war hammer coming up to swing down for her head.

 

Reina sprung from her hiding spot. Double slashing the back part of the large man's legs. He folded down to his knees screaming with pain and Reina spun around driving one knife deep into his eye.

 

“Leave my new mommy alone!” Reina shouted as the man's fluids gushed out from his eye socket.

 

The huge man twitched as his good eye looked at her with shock and fell over dead rolling down the stairs. Knocking down more Bloody Bastards along the way. Ysmay was getting to her feet and stared in disbelief at Reina.

 

“Come on! ” Reina commanded and half pulled on Ysmay to get her moving. Together they made it to the top of Stone Hill itself.

 

Reina found the release lever for the stone slab and pulled it. With a mighty thump sound the entrance from the floor was blocked.

 

Less then a minute later, Reina heard weapons banging on it from below.

 

“That will hold for a few days at the least. ” Ysmay said weakly as she was breathing hard to regain her strength. Clutching her gut thankful for the padded armor under her outer clothing.

 

Reina looked around to see chaos all around. Some of the Bloody Bastards were using ropes with three prong hooks to climb over the side of Stone Hill. Reina half hauled Ysmay to a low garden wall where she could recover.

 

Reina peaking around the wall with a weapon in hand. She handed her second knife to Ysmay to watch from the other side. Ysmay had dropped her original blades on the stairs.

Despite the defenders best efforts. The Bloody Bastards were spreading out to invade the other buildings. Some of them heading for the rooms with the women and children.

 

Reina silently hoped that Brother Thomas and her friend Reynard stayed unharmed.

Isabel was dueling with the enemy crystal mage while her father fought against a large brute with an ax.

 

Thorin clearly defending his oldest daughter's back from being attack. The man with the ax fainted an attack just as Thorin shifted position. Just as the real attack started Thorin raised his shield a second too late.

 

The trade off Thorin had swung his hammer around to bring the spiked end into the side of the attacker's head just as the ax bit deeply into Thorin's shield arm.

 

Thorin screamed in pain and rage and kicked the now dying man away. This distracted Isabel for a second as another Bloody Bastard took the chance to come up on her other side.

 

A short handle ax swinging at her left side. Isabel's vambrace blocked the strike, but her more advance magic crystal gems went flying after being knocked loose. From what Reina could see they were the only reason Isabel was holding her own in the fight against the other more experienced crystal mage.

 

Isabel unleashed a fire into her attacker's face and he fell over dead. Isabel turned around in time to see the other mage smirking as he raised his hand to blast her with fire now.

 

“Teacher!” a child's voice rang out clearly and Reina watched as an ice blast hit the enemy mage’s hand spreading down his arm.

 

Reina looked a little higher and smiled see that she wasn't the only child to sneak out to help.

 

Isabel's mage students were there now. Some of them holding her more advance magic crystals.

 

The bad mage barely had time to scream with frustration as he was blasted with ice, fire, and lightening next. One boy, screamed as the dragon crystal had burned his fingers a little.

 

“Fall back to the library area. Form a ring around it. ” Thorin called out holding his bleeding arm as he slowly walked back. Others were stepping in to fight now the enemy mage was dead. The battle on top of Stone Hill had turned in their favor with help from the extra child mages.

 

Reina helped Ysmay to the half completed building. Reina turned the corner in time to see Thorin lying down on the wide stone table with Helka holding a fire gem.

 

Thorin had a piece of wood in his mouth as Helka burned his damaged arm off. Thorin passed out from the pain, but still breathing.

 

“Defenders and mages on me. We are knocking these bastards off our walls. ” Isabel said and with fresh ammo they pushed the Bloody Bastards back.

 

Reina watched as defenders shot and killed the enemy. While the child mages used their crystal's power to destroy the hook or the rope attached to the metal loop.

 

Soon enough the defenders had returned to guarding the edge of Stone Hill. Isabel took her young charges to clear out the buildings where some of the Bloody Bastards had entered.

 

Some time later, Reynard emerged looking a bit beaten up, but unharmed for the most part. His sword bloody along with his armor. It was what was behind Reynard that made Reina started crying. Kind old brother Thomas was being carried on a stretcher. Clearly, dead from a blade wound in his chest.

 

Reina stepped closer to Reynard as Ysmay was ordering people to pile any loose stones on top of the stone slab.

 

“He died killing one of those men. I turned my back just for a few seconds. ” Reynard said as tears left his eyes.

 

“It's okay. ” Reina said knowing death very well in her life. She hugged him and they sat next to Brother Thomas as monks covered his face with a sheet.

 

Reina noticed that other monks weren't around.

 

“I saw Brother Burnt die too. He was protecting some of the children by breaking one man's neck then pounding the other man into the ground with his fists. He never saw the ax that took his head off. ” Reynard said looking very worn out.

 

“May Light Bringer accept him. Brother Thomas is there to greet him. ” Reina said and Reynard nodded.

 

A cheer rose up as it was confirmed that Stone Hill was clear of the enemy. What was left of the Bloody Bastards were retreating down the road or hiding in the entrance hall.

 

Reina didn't know what had happen exactly. She fell asleep next to a passed out Reynard a short time later. Sheer exhaustion from the fighting having taken its toll on her. Many of the adults were doing the same.

 

As the morning light was starting to peak over the far horizon. Reina awoke to see a now rested Isabel and group of defenders were re-arming their weapons. Many of them were preparing ropes to go over the edge of Stone Hill.

 

“Isabel?” Reina asked and Reynard stirred awake as well.

 

“Don't worry. We are taking back the entrance hall. The men are about to pretend to remove the stone slab as a distraction. ” Isabel explained.

 

“Your gonna hit them when they are not looking at the road. ” Reina said liking the plan.

 

“Exactly. ” Isabel said Reina really started liking her older cousin.

 

Lord Crimson awoke then and Reina looked over see Helka telling him to lie still. Bed sheets had been used to bandaged the dragon's shoulder where the large arrow bolt had been removed.

 

It was clear to all that he wasn't going to be able to attack again anytime soon. Healers were only able to do so much with so many wounded. Reina noticed that women and children were now about. Cleaning up and putting things back to right.

 

Men were tossing dead bodies or parts of the enemy over the far side so they landed further down the hill. Anything of value had been removed before hand from each body.

 

Now, there wasn't a single man or woman not armed. Reina noticed that pistols were given to the women as the men took up the heavier hand weapons.

 

One man bragging after they win this. The ax he was holding would look good over his fireplace. Another man bragged his new sword would look better.

 

Isabel and the group of defenders went over the edge and minute later. The men on top of Stone Hill made a show of removing the stone slab. They were being loud and pounded on top of it. Anyone below would naturally assume the people above were breaking through.

Reina went to the edge to peak over. She was there in time to see Isabel water blasting into the entrance hall from the outside. Then the defenders rushing in to kill all inside.

 

The entrance was cleared out and only one man was lost during the fight. The doors were sealed from the inside and the last man had climbed out through the roof by a rope. They also recovered the lookout's body who had been shot.

 

As the morning's light reached the town below. They could see smoke and men moving about. Judging from the lack of flags below half of the town had been taken by Angmar's men. The other half still in control of their people.

 

Reina listened closely and could still hear distant pops. Now it was daylight the fighting seemed to ease up. Unfortunately, they were cut off from helping since the road down to the town was now in control of the Angmar army.

 

“I really hope Tomo is okay. ” Luanda's voice said and Reina smiled up a little at the hand sign language teacher. Little Amber was asleep in a sling across Luanda's chest.

 

“Me too. ” Reina said and she thought about her adopted dad and older brother. They were down there somewhere either fighting to live or already dead.

 

“Breakfast. ” Brother Tad called out and Reina was so hungry she could eat a horse.

 

The Monks had prepared a simple soup of potatoes with bits of chicken. Something easy to eat for those injured and still a bit woozy.

 

Lunch seemed to come fairly quickly too and all gun fire stopped. Neither side could gain a advantage for now.

 

Lord Crimson moved about in short limping walks perhaps feeling restless. He sat down to rest and look down at the town for the longest time. Reina could just tell he was feeling useless. Thorin was awake and ate his lunch one handed with help from his oldest daughter. Thea was helping out by looking after all the children.

 

It was getting close to sunset when a look out called out that Angmar soldiers were making their way up. It took them some time to clear a way past the dead bodies. Under a white flag of a temporary truce symbol. Lord Frit was making his way up the sloping road.

 

The sneering face was gone to be replaced with a face of pure hate. Clearly, nothing had gone right for him in this fight. By now, he must of realized he been tricked. Reina recalled another word that could describe the man, Stressed.

 

Thorin made his way to the edge with help and hid the fact part of his arm was gone by leaning over the edge with his good side.

 

Lord Frit gritted his teeth at the sealed doors and looked up to see Thorin grinning.

 

“Good day, Lord Frit. Fancy, seeing you here. We are willing to accept your surrender now. ” Thorin called down and did well for a man still recovering from losing a limb. Maybe, Lord Frit would have said something back real nasty. It was then that Lord Crimson craned his head over the side. Smoke trails coming from his nose.

 

“I see you have a dragon still. Barely alive, I bet. ” Lord Frit said taking a chance by testing the truce flag's power.

 

“Speak your terms. You heard mine. ” Thorin said wondering what would he say.

 

“It is only a matter of time before our navy force breaks through at Dragon's Mouth. Your beast did well to destroy the ships at Port's mouth. How long til you think reinforcements arrived down from the North Road? These new repeating pistols are impressive. Submit to the king's rule and I can personally make it possible that Lord Crimson will remain here. ” Lord Frit said and Reina didn't detect any lies.

 

“The fleet sent to Dragon's Mouth is gone. We will hold on long enough to regain our strength to take our town back. My father worked under the king's rule and I remember the heavy taxes. The way Angmar men ignored the common laws for their own gain. Just wait til you see our latest weapons. ” Thorin said and looked back at Isabel who was out of sight of Lord Frit's people. She picked up on the hint.

 

Aiming well above everyone's head Isabel shot lightening into the sky. The bolt carrying over the open air. The bolt of lightening on a clear evening sky startled Lord Frit.

 

“Strange, where did your mercenaries go? Not a single Bloody Bastard in sight, say for the dead ones. That's the trouble with mercenaries. Too many dead bodies and they will leave your side. ” Thorin said and watched with pleasure as Lord Frit pursed his lips then turned away from them without a word.

 

He rode away and Reina knew he wouldn't be back to talk.

 

That night, Reina stayed awake listening as the gun fire resumed below in the town. People on both sides trying to out flank the other. By now, the king's men must have captured many of the new guns. The only advantage the town's defenders had now. They practiced and knew how to use them faster.

 

The night and another day passed with no trouble for those on Stone Hill. They were being left alone until more forces could arrive. Reina allowed herself to play with the other children. The adults gathering in groups discussing plans and whisper conversations on how long til more of King Angmar's troops would arrive.

 

By mid morning horns were being blown and everyone went to the low stone wall to watch the town below. Reina didn't like what she saw.

 

For what they saw caused dread in their hearts. The men from Angmar had strapped extra shields and even doors on tall tower shields. As the town's folk watched the army surged forward taking a block as other men cleared the buildings.

 

Rifle shots could be heard then more firing and the shields held. It was slow work, but the enemy could take the town one block at a time. Part of the army still held the outside so there was no escape in that direction.

 

By the time darkness came. A good section of the town had been taken away. The slingers still in their original spots ready to fire.

 

Things were looking grim and Thorin started discussing plans to least fly all the children away on Lord Crimson's back. There were still uninhabited islands to the far south or the kingdom of Rin. A sworn enemy to King Angmar.

 

Reina didn't want to go away and she watched the town that was now in darkness for the most part. Camp fires burned and some of the houses had fire places going. Something didn't look right with the camp on the back side of town.

 

The camp fires on that side were being put out. Then Lord Crimson perked up looking toward the South.

 

Green fire exploded and a slinger went up in flames. Now the area was lit. Reina saw O'Marins appearing everywhere as they came out of the jungle. The Angmar army had their attention focused solely on the town. The enemy scouts had been taken out.

 

Another slinger that was close to the back gates was set on fire by O'Marin troops. The one near the front gates went up in green flames a few seconds later. The men around it already dead from being impaled by dragon tail spikes.

 

Reina turned around as Reynard spoke for Lord Crimson making quick hand signs.

 

“Let us attack. Join our friends. ” Reynard said loudly getting up. Many of the adults agreed with him.

 

Defenders moved quickly to remove the stone slab to join Lord Crimson as they marched down the sloping road. Reina joined them with Reynard at her side. As they reached the bottom they caught sight of the dwarfs already spreading out to reclaim the town.

 

The last slinger was soon captured by the O'Marins. Isabel leading one group to clear buildings as other men did the same.

 

Angmar soldiers that could quickly surrendered or they fled South over the wall. Those still with bullets were shooting them as they ran. The lucky ones were swallowed up by darkness.

Reina didn't get to fight anymore and like Reynard looked relieved.

 

By the time that the town was secured once more. All of the war prisoners were rounded up. Morning had came as Biville's flags flew over the town once more.

 

O'Marins shackled the war prisoners with chains found aboard many of the wrecked Angmar ships. Clearly King Angmar intended to enslave the O'Marins.

 

The next day in the early hours. In the southern fields a spot close to the road.

 

Every war prisoner was stripped naked with only those with wounds were allowed to keep their bandages. Over the watchful eyes of Lord Crimson and Jade. The last of the war prisoners were being tattooed. A simple tribal dragon tattoo over the right side of their face from the chin to just above the eye then a number. Each number which was being recorded in a book along with the soldier’s name with a description. A healer did some quick pass over their face to ensure the ink would stay there.

 

Omara was giving a speech as the last of the men were being inked by many of the O'Marins. Who turned out to be pretty good at the trade of inking skin.

 

“Lord Crimson is far more merciful then Mother Jade. Take heart that you will live to see this day at the very least. Lord Crimson has begged that you all are to be spared. By order of the town council, the people of Biville and Lord Crimson. You are all hereby exiled back to the North. Anyone caught in these lands after three days will lose their head. We give you two extra days to get your walking wounded over our borders. ” Omara said giving them a stern look as she gazed over the war prisoners.

 

Many of the town defenders standing guard with hard looks on their faces. Considering they spent yesterday gathering the dead bodies of a family member or friends to lay them to rest.

 

“Spread the word. Tell all your friends, family, and strangers. We are a free nation who have beaten back the Bloody Bastards and who are protected by dragons. ” Thorin said putting on his booming voice.

 

“What about those who can't walk? ” One brave prisoner asked. He even stood up so all could see him.

 

Reina watched as Lord Crimson turned his attention to the man. Reynard on hand to speak for Lord Crimson.

 

“They are being transported to Port's Mouth to recover. Once all can move about they will leave by ship or wagon in a month's time. Our army will take Port's Mouth to ensure no future attacks by sea landings will be possible. Once every man is inked. You will all walk barefoot back home. We send you back as a plague of locusts on your own lands. For you will be thirsty, very hungry and badly sun burned. ” Reynard said as Lord Crimson nodded.

0