The Imperial city
2.3k 14 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The gates slowly opened before me and the first thing that I saw was a full moon hanging high into the sky.

It was midnight.

Illuminating my face as if greeting my return. We the Moon dynasty hold a special intimacy with it.

The legend says that our first ancestor begged the moon's goodness for ten years straight without moving an inch from his position. Praying for a blessing. For the power to change his fate.

His persistence was rewarded and in a couple of hundred years made our dynasty the overlord of the continent.

How much of it is true? no idea. But in every legend, there always exists a grain of truth.

Regardless my heart grows heavy when I finally climbed up the stairs. The palace is situated in the middle of the city on a small mountain overseeing the city from the top.

Ruins...collapsed ceilings. Even the walls didn't survive the corrosion of the time. Nature seems to fully claim back the pearl of the continent.

'What happened?'

I asked myself a question as I cut the vines that block my path with mental power.

I remember walking in these corridors as if it was just yesterday. But now, I almost can't recognize them.

"What happened!"

I asked again this time aloud. Still, I know that no one will answer me back.

"Fuck"

I was getting angry because the vines were nonstop blocking my path.

'Just fly. You can do that now, don't you? '

I did what I was taught by my father. Even though he didn't take me seriously back then when I said that I will fly like him one day.

I concentrated, slowly wrapping myself with the wind element....

Suddenly, I dodged to the side. Avoiding a big rock thrown in my direction.

Looking at my assailant that was 3 meters high gorilla with white fur and crazy red eyes.

"You fucking monkey"

I said and maybe feeling insulted, he rushed in my direction.

But he was too late because I was already in the air. Trying to get control of my movements.

After like 2-3 minutes I got a hang of it and looked at the annoying gorilla. He brought friends.

 My all techniques are outdated and can't show my true strength. That is why I didn't kill him in the first place.

'Shop'

I said in my thoughts and a holographic screen showed itself.

'Just you wait stupid monkey trying to hurt this princess.'

I thought indignantly.

Opening a shop I saw a list of techniques. Their grade goes like this:

E, D, C, B, A, S.

There was an option to filter. So I clicked it searching for the highest realm techniques that can be useful for me.

My attention got sapphire realm. It's the first time I heard about it. Others are pretty well known, to me at the very least. Obsidian is the highest.

Is sapphire a rank I'm currently in? I thought that must be the case. Comparing the prices they are the most costly.

Selecting only moon techniques because I got a nice boost when using them. I started the process of selecting an acceptable art.

 

-10 minutes later-

 

Monkeys are getting rowdy down here even to the point of trying to throw rocks at me. That is of course impossible because I am too far into the air.

'I am almost done don't worry. I will take care of you all pretty soon.'

I thought, annoyed because they keep roaring at me.

What I choose were three B-grade techniques. When it comes to prices they are like this:

E (1-100)

D (100-200)

C (200-300)

B (300-500)

A (500-1000)

S (1000-2000)

I found that I can buy weapons there too. So I brought a sword with my remaining coins with a blue handle. Their grades and prices are like this:

Normal (1-100)

Uncommon (100-200)

Rare (200-300)

Epic (300-500)

Legendary (500-1000)

Transcendental (1000-2000)

Pretty similar I guess.

Because I spend a lot on arts, I could only buy a Uncomon sword but it's still pretty decent.

The techniques I bought were:

Movement art (Concentrating on fast and silent movements)

Sword art (Concentrating on fast and deadly strikes)

Stealth art (Concentrating on hiding in plain sight)

I chose them because they are quite synergistic with each other and pretty decent for that price. There were others better but I thought it was more reasonable to have all three that can cover my weaknesses than one OP that focuses on a single aspect.

Now...Looking at the pile of scrolls and awkwardly hidden sword behind my silk belt.

'Do I really have to read this?'

[To receive an inheritance from the scroll you need to tear it apart]

"Phew you made me scared for a second there"

I said and broke the scroll.

Instantly knowledge poured into my brain. It seems like hours to me but actually, only a couple of seconds passed in the reality.

Amazing, another one.

>>>>>>>>>>

After assimilating all the knowledge. Actually, now I know perfectly well how to execute these arts. However, I don't seem to receive any experience with it.

So, I will be probably pretty clumsy doing this for the first time. Fortunately, I have a couple of very active sparring partners.

I thought looking at my "sparring partner" down below...

Taking my sword from the sheath. I slowly landed on the ground. Surprising a lot of monkeys on the ground. They didn't attack me.

Being surrounded by all sides my body seems to tremble. But it wasn't because I was scared. I was just too excited...

Suddenly one big black gorilla stepped from the crowd silencing all the other monsters. It walked to me towering over me.

"Human If you surren..."

He spoke to me in human language only to...have his head separated from the torso. There was blood and screams and then there was more blood and fewer screams...

Like a shadow, I seem to teleport reaping the lives of monsters. At first, I was focused on finishing them by cutting their heads. But later when I found where their monster core is. I decide to strike there.

Less bloody...

Suddenly when I was just to kill the last monster.

                             [Incoming mission]

|Find the place of the gorilla's tribe and exterminate it|

|Reward: 50 coins|

 [accept/decline]

 'Aren't you a stingy system?'

I thought but actually accepted the mission.

The last gorilla...

Well, I let it go. So he can show me where his tribe is.

'Overall they are not a big challenge. The difference in strength is just too big.'

I thought as I followed behind the frightened fellow.

>>>>>>>>>>

POV:?

Sitting on my bony throne drinking from the silver chalice. I was enamored by the wine I was drinking. Humans indeed knew how to make good wines.

It was a good decision to attack that merchant caravan and that is not all, I even got a beautiful girl to play with.

"Hahaha"

I let out a perverted laugh when I thought of a girl. I didn't let anyone toucher her. I will today thoughtfully enjoy taking her virginity and breaking her. Making her my mindless toy.

Maybe another time I should attack some nearby villages. After evolving into the humanoid form. I feel so powerful. Honestly, I don't think that some village guards could stop me.

With this, I could make my own harem. But not only that by taking many slaves. I can boost our population rapidly. Making me the overlord of the Forgotten Forest.

Just thinking about it makes me grin unconsciously.

Suddenly my good mood shattered when one of the gorillas broke into my throne hall.

My subordinates are so stupid they know only know to eat, fuck, and sleep.

But that will not be a problem in the future. My children will already be evolved when born. I just need time...

"Kneel down before your king"

I said loudly to the stupid gorilla before me.

After I directed my majestic aura on him, he collapse on the floor.

"Speak to your master don't waste my time"

I said proudly but he didn't do what I assumed.

He just lay down there not moving. Furious I went to him and kicked him up making him crash into the nearby wall.

It seems that managed to wake him up but he was trembling all over. Am I that scary?

Well of course I am.

"Listen here you.."

I didn't finish speaking because.

"Demon! Demon! sh. e. Is..here"

Gorilla started lamenting as if it was the end of the world.

"What demon.. are you fucking drunk?"

I was just to slap him again to let out my anger. When I heard the ruckus outside.

"What the hell is going on!?"

I yelled and walked to the doors.

 

Hey guys, actually because I wrote this story on a whim. I don't have it all planned. However, I have four ideas for a story. Depending on what love interest you choose in the pool down below. The story will change drastically. 

Love interest?
  • Thousand years distant, distant, distant relative
  • Someone that reincarnated too but without a system
  • Love-hate relationship with someone that killed the last of her bloodline
  • Master-discipline relationship
Total voters: 109 · This poll was closed on Feb 2, 2023 05:38 PM.
72