Who is she?
2k 8 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone sorry for such a long wait. I can only say that the life of the first year's student can be quite hectic. Anyways I hope you like this chapter.

Actually through my earlier slaughter. I looted the place. I mean when I am in a city in the future, I need some money.

I found gold coins, spirit stones (currency mostly used by cultivators). A tight battle suit with red-black patterns and a storage ring with an uncommon sword in it. The other stuff was quite worthless to me.

I don't know from where monkeys got the last items. Especially a storage ring that didn't exist thousand years ago. Still, the average warrior gorilla seems to be as strong as me before my seclusion.

So they probably just stole it.

Anyways moving through the flames the girl held my hand tightly. She is probably scared.

"So what is your name?"

I said lightly to the girl that stayed mostly silent until this point.

"Arteen... it's Arteen"

She glimpsed at me with her red eyes similar to my own. But looked away a second after.

"That's a beautiful name Arteen"

I said with a light smile.

"Yours?"

She asked glancing at me with the corner of her eyes.

"Mine?"

I don't think I should use my real name so...

"I guess it's Katharine"

Dunno it just came to my mind.

"You guess? So it's not your real name."

She said. Making her tiny nose twitch a little.

"Aren't you a sharp girl?"

I said and managed to see that the corners of her lips trampled a little trying to hold a smile.

Almost at the end of the village. I walked in front of her. It would be for the best if she didn't see a massacre I did earlier.

"What?"

She asked perplexed.

"Can you cover your eyes for a moment?"

I asked sounding a little serious this time.

She obediently covered her eyes. Blindly trying to find my hand.

'Aren't she such a good girl?'

I thought and took her hand.

Leading her through the bodies on the ground, we arrived at the forest.

"You can look now."

I said and she gazed at me tentatively.

'So what do I do with her now?'

I thought a little troubled. Because obviously, I can't leave her here.

                              [Incomming mission]

|Get to know the true identity of the girl in front of you|

|Reward:200 coins|

[accept/decline]

What? I screamed internally so much just for a simple quest. Does this system just give a random amount of coins?

'Sure accept'

Suddenly in front of me, the stomach of the girl growled a little.

"Sorry"

She hurriedly said. Looking embarrassed.

Is she hungry? I don't know how to cook anything and I am a little afraid to actually gave her some random fruit in the forest.

I always had maids and royal cooks to take care of me. So I am really clueless about how to prepare food.

Now with my high realm and meditation. I shouldn't need to eat anything. But what do I do with a girl? I can't let her starve.

...

Actually, I know the place. But before that, I need to change my clothes. My white hair is so sticky with blood that it's making me uncomfortable.

Crouching in front of her. I said trying to sound friendly. She must be traumatized.

"I will find you something in a minute. But I need to change my clothes first. Is that okay with you?"

Nodding her head full of black hairs, she answered.

"Sure"

It would be easier if I just carry her there. But I don't want to ruin her clothes. So in the end, we could only walk.

>>>>>>>>>>

Waterfall, I chose this place not only because I can clean myself and find some not poisoned fruits here. This place was my favorite spot to play when I was younger.

It's kinda nostalgic.

Surrender on all sides by the fruit trees. Even though the location seems to change a lot. Waterfall stayed the same for all these years.

Actually, there is a history to this place.

As a reincarnated person, I was always interested in the world around me. However, I wasn't allowed to go outside of my residence. I was extremely bored.

So one day, I just left for a walk. Obviously, I was stopped by guards. Yet they let me leave.

Why?

Well, I just blackmail them by saying. I will lie to my father about them trying to touch me.

By the looks on their faces. It worked like magic. At that time even an idiot would know that by doing something like that to the emperor's favorite daughter. Wouldn't end in a simple death sentence.

Aware of that point I took advantage of it. Still, they begged to let me be followed by them. So they could protect me. I agree with that.

That is when I found this place. It was beautiful with crystal-clear water.

After this fact, I was coming here regularly. Father got to know about this pretty fast. Even then the only thing he did was to plant some fruit trees in the surrounding because he knew, I liked to snack on them.

"Sigh.."

Yeah feels nostalgic.

Turning around to the girl following me.

"So which do you prefer sour or sweet fruits?"

"I don't mind any of them"

She said meeting my gaze.

floated to the nearby trees and picked some fruits. That I liked as a kid.

Before there were only a couple of trees. Now its thousands of them in the area. It's a truth that time changes a lot of things.

Landing on the ground with a levitating fruits in front of me. Manipulating elements I created hot water. Simple trick.

Washing all the fruits only then I handed them to the girl.

"If you want more just let me know."

Creating a simple cup from wood and putting there some water. I place it near the girl and walked to the pond. If someone saw me wasting so much spirit energy just to create a cup. They would probably think I am crazy.

But with my big reserves. I didn't think much of it.

Taking off my sandals. I felt the water with my toes. It was warm so, I didn't hesitate anymore.

Taking off my robe. In these times there still doesn't exist underwear. I kinda hate this fact but I got used to it.

Now completely naked with my snowy-white skin, I jumped into the water.

"Splash"

In the process startling a poor girl already sitting on a big rock nearby.

Arriving at the surface after a quick dip. I grabbed my hair obscuring my vision and placed them behind my ear.

Looking at the surprised girl before me. Now probably seeing my face for the first time clearly. I reassured her.

"Don't worry I already let out my aura so this place is safe."

After saying this not really waiting for her reaction. I dived again.

>>>>>>>>>>

After cleaning myself. I put on my new robes. Using a wind element to dry myself in the process. I always liked to experience with elements.

It made my life much easier.

Looking at the surface of the water. Seeing my reflection, I was satisfied.

Sharp features yet beautiful face. The white hair that I got from my father. With a flash of silver on them. Making them, especially shiny at night.

Still, the thing I like about myself the most are probably my piercing exotic-looking red eyes that I got from my mother.

Honestly, my face looks like a piece of art. Even though I don't care that much about it. Still being beautiful is surely boosting my confidence a lot.

Finally fully dressed, I walked to the girl that was looking the other way.

"Hey"

I said and sat next to her. She glanced at me but kept gazing at the waterfall. Her figure looked quite lonely.

"Beautiful isn't it?"

I asked finally getting some sort of reaction from her.

"It is"

She said nodding her head.

"When I was younger, I liked to come here."

The girl looked at me with a little disbelief in her eyes.

"When you were younger you were coming to one of the most dangerous forests just to gaze at the waterfall?"

Finding a situation a little funny my lips curved a little upwards.

"Well obviously not only that, I had fun with other things too"

"I don't understand"

She look at me a little lost.

"Well you don't need to understand"

I said lightly tapping her nose.

"Anyways you have a place you want to go?"

I said finally reaching a part I wanted to ask.

"I have in the capital"

She said a little troubled.

       [Incoming mission]

|Help a girl reach her home|

|Reward: 100 coins|

[accept/decline]

'Accept'

"Then I will take you there"

I was positively surprised by a sudden mission. Well, I would help her anyways. So that doesn't make a difference.

"No.. no, you saved my life, I can't bother you anymore"

She spoke out. Still, I could hear a lack of confidence in her voice.

"I am not doing this for free. One day you will return a favor"

I thought of something not really wanting to argue.

"A favor?"

She replied peeking at me with her big red eyes.

"Favor"

I answered affirmatively.

"Then please take care of me"

She said standing up and bowing in my direction.

I smiled a little. A girl has good manners. She definitely is not from a common upbringing. By looking at her attire alone.

"Don't worry this big sis will protect you"

I said and couldn't help myself but remember my younger sister from this world.

I hope she lived a good life. I am aware of the fact what I did was quite selfish. Disappearing from the life of people that cared about me.

Especially my younger sister that always thought of me as her role idol. I can't even think how she felt after that.

But did I regret it?

Definitely no, in the end, I am quite selfish after all.

"So in what direction is a capital?"

I asked.

"West if I remember correctly"

Said the girl after pondering a little.

Lowering my posture, I said.

"We going to fly there so hop on my back"

"Are you sure?"

Replied a girl a little unsurely.

"Yea, come on"

Not hesitating anymore she took hold of my neck and I supported the rest of her body. Making sure she will not fall off.

Like this, we started our journey to the capital city...

'A new capital?'

77