Why I Should Become A Hikikomori
2.1k 13 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Be prepared for an info dump. *Muahahaha*

Pov Nadia:

*Gasp … sniff sniff, uuuuu*

Trembling and slowly regaining my breath, I slowly came back to myself.  Nightmares are the worst. I might need to get some sleeping medicine later if this continues to happen. Therapy would not work out because what would I say to them? ‘I have been drowned in blood and am now afraid of everything to do with it.’  Yeah right, as if they would believe that.

 

Anyways, I have a long week ahead of myself before I go on my first trip to the city.  After all, I don’t want to be the center of attention because I lack common sense.  Who knew that even though I don’t have to go to school, I still have to study. Ugh, I am not looking forward to that.  At least my trip to the store should be short and simple, right???

 


 

A few days of studying later (While procrastinating a bit reading the light novels here a bit more than I should have ... Don’t judge!!!):

 

Maybe my trip to the grocery store wont be simple after all.  This world is more complex than I imagined.  Here is a summary of what I could find. ‘I might be starting to go crazy, I am presenting the summary I compiled to thin air. Nightmares aren’t helping that either.’

 

Summary:

  • This world is also called Earth and time works the same way.  History seems to be very similar, but what the fluff! It is 2426. I feel like I am reading a fairytale with the ‘new’ stuff that happened.

 

  • 400 years ago, a mysterious energy wave engulfed the entire planet. Scientists have determined that it originated from the Bermuda Triangle.

 

  • Humans started spontaneously evolving, gaining new characteristics and powers.  From the statistics I have read, about 20% of the population has gained animal characteristics, so while my looks may be uncommon(ly cute)*,  at least I won’t have to worry about disguising myself as a human.

*Ignore the words in parenthesis,  Iris put those there and now I can’t delete it. Such a (not) annoying goddess (Big Sis now). *Grrrrr*

 

Using my powers of darkness for the first time, I isolated the connection to my computer so that  I wouldn’t continue having random comments hacked in.  At least I know that If I need to contact her, it would be easy to do so.  Who knew that goddesses had computers anyways. Oh well, I keep getting distracted. ‘Where was I? Oh yeah, proofreading my summary.’

 

  • At the same time that humans gained powers, rifts to the other dimension opened up all over the world, changing the terrain and dumping fairy tale creatures and beings all over the place. Some secret exorcist sects revealed themselves to help bring as much peace as they can and closing as many rifts as possible, however, the war with the other dimension continued for over 200 years until humanity developed technology to close the rifts.

 

  • Over the next 100 years, society stabilized somewhat. New research had been developed to predict the opening of rifts, so that those who fight the other dimension, now called heroes, will be able to be dispatched quickly to close the rifts.

 

  • Scientists have discovered that they can get unlimited energy by tapping into the other dimension, however, it has been deemed too dangerous because the invaders as they are now called, will find the crack (name for tiny rift) and tear it open, causing disaster.

 

  • There has been a heated dispute about accessing the other dimension, after all, it is unlimited energy. One scientist was so passionate about it that he opened an unauthorized crack for an experiment.

Something strange happened on that day. Instead of  tearing open the crack  and attacking and causing massive damage, he was given an offer by a greater demon on the other side. An offer of power that he did not refuse. His hair turned white and spikey as his power level rose. Thus, the first villain was born. Dr. Calamity.

 

Spoiler

Dr. Calamity

[collapse]

 

  • Dr Calamity ended up kidnapping the mayor's daughter and threatened him for money and resources for his experiments.  Luckily there was a strong hero nearby to stop him before anything bad could happen, however, ever since then until present, the sentient invaders that make it through would look for people easy to corrupt. They would ask for a tiny bit of lifeforce to open up a rift, so they can grant power to said person to cause chaos for them.

 

  • Summary of summary: While I will definitely be fine while on the shopping trip, a rift, invader, or villain can interrupt my plans and ruin my day. There are plenty of things that can cause bl- … that re- … *shiver*  stuff to fly around. In conclusion, not leaving the house at all should be ideal. Unfortunately, nothing can be delivered to Turnaround Woods, so I will have to leave the forest when I want/need to get anything.

After rereading my notes I nodded to myself. ‘I’m doomed, especially with that flag I accidentally set up a while ago. Stupid anime world.’ 

 

Feeling tentative about tomorrow's trip and fearing sleep, I decided to read light novels through the night while waiting for the stores to open. I couldn’t stay awake though. Halfway through one of the chapters I started drooping into my bean bag chair and passed out.

85