Caught??? And Chaotic Catastrophe!!!
2.1k 19 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***Announcement***

Hellow to all my readers, great news, I'm alive! I have some sad news to bring however. Due to me being accepted to school, chapter updates will be slowing down. That does not mean I am abandoning the book, just that I will have less time to write chapters during the week. Anyways, enjoy! (˃ᆺ˂✿)

 

Pov Nadia:

Feeling myself being shaken, I groaned, "10 more minutes." before dozing off again snuggling closer to the warmth.

 

*FFFFF* *Yipe! Wawawa* Unconsciously I teleported across the room and extended shadow claws while bearing my canines.

 

Seeing Zoey's flabbergasted and somewhat amused face and realizing that I was growling, I quickly straightened myself out while my face heated up in shame.

 

"Sorry, shouldn't have blown into your ear, but in self defense, I spent 5 minutes trying to wake you up. 'Probably shouldn't admit that I have been silently fawning over her adorableness as she slept for the past hour. Her soft fur and warmth is very effective at draining motivation to get up.'" [Zoey]

 

Why she was slightly blushing when she said that went above my groggy mind.

 

Just staring at her while waiting for her to say anything, I started to worry about how she would react to me sneaking into bed with her, knowing I was in the wrong, as well as seeing my powers (with darkness having prejudice against it).

 

'Was she fine with it, does she not care? Is she disappointed with me, will she yell at me now? Does she hate me now? Please don’t let it be hate.' With each thought, my ears and tail drooped lower and lower. Tears gathering into my eyes.

 

Seeing my dilemma, Zoey lept across the room and gave me a hug, stroking the back of my head, whispering in a soothing tone, "You’re ok, you don't need to worry. I won't hurt you."

 

I just cried, relieved that she didn't just abandon me and kick me out right away.

 

"You aren't afraid of me?" I asked in a small voice.

 

She suddenly snorted, causing me to flinch.

 

In a sardonic voice she stated,  "I fight villains and invaders from the other dimension for a living. I have even seen a greater demon wielding light magic. There is no way you with your adorable features are going to scare me away."

 

"So you won't leave me?" I softly said with some hope in my voice.

 

Hugging me a little tighter, she snorted and in a low husky voice said, "It's the other way around. Now that I caught you, I will never let you go, cutie."

 

I blushed heavily at her words. It was official, if before I had a crush on her, with those words, she stole my heart.

 

I wasn't smooth with words, so I just hugged her with tears of joy in my eyes.

 

"Thanks," I whispered.

 

Suddenly my stomach roared in its protest at being empty. We just stared at each other, then started laughing.

 

Still wheezing, Zoey gasped and said, "Let's go and get some breakfast."

 

Hearing the word breakfast, I perked up with my tail lightly wagging. Then I pumped my fist into the air with a small hop, "Let's go!" I excitedly exclaimed, quickly headed down the hall.

 

I did not see Zoey behind me place her hands over her heart. 

 

'Guh, will she stop with the adorable surprise attacks, I don't know how much more cuteness my heart can handle.'[Zoey]

 

For breakfast, we had waffles this time, as well as the divine scrumptiousness.

 

After our meal together, in a slightly subdued voice I asked, "So, what now?" 'I don't want to end our time together, however, I also can't interfere with her life, I don't even know her work schedule.'

 

"Well…" she said, pausing to think. "Since I decided to retire early and sent my resignation letter in,-"

 

I cut her off before she could continue and rapid fired in surprise, "You quit your job! Why? And when did you even have the time to do that?"

 

Pausing for a moment, she replied, "Well, when I woke up, there was this cute little critter in my bed…" she teased.

 

*wawawa* As she said that, I felt my face heat up in embarrassment as I reached for my tail, bringing it to my face to hide my blush.

 

'Hehe, that's sooo adorable, I should tease her more.' She continued, "...and since I did not want to wake her up, I got to thinking about our conversation last night."

 

"I have been tired of all the b.s. with the government. Since they have everything under control, just let them do what they want. I have already given my warning, and if they don't want to listen, then that is on them."

 

"I, as the Last Heiress of the Grimm clan, declare that the mantle of protecting this world from the other, is now given up, and the future of this generation and those to come will be decided by whoever picks up those duties."

 

Suddenly I felt a bit of my power rush out of me, and a pulse of dark lightning spread around the world. A message appeared on everyone's screen (and a few ancient tablets) declaring,

 

"THE LAST CLAN WHICH WAS PART OF A PROMISE TO PROTECT THIS WORLD HAS GIVEN UP THEIR DUTY. THE FUTURE IS NOW IN YOUR HANDS."

 

Looking at the message on the screen that popped out of her watch, she then stared out the window into the distance, and sarcastically stated, "Well, that is not ominous."

 

I just cringed knowing I was the cause, but not why my powers suddenly went out of control. Luckily she didn’t see my look of guilt for being the cause of chaos.

 

Still staring off into space, in a distant voice she said, "Clan legend has it that right before the divine being of our world abandoned it  -long, long before the other world’s god died and caused today's chaos- a few clans were chosen to be protectors, with my clan being one of them. That day, after making the vow, rainbow lightning spread around the world announcing the new protectors via what was then called by oracle or prophecy. The divine being said that by divine law, we were now officially protectors of the world, and only we can give up that right, it can not be forcefully taken."

 

Sardonically she stated, "I guess there was some truth to that legend, though with there being no divine being, I guess the divine law would react weirdly.”

 

Before I could feel more guilty, a loud beep rang through the room, causing me to jump.

 

Bringing up the culprit, which was my watch, I saw that I had received one new message. Curious, I tapped on it to see that it was from “Big Sis”.

 

Opening the message to read it, It stated:

 

 

Hello Nadia, it’s me.

 

It has come to my attention that the voice of the world, or v.o.w. for short, has been activated, which is what we divine beings use when we want to message the mortals.

 

Knowing you would blame yourself, I sent you this to say that it is not your fault. That was an automated response I set up for when certain conditions are reached, however, as the world dried up of mana, the v.o.w. needed to recharge by drawing on the nearest deity, which happened to be you. 

 

The reason the lightning was dark was because the mana was dyed by your divinity drawn directly from you, and not the pure raw mana you naturally release to the world.

 

Anyways, without getting into too many technicalities that you will eventually learn, everything that just happened was my fault. I forgot I set that up before ascending to a multiversal deity. Sorry for not warning you of it.

 

On that note, now that you are connected to the v.o.w., You can now send messages to the world whenever you would like, whether it is something serious or just a prank. Not using it is fine as well, it is up to you. Have Fun!

 

Your big sis, Iris.

 

 

Closing the text, I sighed in relief. 

 

“What was that about?”[Zoey]

 

“That was a text from big sis saying that everything was ok.”

 

“You have a sister?” she asked.

 

I responded, “She isn’t a sister related by blood, I just call her big sis because she is always taking care of me. You could say she adopted me as her little sister.”

 

“That’s neat, and I am glad that she is ok, especially with what just happened.”

 

Thinking of the chaos that message would cause, I just replied with a soft "yeah."

 

After a short pause of silence, I awkwardly said, "Well, what now."

 

Giving me a concerned look, "I imagine that there are going to be some riots and chaos going on in the city right now. I don't think it is safe for you to leave right now."

 

Thinking for a moment, Zoey said, "How about we watch a couple of movies while waiting for things to settle."

 

Thinking about being close to Zoey for a day, my heart started pumping in excitement as my tail started wagging. "Sure, let's do that." I said, maybe a bit too excitedly.

 

"Someone sure is excited for a movie" Zoey teased while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, not missing my true motive at all.

 

I froze as I realized that I was found out, then I blushed while steam poured out of my ears and I covered my face with my hands in embarrassment. *wawawa* 

 

Too embarrassed to function and wanting to hide, I crouched and hid my face into my tail.

 

Unfortunately I was not given enough time to cool down, and I squeaked as Zoey suddenly lifted me in a princess carry and brought me to the couch in front of the TV.

 

Now in Zoey's lap, I pouted and whined, "unfair", before burying my face into her chest in embarrassment when I realized how close to her face I was.

 

Feeling her gentle yet firm hands stroking my head, she replied, "I am sorry, but you are just too adorable. You don't know how hard it is to resist abducting and mofu mofuing you.”

 

I blushed again when she said that.

 

After cooling down a bit, I snuggled by Zoey’s side as we watched a few G rated movies, chatted, and gossiped through the day. 

 

When it was late and we checked the news, there was still rioting going on in the city (Luckily there was a family safe site where blood is not shown). Since it was still hectic, Zoey said, “It would be for the best if you stayed over for the night.”

 

Suddenly shy, shifting from foot to foot while hugging my tail, I sheepishly asked, “Would it be alright if I slept with you again?”

 

Hugging me gently, Zoey softly said, “Of course you can.”

 

After Zoey got settled into bed, I snuggled in beside her and closed my eyes. 

 

With her hugging me close to her and softly stroking my head while humming a soothing melody, I drifted off to sleep.

82