Disappearing Act!!!
1.5k 21 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Woohoo! I actually managed to write a chapter this week!

Anyways I updated the glossary for those who are interested in seeing that, mostly for my benefit. I have added a couple images to the minor characters, however, I did not put them in the main story because the images were either not high quality, or they did not quite match my image for them. They are however, the best that the A.I. could generate.

Thanks for patiently dealing with my rant and I hope you enjoy!

(˃ᆺ˂✿)

Pov Nadia:

I was running through the woods, however, I was not being chased.

 

Instead I was the one doing the chasing.

 

*rustle rustle*

 

Hearing that, I just knew my prey was nearby.

 

Crouching down, I slowly made my way over to the source, slowly and silently.

 

Seeing a glimpse of my quarry, I pounced.

 

"Gotcha!!!"

 

An amused voice answered, "You have sure caught me all right."

 

Zoey brushed her hair out of her face and straightened her clothes as she got up.

 

"Now it is my turn to catch you!

 

"You'll never catch me!" I taunted and blew a raspberry before taking off.

 

*Hahaha* "I'm going to get you!"

 

She began chasing me.

 

Catching a glimpse of something, I suddenly stopped, sliding a few feet.

 

Doing a double take, I retraced my steps and found what I just glimpsed.

 

Excited, my tail wagged as I made a come here gesture and called out, "Hey Zoey, you need to come and see this!"

 

Coming over she placed her hand on my shoulder and asked, "What is it?"

 

Pointing, I cooed "Just look at this bacon, isn't it so cuuuute?"

 

On the ground was a red and white bird made of bacon, chirping contentedly in the morning air.

 

Examining the bacon, she agreed, "Kyaaa, it's so adorable!"

 

Drooling, I nodded, "Exactly!"

 

*chirp. chirp. chirp. Woosh! SQUAAAaaaam crunch!* 

 

Suddenly I snatched it and bit off its head, leaving Zoey with a hurt expression.

 

Seeing that I froze. In a wary voice I whispered, "Woops… Were you wanting to eat some?"

 

Zoey meekly nodded yes.

 

Tearing off a bacon wing from the bacon bird, I handed it to Zoey.

 

Taking a bite, Zoey moaned in satisfaction.

 

With that, a bunch of bacon birds flew by, circling us, singing about how wonderful they taste.

 

Everything faded to bacon spiraling around me as I layed down and made a bacon angel, grabbing handfuls of bacon and eating them as I basked in this bacon heaven.

 

"Breakfast!"

 

Zoey's voice rang out with a reverb effect as everything shook and crumbled.

 


 

My eyes snapped open.

 

Yawning, I sat up and arched my back as I stretched my arms high up in the air and my legs beneath the blanket.

 

Muscles loosened, I sleepily wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth.

 

"Pleasant dreams?" Zoey curiously asked.

 

I blushed as I nodded.

 

Zoey tenderly patted my head.

 

Pinching her chin for a moment, her expression turned worried.

 

Not liking that expression I gently asked, "What is it?"

 

Hearing the hint of anxiety in my voice, Zoey's face softened as she reached out to rub my back.

 

Whispering, she stated, "After breakfast we need to talk about what we do from here on out. The situation is only going to get worse."

 

Nodding, I agreed.

 

*growl!*

 

Hearing my tummy protest its hunger, Zoey giggled while I blushed.

 

In a merry voice she teased, "Let's feed the hungry fox before she starves to death!"

 

My face heated up in embarrassment and I hid my face with my tail as Zoey cooed in adoration.

 

Once I settled down, I took Zoey's hand in excitement at the thought of food and cheered, "Let's eat!"

 

After a hearty meal, we sat on the couch in my living room.

 

Fidgeting with my tail, I asked, "Should we get started?"

 

Nodding, Zoey began our second impromptu meeting.

 

Holding out a finger, she stated, "First we will need to know what our options are."

 

Pulling up a screen using her intelligent watch, she started making a list as I watched:

 

  • Hide out at Nadia's place until the chaos dies down, if it ever does.
  • Contact Iris about escaping to another world.
  • Reveal identity and see how others react. Make a plan of action regarding how the situation goes.
  • Take over the world!!!

 

Seeing her type that, I snorted, and burst out laughing.

 

Red faced, I wiped a tear and amusedly stated, "Really. You had to go there?"

 

Zoey pointed to herself and in mock outrage exclaimed, "What?! I thought it was a good idea!"

 

Looking into my eyes, Zoey couldn't hold her fake upset face anymore, and a smile appeared as she snorted, causing us both to fall into a fit of giggles.

 

Once we settled down, Zoey erased the last option before asking, "Anything else that you want to add?"

 

Pondering for a bit, I suddenly asked, "Can your mansion run off grid in case of emergencies?"

 

Slowly she nodded her head as she confusedly confirmed, "Yeeeeah."

 

Elaborating, she continued, "My clan installed a giant crystal in the basement that we could fill with mana to run the mansion in times of emergency."

 

Curious, Zoey inquired, "Why did you ask that?"

 

Humming, I nodded. "I was thinking if it would be worth it for me to store your entire mansion so we don't have to worry about it."

 

Zoning out for a moment, Zoey snorted.

 

Amused, Zoey informed, "You know, it is really easy to forget that you are a goddess sometimes."

 

I pouted and cried in fake indignation, "What! Are you calling me short?!"

 

Flexing my arms I continued, "I will have you know that this little missy can tousle with the toughest sort!"

 

Zoey tried very hard not to laugh.

 

I was worried for a second that my joke wasn't funny enough, then she snorted, and burst out laughing.

 

I sighed in relief as I snickered at her delayed response.

 

Feeling naughty as I examined a defenseless Zoey, I debated whether I should start tickling her, however, I decided against it.

 

If I started another tickle war, we would get nothing done.

 

Once Zoey regained her composure, she tapped her knee as she pondered over the pros and cons of storing her mansion.

 

Zoey nodded as a smirk appeared on her face.

 

Resolve in her eyes, she firmly stated, "Let's do it."

 

Pausing for a sec, she added, "But first, I will need to move some stuff here before we go through with that."

 

I nodded.

 

With mirth in her voice, Zoey rubbed her hands as she giggled and said, "Oh, the amount of paperwork this will cause."

 

Her eyes glinted as her voice deepened, "Finally, after all these years, I can get back at them, for once."

 

I cheered, "That's the spirit!!!"

 

Impatient,  I hugged Zoey, and exclaimed, "Let's get going!"

 

With those words, I teleported us onto Zoey's living room couch.

 

Zoey, a little disoriented, broke my hold on her and snapped angrily, "Whoa, hold on a moment! At least warn me before suddenly teleporting!"

 

Shocked, tears welled up and my ears drooped.

 

I meekly mewled, "I'm sowwy."

 

Zoey's face took on an expression of guilt and horror as she realized what she had just done.

 

She reached over and hugged me tightly, and I wailed into her shoulder.

 

Tenderly stroking my hair, she softly consoled,  "Shhhh, it's ok. You have done nothing wrong. You didn't mean any harm."

 

Relief filled me as I realized that Zoey was not mad at me.

 

Shakily I wiped the tears off my face and  looked at Zoey, still sniffing.

 

With tears welling up in her eyes, Zoey's voice cracked, "I didn't mean to yell at you. Can you forgive me?"

 

I weakly nodded, and hugged her and rubbed her back to let her know that I was still there for her. 

 

Relief filled Zoey's face, and we cried the remainder of our emotions out into each other's shoulders.

 

Once we settled down, Zoey took a look at my puffy eyes and snorted.

 

She amusedly commented, "I must really look terrible right now."

 

I looked into Zoey's puffy eyes and shook my head no.

 

Weakly, I whispered, "You will always be beautiful to me, even if you rolled in the mud. I love you for who you are, not how you look."

 

Zoey blushed and avoided my face as she muttered under her breath, "So smooth!"

 

I blushed embarrassedly as I recalled how corny my words were.

 

I shrunk and hid my face with my tail.

 

'Why on Earth did I say that.'

 

Zoey gently rubbed my back as I cooled down.

 

Poking my eyes warily above my tail, I saw Zoey with an amused smirk on her face.

 

Knowing that I would be teased for this, I quickly covered my face again, trying to buy more time.

 

Zoey did not let me off.

 

Giggling, she sarcastically sang, "Oh no! The little fox is hiding, where ever could she be?"

 

I snickered at her words, however I refused to show my face.

 

Suddenly Zoey pulled down my tail and playfully exclaimed, "There she iiiiis!"

 

I squawked in indignation as I was blinded by the sudden light.

 

I pouted, then poked her in revenge.

 

Giggling, Zoey poked me back, causing me to retaliate by throwing the pillow on the couch into her face.

 

The pillow slooowly fell, revealing her shocked face.

 

I snorted, and she giggled after a moment.

 

A gleam appeared in her eyes. Zoey made a come at me gesture, and challenged, "Oh, it's onnnnn." before suddenly whacking me with the pillow behind her.

 

We fought a war that would be written in the legends. Back and forth we fought for hours with neither side gaining the advantage. 

 

Projectiles were thrown as we scattered from the impacts and built fortifications.

 

When we saw that the battle was not going anywhere, we called for a temporary truce and settled with a handshake.

 

Raising a fist, I ranted like a defeated villain, "This isn't over yet! I will get back at you next time!"

 

Zoey played along. "Next time I will win! I will take you on any time!"

 

Looking into each other's eyes, we broke into giggles, then rolled on the floor in laughter.

 

When I could finally breathe normally again, I sat up, and wiped the tears from my eyes.

 

Looking around at the ginormous mess we made, I wryly commented, "Wow, we really made a big mess. Weren't we supposed to be neatly arranging your stuff to move?"

 

Zoey snorted. "Indeed."

 

I shook my head and sighed at all the work we had to do, however, if we had to do the day over again, I wouldn't change a thing. We needed a break from the chaos of the world.

 

I cheated to stand up by abusing my teleportation power, appearing by Zoey’s side, then held out a hand to help her.

 

Zoey, amusedly shook her head before grabbing it, and I pulled her up.

 

Patting my head, Zoey whispered, "Thanks."

 

I wagged my tail and nodded.

 

For the rest of the day, I helped Zoey clean and pack her belongings.

 

After we made a huge pile in the center of the living room, I extended my hand and a cloud of darkness slowly covered everything.

 

Sensing that everything was there, I stored it with a thought, and the dark cloud dissipated, leaving the living room empty.

 

Zoey, who watched that with amazement, frowned.

 

Warily she asked, "Just to make sure, but everything is safe and not destroyed right?"

 

Closing my eyes, I sensed into my personal storage dimension.

 

Quickly making sure everything was accounted for, I snapped my eyes open and cheerfully beamed, "Yep!"

 

Zoey sighed in relief.

 

Then rubbed her hands together gleefully.

 

Coughing into her hand, she used an entertainer's voice as she said, "And now for the next act! Making my property disappear! Mua-ha-ha-ha!"

 

Shaking my head, I amusedly asked, "Overdramatic much?"

 

"Sush! Let me have this moment."

 

I whistled as I slowly scootched to the front door as if weirded out.

 

Indignantly, Zoey shouted "Nadia!"

 

I stuck my tongue out at her, and bolted for the door.

 

"Wait!"

 

Turning my head over my shoulder, I crowed, "You'll never catch me!"

 

I booked it to the front gate as Zoey chased me.

 

When I reached close to the front gate, I suddenly stopped, and Zoey ran into me, causing us to fall to the ground.

 

Worried, Zoey scrambled off me and asked, "Are you alright?"

 

I made a couple peace signs as I beamed, tail wagging, "Yep!" 'Absolute defense for the win!'

 

Zoey sighed and stepped towards me.

 

Making a fist, she gave me a knuckle sandwich as she exclaimed, "What was that for?"

 

Snickering, 'That didn't hurt at all!' I replied, "Weeeelll, we needed to be out of the house when I stored it… And I wanted to make the trip out fun!!!"

 

Shaking her head Zoey whispered, "What am I going to do with you?"

 

I just beamed a smile.

 

An imaginary light bulb went off above Zoey’s head and she smirked evilly towards me.

 

Confused, I tilted my head and asked, "What?...What is it?"

 

*Yipe!*

 

Zoey suddenly lifted me up off the ground, and slowly headed to the front gate.

 

*awawawa*

 

Seeing her plan, I hid my face with my tail.

 

I sent her my best pleading face as I furiously shook my head to not do that.

 

Reaching the front gate, Zoey snorted, and gently set me down.

 

Zoey scoffed, "As if I will ever do that!"

 

I sighed in relief and pouted, "Meanie!"

 

Zoey giggled, and ruffled my head.

 

Zoey comforted, "Alright, I was mean."

 

Taking my hand, she invited, "Come on, let's get this over with."

 

Tail wagging, I cheerfully skipped with her through the gate.

 

Surprisingly, there was no one nearby.

 

Turning around, I took a deep breath to resolve myself for what I was about to do.

 

Zoey put her hand on my shoulder, comforting me.

 

Courage filling me, I nodded to her.

 

I stretched my hands out and a massive amount of shadowy darkness quickly covered the mansion and her property.

 

Closing my eyes, I made sure all of her property was covered.

 

With a thought, I stored it, and the lingering darkness dissipated, leaving a giant rectangular hole in the ground.

 

Nodding at a job well done, I turned to Zoey and urgently hissed, "We should probably get going!"

 

Zoey nodded, and took my hand.

 

With that, I teleported us to my room.

 

We sat on the bed as our heart rates slowed down.

 

Tension gone, we looked at each other, and burst out laughing.

 

When we regained our composure, Zoey sighed. "Well, that just happened."

 

I agreed, "Yep, it did."

 

I yawned.

 

"Tired?" Zoey asked. 

 

I wearily nodded, I was mentally drained.

 

Zoey rubbed my back as I took out her suitcase of essentials.

 

I yawned again as I sleepily commented, "We can sort the rest later, right now I just want to sleep."

 

Zoey nodded in agreement, also yawning.

 

After we got ready, we snuggled into my bed.

 

Zoey groaned, "I am so not looking forward to the fallout tomorrow."

 

I just grunted distasfully.

 

Grumbling, I stated, "Let's leave the tomorrow stuff for tomorrow. I don't have the energy to deal with it right now."

 

"Agreed."

 

With that, she hugged me closer to her.

 

I hugged her back and whispered tenderly, "Goodnight."

 

"Sweet dreams." Zoey softly responded with love.

 

Zoey hummed a soft melody, and I contentedly purred into her arms.

 

Shifting to get a little more comfortable, I drifted off to sleep.

65