Repercussions: Returning To The City
3.7k 29 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hi everyone, I am back!!! (✿^∇^)˝∩˝

I apologize that I had to take so long to reorganize my life, however, that is over with, and I am ready to get back up on my feet again. As an apology for making you wait so long, (and a minor cliffhanger *fufufu*), I will dump my concept images and fluff from the A.I.s at the end of the chapter.

Oh, there is one point you will wonder if I am breaking a copyright law, and I made sure that I am in the clear, so everything is A-Okay. As long as I am not deliberately stealing the story and am just mentioning title and characters, I should be fine. 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy! (✿≧ᆺ≦)

Pov Nadia:

I was in my old room, huddled up and reading a book. Turning the page, I giggled, wondering why the main character would tease a porcupine. He was definitely going to regret it.

 

I was about to read the next paragraph to find out what the porcupine does, when a strange sound made me pause.

 

*creak, groooooaaan*

 

I looked at the ceiling, then glanced out the window where a blizzard was raging, wondering if the snow would cause a cave in.

 

*crack!!!*

 

I flinched as the walls and ceiling suddenly cracked, and got up to vacate my room.

 

*glug glug glug*

 

Blood started to gush out of the cracks, causing me to freeze up.

 


 

My eyes snapped open, and I was still seeing blood dripping everywhere.

 

I looked down at my hands, which were drenched in blood.

 

I freaked out and began hyperventilating, feeling trapped as memories of the taste and scent of iron overwhelmed my mind.

 

I felt like I was drowning, and gasped heavily trying to get any air into my lungs.

 

Unable to handle anymore, I curled up into a tight ball and screamed.

 

"-ia! Nadia!"

 

I was being shaken, and catching Zoey's scent, I flung myself into her chest and hugged her tightly for dear life.

 

*Wham!*

 

"What's wrong!"

 

I flinched at the sudden sound as Iris rushed into the room, Ms. Miranda and Laena a few seconds behind.

 

I warily peeked at them with one eye, and  fiercely growled in distress and warning while still desperately grasping on to Zoey in fear.

 

They froze, not wanting to startle me into suddenly attacking in instinctual self defense.

 

I was on overdrive, flinching at every slight sound, baring my canines at whatever possible danger was nearby.

 

I jumped as something brushed my ear, and realizing that it was Zoey, allowed her to continue on cautiously to place her hand on my head.

 

She began stroking me, and feeling her affectionate care, my tension loosened as I slowly surrendered myself into her protective embrace.

 

*tap*

 

I suddenly turned and growled at Iris, who took a tentative step.

 

Zoey quickly rectified the situation, and gently turned my head back towards her.

 

She hugged me against her, and I relented, breathing in her soothing scent.

 

Iris unfroze and she reached into a rainbow rift while muttering, "Didn't think that I will need this so soon after I got it. I'm glad I commissioned this." and suddenly pulled out something.

 

*floof!*

 

Not expecting the foreboding object, Laena and Ms. Miranda jumped back, exclaiming, ""What the heck!!!""

 

I was startled by the noise, and I teleported behind Zoey fearfully as Iris triumphantly held up her prize, which was emitting a dark aura.

 

I felt a resonance with the darkness, which radiated a feeling of comfort and safety.

 

Desperate to hold onto that feeling, especially after what I had been through, I acted without thinking.

 

Before anyone could react, I teleported and snatched it before teleporting onto Zoey's lap.

 

I wrapped my arms around the surprisingly soft black fox plush, and curled up against her chest.

 

Spoiler

Nadia and Nyx

[collapse]

 

Iris awkwardly stood still staring at her empty hands for a moment before shrugging and commenting, "That happened."

 

Ms. Miranda, holding her hand over her heart, nodded while Laena simply agreed, "Yeeeah."

 

Zoey wrapped her arms around me and between her and the plush, my shivering slowly subsided, and tears welled up in my eyes.

 

*hic*

 

I sobbed on Zoey’s shoulder, and she rubbed my back as she tenderly soothed, "It's alright. You are safe now. It is going to be ok."

 

I broke down in tears, relieved to be safe in Zoey's arms, and also mortified that I had another panic attack, which caused everyone to worry about me again.

 

I felt terrible that I had to be taken care of like this over and over, and cursed that I had to be so emotionally weak.

 

I hugged the fox plush tighter as I mewled, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry that you have to see me like this. I am such a useless burden!"

 

Zoey hugged me tightly and softly, but affectionately reprimanded, "You will never be useless, my love."

 

I wailed, "But I keep on being a bother! I keep on causing trouble for everyone, and I hate it! I hate that I am this way!"

 

Zoey stroked my head. She soothed, "You will never be a bother, we understand that this is out of your control, and will never judge you for this. You are safe with us, because we love and care for you."

 

Iris sat beside us, and she placed her hand on my shoulder.

 

Her soft and melodious voice whispered tenderly, "Yeah, we will always be there for you. Recovery always takes time, and even if you aren't able to overcome your trauma, I will still be here."

 

Iris then ruffled my hair and puffed up her chest. "Even if it is something little, you can come to me. I am your big sis. I am always happy to help!"

 

*hehe* I giggled at her theatrics.

 

She planted a kiss on my forehead and booped me on the nose. "You are precious, little sis. Remember that, okaaay~"

 

Sniffing, I wiped off my tears and nodded.

 

Iris smiled, and wrapped her arms around me, and I felt warmth grow in my heart surrounded by Zoey and Iris' tender love.

 

*Graaawwlll!*

 

I looked at Iris, and couldn't help snickering at the angry cub sound her stomach made.

 

Iris blushed, and covered her face with her tail.

 

*ermlermlerml!*

 

I looked down to my own stomach.

 

*awawawa!* I pressed my face into the fox plush, embarrassed.

 

*hehe-* Zoey covered her mouth and stifled a giggle.

 

*Groowrlll!!!*

 

Hearing the tiger roar, our eyes turned to a mortified Zoey.

 

Ms. Miranda and Laena burst out laughing.

 

Tears in her eyes, Ms. Miranda amusedly suggested, "Why don't we get you starving girls something to eat."

 

All of us red with embarrassment and covering our faces sheepishly nodded, before vacating the room quickly to avoid the topic.

 

Behind us, Ms. Miranda and Laena amusedly shook their heads, before following us into the kitchen.

 

"Ah!"

 

Turning to Zoey, I fretted, "What is it?"

 

Zoey closed the fridge and turned to me, and began shuffling in place.

 

Seeing her eyes filled with disappointment and pity, I had a bad feeling that her next words would be tragic.

 

Zoey confirmed my speculation by stating, "We are out of bacon."

 

Iris and I dropped to our knees.

 

It was the end of the world. Ears drooping, Iris and I dramatically lamented, ""Nyoooooo!""

 

Ms. Miranda came out of the pantry, holding a box of pancake mix.

 

Seeing the situation, she smiled fondly while shaking her head. She placed the pancake mix on the counter and came up to us and ruffled our hair.

 

She comforted us. "Don't worry, it is not the end of the world just yet, we can always get more."

 

Ms. Miranda pinched her chin. "I'll tell you what. I should have some beef jerky in my bag. After breakfast, I will go and get it for you two to snack on."

 

Ears perking up, Iris and I asked, ""Really?""

 

Ms. Miranda nodded, "Really."

 

We jumped up in joy, cheering at the prospect of tasty meat.

 

Ms. Miranda giggled, and we went on to finish making breakfast with what we had.

 

After a hearty meal and scrumptious snack, I licked my lips, savoring the aftertaste and leaned against Zoey.

 

"Woah!" Zoey exclaimed. "That plush is very soft. For a moment I thought it was your tail."

 

I looked down and blushed, realizing that I was still holding it.

 

I just squeezed it against me and nodded, not quite ready to let go of it yet. *Nnn*

 

Laena at the other end of the table turned to Iris.

 

Warrily, she asked, "That doll isn't cursed, right?"

 

Iris nodded, and exclaimed, "It is actually the opposite."

 

She elaborated, "Nadia is a goddess of darkness, so anything that deals with it will resonate and bring comfort to her, so that is one of the functions that I asked Arachna to bless it with.

 

This plush is also blessed to protect from bad dreams, because…" she nodded towards me. "Yeah."

 

I tilted my head. "Arachna?"

 

Iris nodded, "Arachna. Deity of spiders, silk, and sewing. She is the one we higher beings of quadrant X-4869 go to when we want to have something extra special tailored. I will bring you to her some time in the future. You will like her, she is very sweet."

 

I just nodded, unsure.

 

Laena pinched the bridge of her nose to fight off another headache. "You know what, it's not my problem anymore."

 

With that, she took a deep breath and relaxed.

 

*clack*

 

My tail floofed up, and I teleported on to Zoey's lap.

 

I snapped my head where the sound came from to see Ms. Miranda at the kitchen sink with our dishes.

 

Zoey wrapped her arms around me. "Are you alright?"

 

Heart pounding, I slowly relaxed my face on Zoey's shoulder.

 

I sighed. "Yeah, just jumpy.

 

Zoey began tracing circles on my back, and I closed my eyes, enjoying the sensation.

 

Zoey whispered, "Anything I can do?"

 

I looked into Zoey's eyes. Shaking my head, I replied, "You are already doing plenty. As long as you are here, I am content."

 

I began purring, as she started scratching behind my ears, and I melted into her arms.

 

I tried to say more, but all I could get out was a childish "Zoeeeeey~" before I was overcome with bliss.

 

"...so-…ne-…ra-..."

 

The heavenly sensation of my ears being scratched stopped, and slowly, I came into focus.

 

I blindly grabbed Zoey’s hand and placed it back on my head, and pouted when she wouldn’t continue.

 

My ears folded back, and I opened my eyes with a wronged expression.

 

*Guh!*

 

Blasted with my pitiful expression, Zoey cried, "That is totally unfair! As much as I would love to continue, we still have some stuff to take care of."

 

I tilted my head, "Like wha-"

 

Noticing the change of view, I quickly glanced around and exclaimed, "Wait, when did we get to the living room? I didn't teleport us, did I?"

 

Zoey giggled. "Wellll~, While you were enjoying your ear scritches, I brought us over here to get more comfortable."

 

"Oh."

 

*pomf!*

 

Iris jumped on the couch beside us.

 

I must have been on cloud nine longer than I thought, because Iris was wearing clothes that would be the last thing to pop up in my mind when it comes to goddesses.

 

She went with a sporty look, with a white crop top, and short shorts.

 

Spoiler

Iris- Foxkin Casual

[collapse]

 

She began staring vacantly at the top of my head, causing me to shift uncomfortably.

 

Unable to take it anymore, I fretted, "What is it? Is something wrong with my hair?"

 

Iris snapped out of her daze. "No, I was just curious what it is like- getting your ears scratched by someone else."

 

I began wagging my tail. 

 

"It is like the most amazing-zingest feeling ever! It's like- liiiiike-" … *hmmmm*.

 

I tilted my head and pinched my chin while trying to come up with words to describe it.

 

Quickly giving up and shrugging, I hit my hand with my fist. "It is completely amazing."

 

Iris tilted her head and gave me an incredulous look. 

 

She giggled, "Nadia, that did not explain anything. Like at all."

 

I pouted. "I can't describe the sensation, except that it is heavenly."

 

Wanting her to understand, I temporarily stored my fox plush with a thought, and patted my lap, "Why don't you rest your head here for a moment so that I can show you."

 

Iris looked at Zoey, then at me, unsure.

 

Zoey gave a reassuring smile and gestured that she didn't mind, while I softly consoled, "Don't worry, I will be very gentle."

 

Tentatively, she rested her head on my lap.

 

Very carefully, I began to scratch behind her ear.

 

For a second Iris' eyes widened as she exclaimed "Oh! Wow, … indeed it… issss… nyiiiice~"

 

She trailed off and began purring as she melted into my lap and contentedly closed her eyes.

 

*hehe*

 

I smiled fondly as I continued pampering Iris. I could see why Zoey enjoyed it when I purred.

 

Not only was it cute, but the slight vibrations and sound was very soothing as well.

 

Zoey brightened up when she saw my genuine smile, and placed her hand between my ears and began massaging my scalp, causing me to melt on her shoulder as I purred in satisfaction.

 

*ca-click!*

 

I snapped my eyes open to see Ms. Miranda across the room.

 

She was holding her watch in front of her face, and a screen was floating above it, with a mirror image of… ourselves.

 

Realizing that a picture was taken of us, I froze, shocked.

 

Iris tried to get up, but couldn't with how relaxed her muscles were.

 

She just flopped a thumbs up. "Nice one, Can you send me that one later?"

 

Ms. Miranda giggled. "Of course~!"

 

"Nyooooo!" I finally reacted and buried my face into Zoey's chest while covering myself in a cloud of darkness, even though the deed was already done.

 

Giggling, Zoey pat me on the head, and whispered, "Camera shy?"

 

I just nodded, and squeezed harder, trying not overworry myself over how the picture came out.

 

Zoey tapped me twice on the back. "Can't… breathe."

 

I quickly let go of her and held her shoulders, fretting, "Are you ok?"

 

Zoey took a deep breath. "Yeah."

 

I sighed, and summoned my plush so that I could squeeze that instead.

 

Instantly a comforting feeling washed over me, and I rested my head on her shoulder.

 

Zoey placed her hand on my back. "Are you going to be alright?"

 

I nodded. *Nnn*

 

I dissipated my darkness in order for Zoey to see that I was fine.

 

Not liking her worried face, I decided to distract her by softly asking, "Earlier, you mentioned that we needed to take care of some stuff?"

 

Zoey's attractive serious face returned, and she nodded.

 

"Yeah, while you were distracted, we discussed about what we have to do today."

 

I blushed, having missed an important conversation.

 

Zoey pat me twice on the head.

 

"It's ok, it wasn't anything truly important, or I would have made sure that you got a say as well."

 

I just nodded.

 

Zoey continued to explain what was decided.

 

"Laena needs to take care of business at Hero HQ, so she is going to stop by her place before she heads there, and she says she doesn't know when she will be returning, and may stay a night."

 

I nodded. I felt bad that Laena had to be busy with all the trouble caused by me… and Iris… and Princess Liliana… and that poophead- 'What happened to him anyway?'.

 

Really, she needed to get a break, and I hope she got one soon.

 

Zoey began tracing circles on my back. "Ms. Miranda offered to go shopping with us, and afterwards we will stop by her café for a treat."

 

My tail wagged as I drooled, already imagining the deliciousness we will have.

 

I teleported up, leaving Iris' head to fall in Zoey's lap as I excitedly cheered, "What are we waiting for, let's go!"

 

Iris giggled, and excitedly hopped up as well, exclaiming, "I'll come too!"

 

Zoey shook her head before standing up and wiping the drool from the corner of my mouth with her thumb.

 

Quickly we went to my room.

 

Zoey followed Iris' example, and changed into sporty clothes as well.

 

She went with a white sleeveless crop top, lined with blue stripes, and a matching white mini skirt.

 

Spoiler

Zoey

[collapse]

 

She giggled when she caught me appreciating her looks, and I blushed and hastily rummaged through my drawers for my own outfit.

 

I found a tube top with matching sleeves, and a pair of short shorts.

 

I quickly changed and set my fox plush down on my bed, and pinched my chin while I studied my plush for a second to think of a good name for it.

 

Zoey came up and placed her hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump.

 

Zoey giggled. "What are you thinking about so hard?"

 

I blushed, and meekly replied "A name."

 

Zoey hugged me from behind and placed her chin on my shoulder. "Have you come up with one?"

 

I turned redder. "I was thinking either Shadow or Nyx."

 

"Cute." Zoey whispered.

 

*hmm* "How about Nyx, it's a cute name… Also it is very fitting for a divinely crafted plush."

 

I nodded, muttering "Nyx" under my breath a few times to get a feel for it.

 

I beamed a smile and picked her up, imitating Rafiki holding Simba from the Lion King. "Nyx she shall be!!!"

 

I squealed and bounced excitedly a couple times while hugging Nyx close to me and turned to face Zoey.

 

Spoiler

Nadia and Nyx

[collapse]

 

*guh* "Too adorable." Zoey placed her hands over her heart.

 

I froze, realizing how childishly I just acted; however, I didn't want to let go of Nyx. So, I settled for hiding my face behind Nyx.

 

*uuuuu*

 

Zoey rubbed my back. "There there, everything will be ok."

 

I just nodded.

 

"Zoey, Nadia, are you two lovebirds ready?!"

 

Zoey and I blushed at Iris' teasing voice, and we quickly finished getting ready and rushed out to the front door, where everyone was waiting.

 

Attention zeroing in on Nyx, Iris smiled fondly.

 

She came up and ruffled my recently brushed hair, causing me to pout.

 

"I take it that you are enjoying your new plush?"

 

I meekly nodded with my tail betraying how much I loved it.

 

Iris smugly nodded to herself happy to see my satisfaction with her gift.

 

*snap!*

 

"Oh! Before I forget, insert some of your power right here." Iris pointed to where the heart would be on the plush.

 

Curious, I tilted my head. "Why?"

 

*guh* Iris placed a hand over her heart, and after a second, answered, "It is to bind it to you. Should you ever lose your plush, you can summon it. It will also be automatically summoned should- … a panic attack happen, even when it is in your personal storage.

 

Also, it will gain your indestructiveness so that nothing can happen to it."

 

She placed her hand on her forehead. "What else was there… Oh! The dream protection blessing won't work unless it is bound to you, so I do suggest that you bind to it as soon as possible."

 

Hearing all that the plush was capable of, I realized that Iris put a lot of thought and care into her gift.

 

Tearing up, I glomped into her, softly muttering, "Thanks."

 

Iris smiled, and returned my hug. "Anything for you, sis."

 

I quickly did as she said and inserted some of my power into Nyx, and I felt a link between us form.

 

I gave a thumbs up, letting Iris know that it worked, and she sighed in relief.

 

Zoey came up and gave me a side hug.

 

I looked up into her eyes, and taking a deep breath, said, "Ok, I am ready to go now."

 

"With Nyx out?" Zoey gently asked.

 

I squeezed Nyx harder and nodded. *Nnn*

 

I reached out with one hand to grab Zoey's, and then asked, "How are we traveling out of here? Walking or teleportation?"

 

After discussing it for a while, we decided on teleportation, with Ms. Miranda mentioning that the forest's atmosphere was a little too much for her to handle.

 

Gathering into a circle and making sure everyone was holding each other's hands, I teleported us into Ms. Miranda’s café.

 

Laena placed her hand on my shoulder. "Well, I guess this is where we part.  Until next time."

 

"Until next time." I returned.

 

After everyone said their farewells, Laena left the building, entering… a hover limo? Wait! Wasn’t that Agent Warner and Agent Truman just now?

 

I shook my head, and they were off before I could get a better look.

 

"You ok?" Zoey asked.

 

"Yeah." I whispered.

 

I grabbed Zoey’s hand. "Sooo, shopping?"

 

Zoey nodded. "Shopping. … Affffter Ms. Miranda finishes settling down and checking her café."

 

"Why don't we help, so that we can finish much faster."

 

Zoey agreed with a head nod. "Ok."

 

After helping Ms. Miranda finish inventorying her storage and throwing out bad ingredients, we headed to the nearest department store to do our shopping.

 

As soon as we entered, a child shouted. "Look, it is S-Rank Zoey Grimm! I knew she didn't die!!!"

 

Everyone's eyes turned to us.

 

After a moment of silence, all hell broke loose.

 

We were surrounded, and anxious and angry people were shouting questions over each other, demanding to know what the heck was going on.

 

A lady got shoved. Losing balance, she fell, scraping her arm on a shelf, and some blood splattered on to my arm.

 

Zoey cursed.

 

I froze as my mind lost focus of the surroundings and zeroed in on the sensations of the blood slowly dripping down my arm feeling like it was leaving a burning trail.

 

I lost it, and screamed and curled up as my surroundings changed into a small room, blood dripping everywhere, trapping me in my memory.

 

Nyx started glowing with a violet color, and a soothing calmness flowed into me, pushing against the fear just enough for me to snap out of my delusion.

 

Realizing I was not actually trapped, the bloody walls cracked with a blinding flash, and I found myself in Zoey's arms, as she rushed through one of Iris' portals, bringing us into Ms. Miranda’s café.

 

The first thing Zoey did when she arrived, was bring me to the kitchen, where she rapidly turned on the sink and began scrubbing my arm.

 

I focused on Zoey’s beautiful eyes, unable to bring myself to pay any attention to my arm.

 

While she finished, I closed my eyes and pressed my head on her shoulder, drawing in her reassuring scent.

 

"T-thanks." I quietly stammered.

 

Zoey paused, realizing that I was lucid.

 

Zoey shook the water off her hand and wiped it on her skirt before tenderly tracing my jaw, studying my expression to see what state I was in.

 

She sighed. "No problem."

 

I relaxed my tensed muscles, and began shivering uncontrollably.

 

Zoey held me close, humming a soothing melody as I took deep breaths, trying to calm down my rapidly beating heart.

 

Ms. Miranda placed her hand on Zoey’s shoulder, with Iris hovering with concern beside her.

 

Zoey paused her humming and turned to Ms. Miranda. "Yeah?"

 

Ms. Miranda softly asked, "Anything I can do?"

 

Zoey shook her head and shrugged. "We just have to wait it out."

 

Ms. Miranda nodded and pinched her chin for a moment.

 

Thinking of something Ms. Miranda mentioned, "There should be some ice cream in the freezer. Would you like any?"

 

My ears perked up at the mention of ice cream, while Zoey fretted, "Isn't that part of the product you sell? Wouldn't that hurt your business?"

 

Ms. Miranda gave Zoey a mock incredulous look. "Honey, I have had a warrant appear for my arrest.

 

Even if I didn't do anything wrong and had my name cleared, it is inevitable that my business will suffer for a while."

 

"Woops." Zoey muttered. Guiltily she added, "Sorry for bringing that up."

 

Seeing my ears drooped, Ms. Miranda rapidly waved her hands. "That was just me being sarcastic. There is no need to worry yourselves about that. That is for me to deal with."

 

In a cheery voice she insisted, "How about we go and fill ourselves with some comfort food? That should bring our spirits up."

 

My tail began to wag slightly, and I shyly nodded along with Zoey. Iris bounced a couple times and excitedly exclaimed "Sure!!!", drowning out Zoey's okay.

 

Ms. Miranda giggled and rubbed her hands. "Alright, let me see what I can cook up."

 

Zoey brought us out to the dining area while Ms. Miranda got to work, and after a couple moments, a heavenly smell filled the air.

 

Zoey took a napkin and wiped the drool coming from the corner of my mouth, bringing my attention to her.

 

I just snuggled against her for comfort, as we waited in silence for Ms. Miranda to finish.

 

I warrily perked up and began wagging my tail as soon as I realized that it was Ms. Miranda who came through the door, carrying our plates on a tray.

 

Seeing Iris and I impatiently bouncing in place, Ms. Miranda giggled. "Alright, food is ready."

 

Iris and I cheered, and Zoey giggled right behind me.

 

I reached out a shaky arm, and pouted in frustration as my hand kept missing the fork in front of me as I kept trying to grab it.

 

I growled, upset that my body wasn't working properly.

 

Before I could throw a fit in my frustration, Zoey took pity, and gently grasped my wrist, bringing my eyes welled with frustrated tears to turn towards her.

 

Giving me a squeeze of reassurance, Zoey affectionately kissed my forehead, then softly asked, "Do you want me to feed you?"

 

I meekly nodded, and she began cutting my food into bite sized pieces as I agonizingly watched every move.

 

She speared one of the bites, and my tail wagged in anticipation of what was to come.

 

"Open wide."

 

I complied, and opened my mouth for Zoey to slowly bring the food closer to my mouth.

 

Impatient, I brought my mouth the rest of the way and chomped the food off of the fork.

 

I closed my eyes, and groaned in satisfaction, as I savored the taste.

 

As soon as it was gone, I opened eyes, and then my mouth, as I excitedly wagged my tail as I looked forwards to the next bite.

 

Zoey giggled. "I take it that you like the food?"

 

I closed my mouth and nodded. *Nnn*

 

After giggling some more at my reaction, she speared a few more bites and fed them to me, and soon I was purring in bliss.

 

A couple bites later, Iris, who had just finished eating, sat beside us and interrupted, "May I feed Nadia a few bites too? This is just too adorable to pass up."

 

I pouted and folded my ears back as the food stopped coming, causing Iris and Zoey's hearts to skip a beat.

 

*guh*

 

Iris giggled and with Zoey's consent, took the fork from her.

 

My tail wagged as she brought a bite closer, and I happily nommed on it, causing her to squeal in ecstasy.

 

Zoey amusedly shook her head at Iris' antics, and gushed over me as they took turns feeding me.

 

After I was filled up, I suddenly let out a yawn, very sleepy all of a sudden.

 

Zoey stroked my head affectionately. "Tired?"

 

I nodded, and stretched to get up. We still had things to take care of, even if I wasn't in the right state to do so.

 

I tried to get up, but turned to Zoey and tilted my head in confusion as she firmly held me against her, refusing to let me get up.

 

Confused, I asked, "Don't we still have to take care of some things? We still need to get more food."

 

Zoey cradled me against her and poked my forehead.

 

"That doesn't matter at the moment. We will figure that out. You, however, need to get some rest."

 

I yawned, but still protested, "But, but-… it is important, and I need-"

 

Zoey interrupted me with a kiss, causing my mind to go blank.

 

After pulling back she whispered, "We will probably just end up using Drone Deliveries to bring us what we need. Everything is covered, you can rest easy."

 

I completely forgot about there being a delivery service, then internally pouted as I remembered that I couldn't get them to deliver anything to my place in the forest when I tried to test it out.

 

I acceded, relaxing into Zoey's arms.

 

Sleepily, I yawned, "Alright."

 

Shifting to get more comfortable,  I whispered, "Love you."

 

Zoey kissed me on the forehead. "Love you too."

 

I snuggled Nyx closer and drifted off, trusting that everything will work out ok.

As I mentioned, sorry for the cliffhanger.

Now here is some fluff!!! (Caution, long. Some images may take some time to load.)

Spoiler

Nadia, including the image used for my new title page!

Nadia

Nadia- New Title Page

I did take someone's advice and somehow produced a nine tail version of Nadia, just to see how it would look. I don't know if I will ever be able to replicate these kinds of results, though.

Nadia- True Kitsune

Now for Iris!!!

Iris- Night Gown

Iris- Cute

Chibi Iris

And finally, Zoey's Foxkin Form

Zoey- Fox Hero

Zoey in the City

Zoey- City Night

Zoey

Here is a Bonus, Zoey and Nadia Together!

Zoey and Nadia, Holding Hands

And that is the end of the list. I did have a few hentai images, however, I am evil and will not show it to y'all. *muahahaha*

 

J.K., I would be banned from this site if I did that, so I might post a link with FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY, 18+, or something like that in one of the next chapters. Hope you enjoyed!!!

(✿≧ᆺ≦)

[collapse]

50