Chapter 2: Fragmented Memory – The Past I
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(' ') : are for when a person is thinking or saying inwardly

////////// : These represent past / MC's memories 

After agreeing with Iseria to take shelter nearby, they quickly set out in that direction.

"What a weird sensation I'm feeling right now," the boy mumbled to himself. "It feels familiar, but also unfamiliar."

Iseria interrupted his thoughts, saying, "You know, you should take it easy.

'What do you mean 'take it easy'? You've lost your memories. Past or present, you don't know anything about yourself. How can you take it easy'

Upon taking a closer look at the girl the boy felt hypnotised

'I didn't looked at very clearly before but she is really gorgeous unlike her personality. She had Greenish long hair with sharp golden eyes which illuminate in the night like a star, she also has... Pointed ears ? I don't think i had seen anyone with pointed ears yet so it must be rare 

Or it maybe because I have lost my memory...'

Iseria, seeing that the boy didn't reply, kept quiet and quickened her pace until she reached a nearby inn labeled as "Lumber." Despite its high-class appearance, the inn was surprisingly affordable due to the expensive hardwood used in its construction, which could only be found in the Cerium forest.

"Would you like to stay the night, ma'am?" the receptionist asked.

"Yes, please arrange two rooms for us and some spare clothing," Iseria replied.

"Understood," the receptionist responded.

The boy was confused, 'Is this what people consider an inn?' He wondered, 'And the language used here is also unfamiliar, but I can understand and speak it easily. What is going on?'

She turned to the boy and said, "Hey, could you wait outside for a minute? I need to fill out some paperwork, and then I'll call you back in."

The boy nodded, "Okay."

The boy was lost in thought when suddenly, 

*BUMP*

he was bumped into by a muscular man. The impact caused the boy to fall onto the ground, landing on his bottom.

"Hey, you idiot! Can't you see where you're going?" the muscular man snarled.

The boy replied, "Wasn't it you who bumped into me, and now you're calling me an idiot?"

The muscular man laughed, "Oh, you have a sharp tongue. I wonder how much I could get for it if I cut it out and sold it."

"It wouldn't be worth much, coming from someone as pathetic as you," the boy shot back.

"What did you say to me?!?" The muscular man was furious, his anger boiling over.

"It seems you can't even listen properly. Are you deaf too? I can't believe there's someone as pathetic as you living here," the boy said sarcastically.

The muscular man drew his sword from its sheath, "You're done!" he yelled as he swung the blade at the boy.

'Holy sh*t wtf! Why did I even provoked such a muscular guy in the first place, My tongue seems to act on its own, even when I don't mean to say something

And now 

'Im gonna die'

'Im gonna die'

'Im gonna die'

'Im gonna die'

'IM GONNA DIE'!!

*RATTLE*

suddenly in an instant the boy got a sharp headache and...

"Agh!" The boy groans in agony as he clutches his head, then he passes out.

"What's happening to him? I haven't even touched him yet," the muscular man whispers to himself.

"Wait, what's going on?!?"

*BANG*

The muscular man is suddenly knocked down by an unseen force.

 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

*IN A UNIDENTIFIED AREA*

"Sis! What happened? Why are you covered in blood?" The boy exclaimed in shock, he appeared to be around 8 years old with black hair and black eyes.

"Listen Atti, you need to run or you may not see me again," the girl replied seriously, she appeared to be around 12 years old and was very beautiful with the same black hair and eyes as the boy. However, at the moment she looked like a devil eager to kill. Her entire dress was soaked in blood.

"But S-Sis, Mother and Father will save us, I'm sure," the boy said with hope.

"Ha-ha-ha!" The sister laughed at his words.

"Sis, why are you laughing?" The boy asked in fear.

"It's nothing... Listen, Atti, you need to run and not look back. And never, ever look up, just run straight to the woods. Do you understand?" His sister spoke in a serious tone.

"Okay," the boy nodded in agreement.

"Good boy," the girl patted his head.

"Now run.

Three...

Two...

*BANG* *ROAR* 

A loud roar echoed from a nearby location, capable of frightening even the bravest warriors and making many people urinate in fear.

*Swoosh*

Suddenly, a terrifying creature appears before them. It was massive, with big teeth, red skin, and eyes that could even scare the gods. The creature had four arms with sharp claws and two legs.

In an instant, it blinked in my direction and lunged for my neck, leaving me no time to react.

In those microseconds, my eight years of life flashed before me. I remembered my parents, my friends, and my loving and supportive sister who stood by me even though I lacked an elemental ability.

*IN A PARK*

"Tch! How useless can you be? You can't even possess basic elements, and you call yourself the son of a Duke? Even my janitor is stronger than you," said an arrogant boy haughtily, who had a well-built physique and shining blonde hair.

"Yes, Master Eldrod is right," echoed a chorus of voices.

"You don't even meet the minimum standards to live as the son of a Duke," added another voice.

"Oh, didn't you know he's adopted? That's why," chimed in yet another voice.

"Will you always live in your sister's shadow?" asked the first voice.

"Yes, my sister Jane Grey was amazing, unlike me. She created her own sword art and was the youngest person to possess a rare elemental power, Cryokinesis, on this continent," I thought to myself.

"I can never match her greatness." I sighed.

--------

*IN A DIFFERENT PLACE*

"I used to avoid her because I was envious of her talents, even though she always talked to me despite my rude behavior." He thought to himself

"Eventually, I asked her why she was so kind to me when I didn't have any talent in sword arts or magic. I was just a nerd who loved reading books," he continued inwardly 

"Why ? do I need a reason to talk to my cute brother?" She replied.

He was taken aback when she called him cute and after some reflection, he apologized for his behavior.

"It's okay, it's not your fault," she comforted him. "I know you'll awaken your element, whether it be now or in the future."

Despite not sharing any blood, she trusted him without reason. He found it strange, considering he was adopted into the family.

Thinking of everything happened so far 

'Is this how it ends ?'

In an blink of an eye 

"Host's life is in danger... Does host want to Consume all stats to awaken"

'what a strange voice am I also going crazy in this final moment... And what does it mean by awakening is it an element?'

'Correct host'

'W-wait it can hear my thoughts ?'

'Yes host i can hear them although we can have this conversation at anytime i would recommend you to hurry up and choose a element of awakening"

'An element which can help me right now is only one'

'I choose Psychokinesis'

'Roger host, commencing and injecting information to your head about psychokinesis'

Here are the required information about Psychokinesis:

Psychokinesis(Rank S) (CD NA): Upon consuming mana, the user gains the ability to move objects by mental effort alone

'This is only basic information and host need to research in it to unlock more functions' 

'Got it but how do I throw that creature ?'

'Host should just think deeply to throw away the creature

But host don't have enough strength to thrown away an 

(S Rank Demon) So i have additional feature which can help you'

'So it was a (S Rank) figures that it is so fast that I cannot even see it' 

'So what can you do to help me' the boy asked 

'The system will use all of the user's stats to increase STR and hit chance to the maximum limit which can atleast throw away the creature from host

You'll be very weak after this so the host need to run as soon as possible as I'll go into forced slumber as i don't have enough SP to wake up. The system has predicted the chances of survival are only 10% '

'Okay do it' 

'CONSUMING ALL STATS

TASK SUCCESSFUL

INCREASING USER'S STR & HIT CHANCE BY MAXIMUM

TASK SUCCESSFUL

ENGAGING WITH THE (S RANK BUER)'

*THUMP* 

My heart was racing as I felt every emotion, but all I could think of survival. I reached out my hand towards the terrifying creature, its bottomless eyes seeming to promise death in an instant. The thought of facing the (S Rank Buer), the monster that destroyed my family and my state, filled me with dread. Yet, strangely, I felt no fear. Nothing at all.

As I recall that the system thing has helped me 

It calms me down so 

At the same time his sister chimed in 

"Atticius!!!" his sister tried to cut down the demon with her sword but she has late

'Just Push'

"Just Push"

*BANG*

With a sudden jolt, the creature is forced forward by an invisible force, traveling far through the woodland. The impact leaves a trail of broken trees and circular craters in its wake.

His sister looked very surprised by this 

"Wait, that was Psychokinesis! Atti has finally awakened his own power. It's a joyous event. However, we need to flee now. Atti may have thrown the creature a mile away, but it can reappear within seconds. Furthermore, Atti looks like he may faint at any moment," she thought.

"Atti, that was amazing! You just showed me something incredible!" His sister embraced him tightly.

"Sis?" Atticius exclaimed, but he was too exhausted to do anything else. He could only rely on his sister now. He soon lost consciousness as she threw herself into his embrace.

"Atti!!" His sister cried out, as she saw his pale face. She started rubbing it to revive him.

"We must escape," she said in a serious tone, as she picked up her brother and placed him on her back. The girl then started running towards the forest.

However, they were unaware that the Demon was close behind them and they failed to sense his presence.

//////////////////

Iseria who had filled her paperwork to stay over at in 

Finally comes out to call the boy 

*Yawn

The girl stretched her muscles, but was soon distracted by the sounds of commotion in the distance. Not knowing what had happened, she approached a bystander and asked, "Excuse me, what is causing all the noise over there?"

The bystander replied, "I'm not sure, but it appears that there was a disagreement between a boy and a muscular man, which resulted in both of them losing consciousness."

Someone in the crowd chimed in, "How could a skinny boy defeat such a large, muscular man?"

Another person interjected, "Even if he had elemental powers, it's still surprising that he was able to knock out a C-rank adventurer."

Someone else asked, "Yes, but why did he also get knocked out?"

The bystander shrugged, "I don't know."

Hearing all of this, Iseria remembered that she had not heard of the boy before. She asked the bystander, "Sir, was the boy with black hair and black eyes?"

A bystander heard Iseria and immediately replied, "Yes, yes. That boy had a unique hair color. I'm sure he had the specifications you mentioned."

Iseria thanked the man, saying, "Thank you, sir!"

"I'm going to kill you, blacky! fufu. You dared to cause so much trouble in just one day. You're going to pay a hefty price," she muttered to herself.

Iseria then asked the crowd, "But where is he?"

A person nearby answered, "The security officers came and took him in for questioning."

Iseria exclaimed, "Dammit, those security officers!"

She then hurriedly excused herself, saying, "I think I have to go. Bye!"

Someone in the crowd commented, "Hey, that girl was very lovely."

Another person jokingly asked, "Did you develop a crush on her? I'm going to tell your wife, fufu."

The first person responded, "No, no. It's just her aura or maybe because of her hair. But why does she wear a hood?"

The second person scolded the first person, saying, "Shush! You talk too much. I think I have to tell your wife."

The first person panicked, saying, "Wait! I'm not [in love with her]!"

Amongst the crowd, a girl whispers to herself, 'Gotcha! Now you can't escape! Haha.' And she quickly disappears into the shadows.

 

1