Chapter 2 An Unexpected Event
420 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After declaring his wish to train while Adrianna is collecting the sacrifices Lucas needs for his advancement.  

Lucas planned to only bother himself with important matters, like other nobles visiting or social events and news, especially related to imperial family and his immediate neighbors.

However, 6th Day after his declaration, when he and lauren were sparring. His subordinate and brother-in-law Nova appeared with a troubled face and requested to privately speak with him.

Lucas objected, pointing at Lauren right hand back that had a light blue 'CF01/50' written on it with his eyes.

Nova shook his head and muttered,"Alone."

"Ok. Lauren, we are done for now. I will call for you if I feel like training more. Nova, what is it?." Lucas threw the training sword he had away and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Lucas looked at Nova like he would beat him to death if it was something unimportant and not worth his time.

Nova gulped like he was about to admit a grave mistake even through he didn't want to but had no choice,"Brother-in-law......i-......yeste-..."Just say it at once and be done with it. Did you make another mess like last time with Baron Runcandle wife and need me to clean up? Who was it this time?"Lucas frowned, shaking it head 'This brother-in-law of mine is too troublesome but his fighting ability is worth the trouble.' 

"it's.......it's nothing like that. Actually, a group of kidnapped villagers were rescued during transportation. The individuals transporting them were being led by an A-Rank, all the members were at B or C-Rank. We received request for reinforcement as soon as the attack started and nearest team reached the place of conflict in just 15 minutes." Nova face and tone turned gloomy and series,"The battle was already over. There were traces of multiple people moving south, in direction of Capital City of Frost territory. There were only corpse of our people left. A 40-people team wiped out with 1 A-Rank, 8 B-Rank and 30 C-Ranks in just 15 minutes with all seemingly cut by sword."

"After investigating we found traces of Sun God Divine Power on wounds. Which means it was either someone with a Divine Sword or a member of Church, Envoy most likely since other powerful members rarely step out of cities. With how fast battle was finished and how that person didn't bother hiding traces. I am inclined to believe my later hypothesis. As such, I ordered the team to not try to pry into it and also told them to temporarily stop the plan and lay low until contacted again."

Lucas,"Fuck! Faaaaaaaakkkkkkk!!! Huff!......I really should have listened to Adrianna and done it the slow way."

"Wait.......you said 40 man team but it don't add up 1+8+30 is 39."

"Yes. One of 9 B-Ranks is missing and it is one of the two things we should be worrying about right now."

"Another thing is an Envoy of Sun God Church is here and requested to meet you, Arnold."

Lucas gulped with nervousness, worry filled his face 'no. no. It can't be. It can't be. I am a fucking transmigrator. Nova must be joking. This was supposed to be my 1st step in World Domination.'

An Envoy of Sun God Temple came to his Mansion and requested to meet him like this suddenly. 

'Is it because I raised that spy flag. Has that bastard who was catch expose that I and Adrianna are behind them to Envoy. No, there is no way. He shouldn't even know our identities. I am supposed to be the Final Boss of this continent, no way in hell my luck is so bad. So what is that Envoy here for? No way he somehow traced all this to me and is here to kill me in name of greater good, right? right?.' Lucas emotions were complex. He was suspicion, nervous, fearful, despaired.

Forgot everything else, he couldn't even think straight. His thoughts kept turning more and more random and chaotic.

'Envoy is a special title in Sun God Church. Every Envoy is allowed to roam the world with occasional missions from Church.' 

'These mission are more often than not investigating unusual things happening around world.' 

'The Envoys almost never die during investigations since all Envoys are SS-Rank and no matter where they go they receive support of local powers and church personnels present in that region.'

Having too much knowledge can sometimes be a burden like it was being for Lucas right now. Especially when you aren't used to think under pressure or know value, management and utilization of information. 

He had after all been in this world only for 3 weeks + 5 days. Even if he had Arnold Frost memories and experience. He wasn't him. He was still in process of adapting.  His way of thinking was still different from natives of his new world.

He was unable to stay calm when it mattered.

Fortunately for him, he had Nova to take care of him.

9