Chapter 3 Reason Behind Envoy Visit
272 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nova,"Arnold, get a hold over yourself. Things might not be as bad as you think."

Arnold gritted his teeth with a struggling expression,"What do you mean?"

Nova,"I don't think he knows or even suspects we are the ones behind kidnapping of those villagers. Much less our whole plan."

Arnold expression was full of bewilderment and he asked in confusion,"Then why was your expression so bad? I thought we were caught."

Nova sighed and shook his head with a disappointed expression,"You know how much I  hate leaving behind loose ends. I wanted to investigate that missing member and kill him so we will have less things to worry about, though I guess that will be useless now. Since he might already have had his memories searched. Hmm, now that I think of it even that will be no threat since the amount of information he would be privy to according to his Rank is very low. Even better, our only base of operation he knew about has already been disbanded just yesterday by sister. Everyone was ordered to lay-low until contacted first. She sure is amazing. "

".......y–yo–you. sigh" Lucas shook his head with helplessness and next moment he was flooded with relief.

'In the Game Adrianna and Nova were my right-hand woman and man, handling all tasks perfectly. Adrianna was the planner while Nova was our guard. Lauren commanded a 38 people team with 19 men and 19 women excluding her.

'This cautiousness must be why Arnold was able to stay a Hidden Boss, still bastard made me worry for nothing. He needs to be punished for it.'

Nova added with a disappointed face,"I wanted to kill them all just in case but she didn't let me, saying that will be too much of a waste."

'What are you? Some blood loving menace!? I shouldn't delude myself. There is nothing I can do to him.'

Lucas massaged his head and asked,"Then why is the Envoy here?"

"Don't know, said he will only talk to you."

Lucas sighed again. He decided to just go with the flow and not think too much,"Come with me just in case....you will be able to handle him right?"

Nova replied with confidence and pride,"Of course. Even if I am 1 Rank lower. I can kill him just fine but I will have to rest for atleast 6 months or more depending on how long he will last."

Lucas,"Lead the way."

------------------------------

Year 901

Count Frost Mansion, Gracia Kingdom

Guest Room 3

------------------------------

A figure fully covered in White Robe sat on one of two couches placed face-to-face.

On back of his Robe, there was a symbol of Sun in Gold colour. It was the standard Robe of Sun God Church that it's members wear all the time.

"Count Arnold Frost of Gracia Kingdom, greets Sir Divine Envoy of Sun God Church."

From behind him came a voice. The Envoy stood up, turned and returned the greeting,"Newly Promoted Envoy of Sun God Church, Alexander Arpina greets Count Arnold Frost of the Gracia Kingdom."

"Huhu, for Sir Envoy to add Newly Promoted. Does Sir Envoy mean you are currently in middle of your 1st mission  and you are here to request help?" Arnold asked calmly but inwardly he was surprised. 

'Alexander!!! Is he just someone with same name or the one who posse–"Ah! Yes. I my currently on my 1st mission to establish my fame. However, I am not here to request support as my mission is in Adenca Kingdom. I am here to inform you of something unpleasant I happened to have come across during my travel."

Lucas thoughts were disrupted but he was relieved by Alexander reply.

Arnold asked with an amused tone"Ho! What might have displeased you, Envoy?"

'Is this my inner noble acting up? Being Rude to him cause he was disrespectful enough to talk like everything is normal while not even showing his face and jumping straight to work?'

Envoy replied plainly,"Kidnapping? Beating people unconscious? Raping? Forced Slavery? what of them have I not seen in your territory? Just how are you managing your territory. If you can't take care o–"Envoy Alexander, are you accusing me of being incompetent and unable to manage my territory. I, who was awarded the best territory management award 10 years ago." Arnold shouted at him.

'No wonder, most nobles were difficult to interact with when playing as Alexander Arpina. This man is just too blunt and don't understand how his words can be misinterpret. Let's see if I can use this to fight with him and drive him away. Out of all playable characters. I want to avoid him the most, because of his techniques 'Sacrifice of A Noble Hero' and 'Power of Righteousness'.'

Alexander replied like he was stating a fact"Not you. Your father was. It wouldn't have happened if he was here."

Arnold shouted at him again"Let me tell you what would have happened if he was here. Your head would be rolling on ground right now for disrespecting his son like this if he was here. If not for that damn war 5 years ago."

Alexander,"As if he would dare do that."

Arnold huffed loudly and disappeared. 

Alexander too took a deep breath and turned back and sat again. 

On crouch opposite to him sat Arnold with a frown and Nova standing beside him with an emotionless face.

'I guess I was expecting too much from him. He indeed don't have pride or just didn't understand why I argued with him. Dense and shameless like a typical fantasy world protagonist indeed.'

"Say, what are the locations of crimes and who are the perpetrators and then BEGONE, you rude imbecile."

"Wh–...What did I even do or say for you to be so angry?"Alexander shuttered. 

After staring at each other for some minutes in silence. 

Alexander broke the silence,"Count Frost. I am sorry for any disrespect. I am not used to way of nobles."

He continued"Because of my past, I hate slavery but Gracia Kingdom is the only Kingdom where it is banned so I couldn't bear some evildoers forcing innocent villagers in slavery and killed them near Orc Battleground."

Arnold,"Since you have already taken care of the prepetrators. Why are you here?"

"Since I killed someone in your territory, the least I must do is inform you of their deaths. Additionally, one of them told me they belong some organization called 'Collectors'. Maybe hoping I will let him live in exchange of information."

Arnold,"Then, is he alive?"

"No."

Arnold,"What else did he say about the organization?"

"He said he don't know when the organization was formed or how big it is but said it's secrecy is top-tier. He has only ever heard rumors about the organization head, called 'The Collector' being a high-rank noble women."

"All teams are provided their own hideouts/bases. Thier mission are usually to kidnap merchants or adventures or mercenary teams and transport them."

"This was the 1st time, they were tasked to kidnap an entire village."

Arnold said looking serious and angry"Missing merchants and adventures,huh? I will look into it. I don't want to admit but you have done well. Nova, investigate it personally after our dear Envoy is gone."

Alexander denied straightforwardly,"No need, I will show myself out later."

Arnold,"Don't worry Envoy Alexander. In the war 5 yes. ago my people have suffered much. I would make sure this Evil Organization is destroyed. "

Alexander stood up threw a communication stone at Nova and said,"Keep me updated. I am always waiting to help." And left.

Nova,"Do you think he will try to investigate it personally too?"

Arnold shook his head,"I guess he was not as dense as I thought. Most likely, he wouldn't try to investigate. If he wanted to investigate he would have done it secretly since he asked us to do it instead it must mean whatever this mission of his in Adenca Kingdom is. He consider it more important than whatever is happening here."

Nova nodded,"I guess. So, what will we do now?"

Arnold laughed,"Hasten the plan. Once we are done with my Advancement. Tell him we have eradicated 'Collectors'."

Nova"Alright. After telling sister to get things done faster I will help out the teams. See you at Mervix's place."

With that Nova also left, leaving Arnold sitting alone,"Ahh! Fuck.......so tiring. Fuck World Domination. I should just become a powerhouse and live quietly in my own Paradice like Mervix."

8