Chapter 7 Traveling
115 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guys, please point out any mistakes/ plotholes/ questions.

Gracia Kingdom 

Count Frost Territory 

Merbix Village 

In one of houses

---------------------------------

'He is going completely off-track. Good thing we changed our plan already.' Merbix thought while silently listening to Lucas with an unreadable expression occasionally looking at the mirror showing Adrianna and Nova sitting together on a couch with speechless expressions.

There were multiple reasons, Arnold renaming himself Lucas and his wish to start traveling around Continent alone were just two of them.

"You just became an S-Rank. Don't be so hasty. There are many dangers in this world you aren't ready for just yet. Not to mention you haven't even gotten used to your new power." Nova dissuaded him.

Lucas tried to argue"C'mon. There are so many people in world risking their lives every moment. I am stronger than va-"Please Arnold, there are plenty of powerful beings in this world hiding themselves in shadows that you aren't ready to face just yet." Nova said with some anger apparent in his voice.

Lucas retorted again,"Nova, you are also an S-Rank. Why can you go anywhere, anytime you want but not me?"

Nova smiled lightly," Because I—"Let him experience and learn how difficult executing plans can be by himself." Adrianna cut him off.

"I will assign some people to you. Be assured, they will obey you word-to-word and there will be no information leak."Adrianna added.

"I will also send one of my children to accompany Ar- I mean Lucas." Merbix said.

"Alright, do whatever you guys. I am going now."Lucas said and left.

Adrianna muttered,"Lucas.....what does that mean again?....bringer of light and hope? A weird choice of name after he said he is going to kill while moving around as an Mercenary." And disappeared. 

The Two left in room looked at each other in silence. 

'Did he expect this to happen? All those plans wasted he must be angry.' Nova and Merbix thought  simultaneously  and shuddered.

Nova said,"You inform him of this. I will depart for my mission after spending a few weeks with my sister."

"Hmm." Merbix hummed. 

"Till that moment comes, brother. Take care of yourself." Both said looking at each other.

-----------------------------

Lucas, on the other hand was running toward Albert City while letting out weird short laughs and exclamations. 

After a while his expression turned serious,"Their reaction was tamer than expected..........although it is better for me this way. This somehow unsettles me."

"I don't know if this was the best move but I more I stay away from them, the lesser the chance of me exposing myself. Now I wouldn't have to stay nervous and in fear of being found out 24/7. I will try to stay away from them till I am stronger than both of them. I must not forgot the one they love and trust is the real, old Arnold not me the new, transmigrator Lucas. There is no guarantee they wouldn't betray me if they find out I am not the one they love and trust. They might even become my sworn life and death enemies."

"Whenever I am near Adrianna and Nova. I can't even imagine them betraying me. It is difficult to even have the thoughts of hurting them. Now that I am away from them, it is easy to conclude it was old Arnold emotions affecting me. Before they were so intense I couldn't even differentiate them. Only after reaching [S-Rank], am I able to resist them and think freely."

"Even now, I can't help myself from repeatedly acting on my impulses. Not to mention my emotions that had dulled with my dull life are extraordinary highlighted now."

"If I hadn't reached S-Rank, I might have inherited Arnold's emotions. It will be best to stay away from them till original Arnold emotions die out and my emotions are dull again. It is impossible to imagine what I will do when those intense mood swings occur."

Shaking his head and clearing his heads of all thoughts. Lucas decided to focus on running faster and reaching his destination sooner.

While running when he was about to 1 hour away from Albert City, Lucas suddenly felt like going through some villages on way.

He wanted to interact with people, know how people born and raised in a fantasy world are different than those born and raised in modern world.

He wanted to learn about difference in mindset and goals. What drives them to continously struggle to live in a world, where they might die any moment.

To his bad luck the village he stumbled in happened to have already been destroyed and abandoned. 

Corpse were left in open, both belonging to humans and their attackers, Goblins.

'Such is the fate of weak in this world. Even through on map we, humans have labelled this part of land as Gracia Kingdom. Other than Cities where strong humans live. All villages are unsafe. If not for monsters being disunited, they would be the rulers of this continent.'

Lucas couldn't help but think so while moving through the village.

The next village Lucas visited was also in same condition as the previous one.

And so was the one after them.

Lucas also noticed how all the dead humans were males. The only dead females were oldies.

Goblins must have killed them believing they will be unable to give birth to new Goblins for their Tribe.

'This is unlike what Goblins normally do. A village population depends on how near it is to a city and how strong village chief is, how fast he is capable of calling for reinforcement in case of an attack by Monsters.'

'Huhu, now after seeing it myself. I can't help but feel like laughing at the previous me who was full of apprehension that disappearance of 15 carefully selected villages will be noticed and get me in trouble. It is something so common that no one cares.'

'It is fortunate Early Game Timeline was relatively peaceful and there were no wars or big battles. Although there is danger of hidden battles, experts and assassins ever-present in this game. There will be no wars or big fights anytime soon between Humans and Monsters.'

'I should just go straight to Albert City. Seeing 3 destroyed villages is enough for the day.'

--------------------------------

1