Chapter 2: The Request
173 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaoru Mitoma:


That girl... whom I met in the train last day was standing at my school gate.

I wondered if she was waiting for someone here...

However I never saw her coming here before. Also... if there was any person in our school she knew, it was me.

So does that mean, she has come here to meet me?

Wait.... how can she know what school I go? We never had a conversation about that. In fact, we never really had a conversation at all. The only thing she told me was "thank you" last day.

"Oi Kaoru... you're quiet for a long time. What are you thinking?" (Tanaka)

"Nothing..." (Mitoma)

Calm down... don't overthink... just because she is here, it doesn't mean it has anything to do with you...

I thought about ignoring everything, then I once again looked outside the window. 

"Eh?" (Mitoma)

She's gone?

She was not there anymore? Did she leave? 

Suddenly, my feeling got really complicated. Honestly I didn't want her to leave. I didn't know why...

I looked at my classroom. All the students were chilling as there was no teacher currently. He was absent today. So I had about 30 minutes free. 

I stood up and proceeded to leave the classroom.

"Hey? Where you going?" (Tanaka)

I didn't answer him and left. I ran towards the staircase. I almost fell down with how desperate I was.

When I reached the ground floor, I saw her... and I was instantly relieved.

The girl didn't notice me yet. She was thinking where to go right now. I made up my mind and called her.

"Excuse me. Do you need someone?" (Mitoma)

She heard my voice and looked at me. Then she instantly froze. She stuttered at first but then got herself together.

She looked straight to me and said,

"Y-Yes. I was trying to find you, Mitoma-kun."

"..........."

I didn't know how I kept myself unhinged there. But from inside, I was not calm at all!

Holy God! A girl from other school was looking for me! What could possibly be the reason?

And the way she called me "Mitoma-kun"... was so cute!!!

But wait.... how did she know my name? Also how did she find out which school I go?

Don't tell me... she is a stalker??!!

"Mitoma-kun..."

"Y-Yeah sorry! I was spacing out. But... can I ask you how do you know me and my school?"

"Yes..."

Then she picked put a card from her bag and gave it to me.

"Eh?"

I was surprised to see my school ID card with her.

"Last day Mitoma-kun dropped this in the train. I only picked it up when Mitoma-kun already left. So I thought about giving it back. So I arrived here."

"I-I see... that explains everything! B-But you came all the way here to give it back? You had so much trouble."

"Not really.", she smiled and said. "My school is only 15 minutes away from here."

Damn... she is a very good girl. I feel blessed to meet her. 

"Umm... can I ask what is your name?" (Mitoma)

"Ah sorry. I didn't introduce myself yet. My name is Shinonome Nanami. I'm also a first year high school student from Toshiyame Institution. Nice to meet you, Mitoma-kun." (Shinonome)

"Blessed to meet you too, Shinonome-san." (Mitoma)

"Eh? Blessed?" (Shinonome)

"Ah nothing! Anyway, do you need anything? Tell me." (Mitoma)

"Ah... actually...", she stuttered a little and then said. "I want to talk to you about something." 

"Yes. Tell me.", I replied.

"Umm... not here. Can we go somewhere else... where we can be alone?" (Shinonome)

"..... okay. Here come with me..." (Mitoma)

Interesting... she wants to talk to me alone. I wonder why... Don't tell me... this story is going with typical anime route!? Does she want to confess to me? Wait, isn't that too early!?

I brought her to a quieter corridor of the school where students rarely visit. She then opened her bag and gave me a packet. The packet was... of sweets?

"I wanted to give this to Mitoma-kun as a thanks to the help from last day." (Shinonome)

"Eh... but you really didn't have to! It's looking expensive too!" (Mitoma)

"No... I'm really thankful for what you did yesterday, Mitoma-kun. I was really afraid that time." (Shinonome)

She's a literal angel!

"But still... Shinonome-san repaid too much. If you want me to help you with something, you can ask me." (Mitoma)

"Umm... actually... how can I say it... I do want to request you something, Mitoma-kun." (Shinonome)

"Yes. Yes. Tell me." (Mitoma)

"Umm... can we go home together?" (Shinonome)

"........." (Mitoma)

Did I hear it correctly?

"From now on.... can we go home together?" (Shinonome)

"W.... Wait, 'from now on' means 'everyday'?" (Mitoma)

"Y-Yeah..." (Shinonome)

Are we back to anime plot again?? Is this really happening? 

"Umm... Shinonome-san..." (Mitoma)

"I'm sorry... I'm being unreasonable, aren't I?" (Shinonome)

"N-No... but can I just ask the reason?" (Mitoma)

"Actually... I'm scared of men..." (Shinonome)

"Eh..." (Mitoma)

Shinonome-san then gave me a brief explanation about her situation...

Basically, she is afraid of men. She sometimes talk to them while being with her friends, but she gets scared whenever she is alone with them. She always stays together with her friends. But while going home she remains alone, because all of her friends have different routes to their home. Thats why she carefully chooses the train based on how crowded it is. And on top of that, she was molested last day, which even escalated her fear. But I don't understand...

"But... Shinonome-san, you look very comfortable here with me?" (Mitoma)

"It's because Mitoma-kun is different." (Shinonome)

"Eh..." (Mitoma)

"I don't know why... but I don't fear Mitoma-kun. In fact, I become very comfortable with him... That's why... I had this selfish request for Mitoma-kun... to go home together with him. But I know it's too much." (Shinonome)

I didn't know how to answer. To think that a girl is so comfortable with me, it really makes me happy. However...

"But do you really not fear me, even a bit? I mean I'm still a stranger after all? Can you really trust me?" (Mitoma)

"Yes... I'm really cautious and I don't even have many friends for my character. But I fully trust Mitoma-kun."

I kept quiet for some time and then carefully asked...

"Shinonome-san only wants me to go home with her because of that, right?" (Mitoma)

"Yes... I know it's very selfish. I'm sorry. You don't have to think about it." (Shinonome)

"Nah... its okay... if Shinonome-san has no problems, then we can go together..." (Mitoma)

"Eh... Mitoma-kun will?" (Shinonome)

"Yes... I mean... I had told you I would help, right? I can't back off after all..." (Mitoma)

"You're not forcing yourself, right?" (Shinonome)

"Not at all! I don't have anything to do anyway. I'm not even in a club." (Mitoma)

".....Thank you! I'm so lucky!" (Shinonome)

She responded with a bright smile. Her smile... was enough to make my heart melt. There was no way I could have rejected her anyway. But if I could see her smile everyday, then it's really no brainer for me to accept her request.

                                   ♡

"Oi Kaoru. Where were you all the time? And what are those? Sweets?" (Tanaka)

When I returned to my class, Tanaka asked me.

"Nothing important. I just thought about buying these." (Mitoma)

"Really? Anyway you're going to Karaoke with us, right?" (Tanaka)

"Nope. I have a bigger task in my hand." (Mitoma)

"Bigger task?" (Tanaka)

I didn't answer him back, and just rested my head on my desk.

9