Upon a wooden bridge
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...upon a wooden bridge

“Gone?”

The missing persons report made its way to the desk of the Hokage in short order.  Not only was the mansion a close neighbor to the academy.  Several on duty shinobi had been there to see the abduction in progress.  In all the chaos, the affiliate plate on their brow had been a murky detail, albeit reinforced by the boilerplate of a shinobi uniform.

Within the hour, he’d had further details pulled from the T&I department, but the issue remained, “You were inside the building?”

A kidnapper had struck in the very heart of the village.  Children went missing all the time, but this one had parents.  It opened the remaining cold cases to a rather severe conclusion.  

“Do you think there are more?”

The chunin replied, “It’s beyond me, although I take it the investigation might lend some insight?” He shook his head, “I don’t believe there would be a presence left in the building.  If it weren’t for the plants, I doubt they’d be showing their hand at all.”

“Plants?” Firm and cold, the Hokage all but demanded.

The chunin flinched and - relaxing his stance - whispered, “Surely someone mentioned-” He tightened his form and went on, “The boy had a number of stalks around him.  I’d call them snaked for their movement, but without a head.  Straight off the ground and green under the light~” His face shifted in discomfort, “S-sir.”

“At ease.” Hiruzen thumbed around with one of his draws and withdrew his pipe, absently thumbing a few leaves into place, “There will be a report for T&I.  But beyond, none of that leaves this room.”

“Yes sir.” Relief flooded the chunin.

1