Chapter 137 – Investigation.
1.8k 5 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I chose the fat man to a house that was very well maintained, I didn't even realize that this house was here, but it is the only house made of bricks, and that was also clean, seeing it next to the other houses made me angry.

Well, but of course, the mayor would not leave an essential visit by staying in a dirty wooden house, he indeed uses that house for this type of visit. I thought it was normal for nobles to let visitors stay in their mansions, but it seems that this is not the case here.

"I'm leaving now." I didn't even want to look inside the house, I didn't want to go inside with them, so I said goodbye to them.

"Where are you going?" The nobleman asked in a slightly surprised voice, I don't think he assumed I had already found a place to stay, so I need to say it clearly.

"I already found a place to stay, don't worry about me." I started walking away, and before I could get far enough away not to hear his voice, I just heard him say, "You are going to pay for this." I think he lost his mind.

Yes, he lost his mind for telling this to the person who said he would take his head off, he is some kind of idiot, I think I'm going to ignore it, for now, I don't see the need to do anything now.

At one time or another, I will need to do something with this fat man, and when the time comes, I will discount everything he already said to me at that moment, it will be a little fun.

'Now, let's go back to the inn.' I was walking through the streets, and it was already a little dark, I think it was a bit dangerous to be on the streets of this city at night.

Imagine if some bandits see a cute little girl walking at night like this, I think I will have some problems, so I guess I better walk faster to the inn, and that's what I did.

During the whole journey, I also started to think about what I would do in this city in the future, I want to help these people in some way, but I don't know how I'm going to do that.

'I don't have to think about it now. I still have a lot of time.' Yes, I still have a lot of time, that is, my whole life even to help the people of this city. I don't need to think about it too much.
#############
I arrived at the inn, and the woman was still there behind the counter looking at me, she never said anything, but she liked to look at me. I didn't even ask her name when I got here. I don't think it's essential.

'Let's go to sleep.' I went up the stairs being careful not to break any steps, and then I got to my bedroom door, I opened the door, and it creaked a little, but I think it's normal for such an old building.

Then I locked the room so I could sleep in peace, imagine if someone invades my room at night. I think it is possible in a city like this.

"I think I'm going to need this." Even though I wasn't outdoors, this city left me with such a strange feeling, that I decided to put a barrier around my bed, so that I was safe.

Even if someone breaks into my room, I will definitely notice, but it is still a second longer than that, so it is good to keep the barrier activated throughout the night, it is good to have mana that lasts so long.

I was already lying in bed with the barrier around me, but I was not able to sleep very well, as I kept thinking about Cibely and the three girls, I started to think about the giant worm.

Cibely was swallowed by an earthworm and almost died, but she always acted as if nothing had happened, I never stopped to think about it, but now I believe this is a little strange.

Usually, when a person goes through a trauma like this, they cannot recover so quickly, but Cibely was back at work when I left town, or I think I was back.

"I need to talk to her when I get back." I need to know what happened while I wasn't there if Cibely isn't feeling bad about what happened, or if she is living normally.

And it was thinking about these things that I slept.

#############

The next day I woke up early and had my coffee in my room, as I hadn't bought the meal at the inn, I had to do it. Thankfully, the food I had bought was delicious.

'Today is the day.' I didn't know when the fat man would go to the town's mayor's mansion, but I had to find that out because I wanted to go with him.

I have to escort him to the mansion, so I'll know when he goes, I don't know why I'm so worried, I think I'm going to go to the house he's staying at right now, let's wait outside.

It goes that he runs to the mansion without waiting for me, it can be a bad thing, and I will not be able to hear anything of their conversation.

"I look like some kind of stalker." Well, I may look something like this, but it is necessary to end these people's plans if they have one, but I will find out.

And it was thinking about it that I got up from the bed that I was sitting eating and left the room. This time I took the key and locked the door so that nobody could enter my room, and again I went down the stairs carefully.

This time a person was sitting at one of the tables drinking coffee, judging by his dress, he is not a resident of this city, he seems to be a person with money, but whatever.

I left the inn, and the gentle breeze hit my face, today it was very windy, I even thought it might rain, but when I looked at the sky, there wasn't also a cloud, I don't think it will rain.

But I left that aside and went to the house where the nobleman was staying. It's still too early, so he probably hasn't gone to the mayor's mansion yet.

49