Chapter 143 – Serious conversation.
1.8k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't take long for the girl to come down the stairs and then tell us to go up, she said that we could go up alone and that the guild master would welcome us without any problems to talk.

As I climbed the stairs to the second floor, I could feel a piercing look behind my back, and when I looked back, I could see that girl looking at me with some expectation.

I couldn't understand what she wanted, but I'm sure I'll find out if I talk to the guild master.

"You will end up having problems if you keep abandoning the people who hired you, if it spreads, no one will hire you again, you know that, right?" I thought I wouldn't hear his voice again, but again he started saying unnecessary things.

Of course, I knew that anybody knows that this will happen. If I have any reputation as a person who abandons missions, they will not hire me, but I don't care so much.

I have never abandoned a mission before, this is the first one, and it is also for an important reason.

People don't have to care if I'm going to leave the mission or not, they just need to care if I'm going to be able to protect them and that I have confidence that I can do, so he's partially right.

"Just shut up and walk, I don't want to hear your irritating speech." He was partially right, but I still didn't want to hear anything he said, just his voice irritated me, thankfully he won't be talking much longer.

Depending on what those "drugs" are, he may end up having problems, and I may end up getting a little more irritated. But it's not time to think about it, as we were already arriving at the guild master's room.

We went through some rooms before arriving at his place, the rooms had no doors, but inside them, there was nothing. It was like rooms that are just there to decorate the building.

'Couldn't they make dorms or something?' 'I can think of many uses for empty rooms like these, but I'm not going to meddle in these matters.

Toc ~~

Toc ~~

"It's me." While I was looking at things inside the building, the fat man had already knocked on the guild master's room. He hit so hard that I thought the door would break. He needs to feel better; the buildings in this place are a little unstable.

But the guild master didn't seem to care about that, from inside his room he just shouted: "Come in" It was a little nervous voice, but there was also a little happiness there, I think he was excited about something.

The fat man opened the door and went in, I went in shortly afterward, the coachman had stayed downstairs, it seems that it would be a private matter, so it was better to just talk to the three of us.

Well, I don't care about that so much.

"So, what are we going to do about it? I think that girl already told you what it is about." The fat man went back to his old mood. He was angry again; he just waited to face the guild master.

"I can't do anything about it, and if she is willing to lose her reward for giving up on the mission, I can't do anything for you." The guild master seemed a little uneasy as he said this.
It was better than I thought it all, I felt that giving up would cause a decrease in my guild rank, but it looks like everything is fine, so I just have to give up the reward.

"Listen, how am I going to get back now?" Well, he's right, how will he get back? Not that I care much about it.

"Don't worry, I will arrange a group of adventurers to take you to your city, now I have a private matter to discuss with the little girl, can you leave, please?" Oohh, I almost screamed when the guild master said that.

It was almost a punch in the face with just words, what an incredible thing.

"HOW IS IT? WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS TO TREAT ME THAT WAY?" The fat man exploded with rage, and I could only laugh at this situation.

"Just get out, you don't want me to get into this, right? Hahaha," I couldn't stand it, and in the middle of my speech, I started laughing, making the fat man even angrier, I think I shouldn't do that.

Making him very angry may cause me some problems in the future, but he deserved it.

"Right." He just said that and left the room. I think it was too much for him. I'm sure that when he went out on the street, he will punch the floor in anger.

#########

As soon as the fat man left the room, I stood there looking at the guild master to know what he wanted to talk about here. I wanted to be quick because I had to go back to the mayor's mansion again.

"Listen, you already figured out what's going on here, right?"
The guild master said something that I didn't think he would say, so he already knew what was going on here, is the opening the game for me? For what reason?

"Yes, I found out about these negotiations, but I still don't know what is traded here. Do you have any idea what those" drugs "do?" I wanted to go back to the mansion and find this out, but I think I'll read it for a while.

"I have no idea, I only know about his negotiations, I was just paid to keep all of this secret and also to inform the mayor of arrival, Sebastian Sebastian, I don't know anything more about it." He seemed to be telling the truth.

So he was being paid to keep quiet, it makes sense since this city is so poor.

"What did you want to talk to me about was that about?" Yes, I know he opened the game for me, but was it just that?

"No, I wanted you to stop this negotiation from them, somehow make this city go back to what it was before."

"Go back to what it was before?"

"Yes, before this new mayor took over, the city was vibrant it was one of the wealthiest cities in the country because it was a tiny city, but it made a lot of money, a few years ago he took over, so things started getting worse and worse. "

Things here seemed difficult, especially for those who lived through this prosperous time.

"And after these negotiations started, things got even worse. People started to starve. You saw the state that the city is in, right? There is no way to go on like this."

I think this is a genuine request for help, and I can't do anything.

51