Chapter 160 – New Mayor?
1.4k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The guild master was refusing to become the new mayor, even though he tried to convince him in some way he always did, it seemed that he was afraid of it, or maybe he thinks he is not ready.

It wouldn't help to make assumptions, so I asked him directly what was bothering him, maybe I could help him get over it, and maybe become the new mayor.

"So, why don't you want to become the mayor?" There may be several reasons for this, so it was better to listen to what he had to say.

And after my question, he started citing several reasons for not wanting to become mayor. The first reason was the fear of the population not accepting it, this is a normal fear, I think.

The second reason was the fear of not being able to manage the entire city and ending up ruining it. After hearing this, I made a joke saying, "It can't get any worse than it does now." When I looked at Syl's face, she wasn't smiling, it was the other way around.

Well, I guess I shouldn't have made this joke with the mayor's daughter here, he just died and she knows that everything that is happening in the city is his fault, she needs time to get over it.

But leaving that aside, the mayor's other reason was Marcya, he doesn't know what he will do if he leaves the guild and leaves Marcya here, I think he's some kind of idiot, he didn't think about taking her to work with him?

"Are you stupid? It's just that she goes with you to the mansion, she can work as your advisor or something, isn't it easy?" I spoke in a somewhat rude way, but I think he managed to understand.

After I said that, he was thoughtful for a moment and after that: "Sorry, but I'm not ready for this." Aaah, what is he? Some kind of child? He needs to take chances sometimes.

People need to risk doing some things, maybe things work or maybe they don't work, he needs to try, that matters. Well, I can't force you into anything, I need to find someone else.

'I have to talk to Syl's mother.' I think she is the only person who can become mayor now, of course, if she has not been involved with all this.

I hope she is a decent person, I don't want to take too long to find a new mayor for this city, it is not good to leave an entire city without someone's supervision.

"Okay, if you're not going to become the new mayor, I only have one option left, Syl, where's your mom?"

"Eh? My mom? Hmmm, I don't really know."

'Haaaa, so that's it, she doesn't know her mother either, things get worse and worse, I just left an orphan girl.' I sighed in my mind, but I can't let it affect me, I'll take care of it if I have to.

Imagine, a 12-year-old girl like me becoming someone's foster mother? This is funny.

'Stop, this is no time for it, things got worse.' Now I have no one to turn to, where am I going to find a new mayor? Or maybe I'll keep trying to convince this old man.
###########
I stayed there in the master's room without knowing what to do for a while, but after some time without hearing anyone's voice, Syl decided to start talking about some things, she was talking as if she were a very mature person.

"Listen, I know my dad did horrible things to me, and he did a lot of horrible things to the people in that town, but I still didn't want him to be dead."

Little tears started to form in her eyes, it seems that she did not want this to happen, a person would look like this after losing her father.

Even though he is a horrible person, he was still his father, nothing can change that.

"And now that he is dead, the city has no one to run it, and of course, I don't want to do that, I don't want to have that responsibility." I was already there, she would not want a difficult job like this.

"So ... I think the master should take my father's place, I know that he is a good person, even if he stayed by my father's side for a while." Wait, did she start trusting him so quickly?

Haaa ~~

The guild master gave a big sigh and then threw himself in the chair, it looked like he had given up on denying about it, I think Syl's words helped me this time, thanks.

"Can I think a little more? Until tomorrow I'll give you an answer." Before he had refused to do this, but now he will think about it, I think it was a great step forward, now I have to wait.

"Hey, Syl, do you want to come with me to the inn? You can stay with me until tomorrow." I thought it best not to leave Syl in the guild, I think it better to have her by my side until everything is resolved.

"Of course." Syl gave a big smile, it looked like her sadness had disappeared, but after a few seconds, I could see a little emptiness in her eyes, maybe it will take a while for her to get back to normal.

I can't tell her that I killed her father, I think it's better to continue as he is now, he just killed himself, right?

"And you, think about it very well, I hope you don't accept it and then do like him, I won't forgive you for that." Yes, if he became the mayor and acted like the previous mayor, I think I would have to do the same thing as him.

But as he was the person who asked for my help, I think he will not do anything to disappoint me, in fact, I want him not to disappoint me, I am not in the mood to kill him.

'I hope he accepts, I want to go home.' And it was with these thoughts that I left the guild master's room holding Syl's hand.

 

****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

Buy the edited version ( volume 1 ) on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HNGS394

51