Chapter 176 – Continuing the journey.
1.2k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I took the boar out of my storage, I asked Lincy's father to clean it, he certainly has more experience in it than I do, in fact, I also didn't want to get my hands dirty with these animals.

He stayed there cleaning and separating the meat while I was talking to Lincy and Syl near the fire, I hope he doesn't take so long to fix this meat, Lincy was almost starving.

I don't want to give her any more bread, Lincy needs to eat something other than that, even if it's just meat. Well, the bread also has meat inside, I think our diet hasn't changed that much.

"You were very quick, I wonder what kind of magic you used," Lincy said while smiling at me.

Well, I'm not going to tell her that I used magic to fly over the forest, I'm just going to keep quiet and let her imagine everything that happened. Syl who was sitting next to me was still.

I think I was very hard on her yesterday, she seems to be sad, I don't want to start feeling bad because of that, I need to do something here. Taking advantage of the fact that everyone was silent, I started talking to her.

"Hey, are you sad?" I spoke softly close to her ear, just so she could hear.

When I did that, she jumped up and almost got up from there, I think she must be goosebumps right now, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that.

"I'm not sad." Wait, you're not very convincing when you have that face, you know? I think I went too far before, so I just asked the guy to come over, and of course, she came very close to me.

When she was very close, I hugged her and said: "I'm sorry for yelling at you, I just wanted to be alone for a while." Sure, I was lying, but I think I better do it.

I don't want her to be angry or sad with me, I want to continue as before.

'Even though she gave me reasons to do that.' Yes, she started to beg me that way, and I don't like it at all.

I must be a very patient person, but thankfully she understood what I did, when I stopped hugging her, she looked at me and started to smile, it was just a momentary "fight".

"Awnt, what a cute thing." Lincy who was sitting next to us had both hands on her chin while watching us talk, she seemed to be having fun watching us having this conversation.

"Shut up."

"Wow, it was so cute, go on. Two kids hugging each other, I'm about to die of cuteness." Was she being sarcastic or was she telling the truth? I had no idea but just ignored it.

She continued to laugh for a while, but soon everything was back to normal, that silence returned, but this time Syl didn't seem sad anymore but was sitting next to me while holding my arm.

Sometimes Lincy would look at us and smile, I think she was really enjoying seeing two cute kids hugging, I hope it's not some kind of weird fetish, I'm going to start getting away from you, okay?

"Sorry for the delay, I think everything is ready." While we continued to talk, Lincy's father finished preparing the boar and approached us while carrying a good amount of meat.

Of course, the meat was not yet cooked, so I just took all the meat and put it in the storage.

After a while we realized that we didn't have any pots for cooking the meat, so Lincy's father made some meat skewers out of wood, and of course, we roasted the meat.

It had been a while since I had eaten roast beef, so it felt wonderful. Of course, there was no salt to season the meat, but it was still very tasty.

We ate a lot of meat, but there was still a lot of meat left from just a wild boar, I think I got more meat than necessary, but it is good that I will have the meat stored for a while.

'Now it's time to sleep.' After everyone finished eating, it was decided that everyone would sleep in the carriage, and of course, I put a barrier around the women, even though Lincy's father, I can't trust the men in this world too much.
############
It was a quiet night, I left my search magic activated during the night so as not to have any problems with monsters, and of course, even if one appeared nearby, I would wake up at the same time.

"Good morning, did you sleep well?" I was already outside, and Lincy's father got out of the carriage, I left the two girls asleep since it is still very early, but it is always good to start the journey as early as possible.

"Good Morning."

"Are you preparing anything there?"

"Yes, I'm roasting wild boar, I think we're going to have to eat this for a while." I showed the skewers with meat, he just smiled and said, "Well, I don't mind eating this for a while."

I think he's used to eating wild boar meat on the road, or any other type of meat, so it's okay.

And he didn't have much food in his old house either, does he just have to enjoy that he can eat a lot of meat now, or maybe he doesn't care about that? In fact, they didn't seem to be starving.

He and his wife seemed very healthy compared to the other residents I saw on the street, maybe the mayor was really sending the money? No, if they said they weren't getting it, I must believe them.

Lincy's father is a hardworking guy, so he may have been able to feed them both without a problem.

When Lincy's mother came to mind, I decided to ask him, "Isn't it dangerous to leave your wife alone in that city?" Well, she's a woman and that city didn't look very safe, so I'm a little concerned.

'I should have asked Lutz to drop her off at his mansion.' I hope nothing happens to her.

"Don't worry, she is used to being alone, and she is very strong, believe me." Strong? She didn't give me the impression of being a strong woman, I didn't even know that she fought anyone or monsters.

"Was she an adventurer?"

"Yes, she stopped venturing when she found out she was pregnant with Lincy."

"I see, how about you?"

"No, she had her own group, I just worked as a coachman when I met her, I was guiding the carriage to a noblewoman she was escorting."

"And did you manage to approach her just on one trip?"

"Yes, it was love at first sight."

So love at first sight exists? I thought this was just a fantasy, but it's a really cool love story.

 

*******

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 186), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Buy the edited version ( volume 1 ) on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HNGS394

40