Chapter 192 – Farewell.
1.1k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived at the guild in a short time, and we were greeted by Norm who was standing in front of the guild, she seemed to be waiting for us, but how does she know she would come today? Oh, yes, I was going to keep the carriage for just two days.

"So, are you here to remove the carriage?" She asked with a smile.

"Yes, I came to remove the carriage, but I would also like to ask the guild for another help, is it possible?" I was not feeling well doing this, asking for help like this, but it is necessary.

"Hmm, I think so, but what do you need?" She seemed to want to help me, so I just decided to tell her, I don't think you need to call Suzan for this: "Well, her dad needs to go back to Mephey, so he wanted to hire some adventurers to take him there."

"I understand, but why does he need to come back? I thought he would stay here with his daughter."

Before I could answer Norm's question, Lincy's father answered her first: "It's because I left my wife behind, I only came here because I was driving the carriage."

"Ahh, so that's it. Well, I think we can help you, we have some adventurers who were looking for someone to take them to Mephey for a mission that is close to the city, they can help you."

This is great, so they need to do a mission near Mephey and they need transportation, I think they are the perfect adventurers, but I still need to see them, they can't be too weak.

"Okay, where are they?" I asked Norm.

"Come with me." She joined the guild and guided us to a table where four people were sitting, four men. I don't really like talking to men like that, mainly because of what happened when I got here, but men are usually stronger than women, so it's okay.

I may be looking a bit macho, but I'm not lying at all. Or maybe I could be wrong because women can be strong like those three.

"So, who is this girl?" As soon as we approached, one of the men who was sitting asked this arrogantly. He was a muscular man and was very tall, beside him he had a giant sword.

"This is adventurer Larissa, she wanted to hire you for a job, could you accept?"

"What kind of mission is this?"

"She just wants you to take this man to Mephey, and since you are looking for a transportation, I thought you could help."

"I see, I think we have no reason to deny it." He said while looking at me, this man's eyes make me afraid, but even so, they don't seem to be bad people, I must trust them a little.

"Glad you are going to accept, come with me, I will prepare the papers." Norm seemed happy about that.

"Before that, isn't it better to introduce the group to the person who is hiring us?" The man asked Norm, making her a little uncomfortable, so she just said, "Sure, go ahead."

After that, the presentations started.

The head of the group was that muscular man with the sword, his name was Roswo. The other guy in the group who wore a short sword was a skinny man with strange silver hair, his name was Lape.

The other two members of the group were focused on long-range attacks, one of them carried a bow with arrows on his back, he was also a little muscular, but not like Roswo, besides, he was completely bald, his name was Lakev.

The other member of the group was not muscular and wore a green cloak protecting his body, but next to him was a wooden staff, he seemed to be the magician of the group. He was without a hood, so I could see his hair, he had spiked hair up, it looked like he had passed some kind of gel to make his hair look like that, his name was Lasro.

After all your group's presentation, it was time to introduce myself.

"Pleasure, my name is Larissa, an E-RANK venture, nice to meet you, and this guy you are going to escort is called Daniel, he is the father of one of my friends."

"So you're just an E-RANK adventurer, stranger."

"Why strange?"

"It's because I wouldn't imagine that a little girl who has the money to hire a group of adventurers would just be at RANK E." So that's it, I think it makes sense.

"Maybe it's true, but now let's get on with it, I need to send him away to start my work." Of course, I was kidding, I wouldn't send him away like that, that's his choice.

But even though it was a joke, the four of them started to laugh, even Lincy who was next to me started to laugh at the situation, leaving his father a little embarrassed.
########
"So is everything ready?" In a short time, we had already prepared the paper and I had left their payment with the guild, of course, the guild would only deliver the money when the mission was completed.

"Yes, everything is ready, I think the time has come." Then we went to the stable behind the guild and took the carriage and horses with the help of Lincy's father.

After some time preparing everything, the carriage was already ready to leave, I also delivered everything that Lincy's father had given me to put in my storage back to him.

Also, I gave them some food for the trip, enough for them to start over two days, or maybe a little longer. I hope the food doesn’t spoil, I don’t think it will happen.

The only thing we had to do after that was to say goodbye to Daniel, the first to say goodbye was Lincy, it was a very sincere hug between a father of a daughter who loves each other. I thought she wasn't caring about your father, but I was wrong.

Then my turn came.

"Have a safe trip, and I hope you arrive safely in Mephey." I just shook your hand, of course, not putting too much force.

"And I hope you take good care of my daughter, do you understand?" He squeezed my hand very hard, but of course, I didn't feel any pain.

And that way of talking seems like Lincy and I just got married, don't talk like that, it's weird.

After saying goodbye, the only thing we could do was look at the carriage from the city from a distance.

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 202), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

37