Chapter 208 – That looks suspicious.
818 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next day with a wonderful smell all over the house, I got up and Syl had already got up and was no longer in the room, did I sleep too much? I went to the bedroom mirror and brushed my hair, at least enough to make me look good.

I also fixed my clothes that had been wrinkled while sleeping, I think I should buy a pajama, sleeping with a dress is not good. Although I already got used to it, I will change this habit.

After fixing my clothes, I went to the bathroom and washed my face, I was still a little sleepy, so it would wake me up. The water was very cold, so it served perfectly to wake me up.

I dried my face and left the room.

I went down the stairs and found Syl sitting in the main room having a cup of tea, she didn't seem to be eating anything.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I approached behind the sofa, making her startle a little and almost choke on the tea, she coughed a little and turned to me: "I'm sorry, you were sleeping so well, I thought I should let you sleep."

Haaaa ~~

I sighed and went to the kitchen, found Lincy doing some dishes, but this time she was wearing a maid outfit, the same clothes she wore when she worked for Syl's father.

"So you decided to wear this outfit, you know, you could use your normal clothes to work here." She said as she approached the sink to pretend to be working on her work.

"Not at all, I'm the housekeeper in this house." She didn't even look at me, continued to wash the dishes, she really cares about that, doesn't she?

"Okay, and where's my breakfast?" I was very hungry, but since she was doing the dishes, I assumed the two of them had already had breakfast, and now she was already clearing the table.

"Don't worry, it's on the table, you can eat it and I'll clean it up later." I had not looked at the table, but when I looked I realized that my breakfast was on the table, I felt a little embarrassed for not having noticed.

So I went to the table and started having my breakfast, a small fruit salad, some toast and also tea and coffee. Besides, I also had bread and some jams, I had several options to use.

I don't remember people buying this when we went to the market, was it already in the house? Well, it was very tasty anyway.

It was a very good diet, when I finished eating, I felt so full that I didn't even want to get up from the chair, but I had a lot to do today, so I had to force myself to get up.

I got up and went to the living room, Syl had already finished drinking her tea and was now reading some book, and Lincy, who had finished washing the dishes, started cleaning the table as soon as I left.

"Haaa, I'm a little lazy."

"Why? It's still morning." Syl put her book down to pay attention to another conversation, so I sat down next to her.

"Today I need to travel again, and I'm not in the mood ... But it's important, so I can't do much about it."

"Wait, are you going to travel again?" Syl looked so surprised that she could jump on me at any moment.

"Didn't I tell you before? That I had a friend who is going to live with us, and would I need to pick her up? I thought about going today, the faster the better."

"Do you really need to be today? We just moved in and we haven't even used the house yet." Wait, what do you mean, enjoy the house? There is not much to do inside this house, except to stay put or play inside because of its size.

"As I said earlier, the faster the better. I will get it quickly, you can stay here at the mansion or the inn if you prefer."

"Can't we go with you?"

"No, this time I prefer to go alone, it will be faster that way."

"I understand." Syl looked sad, but he wasn't insisting on it, Lincy also seemed to have overheard our conversation, but as usual, he didn't say anything about it.

As soon as we finished our conversation, I told them I was leaving, I also told them I would stop by the inn, and if they wanted to stay there, they could stay because I would pay when I returned.

Then he left the mansion while Syl was wailing.
#######
After I left the mansion, I stopped by the inn as I promised both and told them that maybe they would stay there and that I would pay when I returned. Clara looked annoyed that I was going to travel again, apparently, she was getting ready to visit my mansion.

I just apologized for that after she told me, and left the inn.

Then I went to the adventurer guild, I just wanted to take a mission in Gerok, in this case, the capital of the country, which was where Emily still lived.

I arrived at the guild and many people were staring at me, most of them were admiring looks because of the speed that I increased my Rank, which was not a normal speed.

Other people also looked at me with contempt because they did not accept it, although I did not care for any of these people, nor that those who admired me, much less those who did not like me.

Ignoring them, I went to the reception and called Norm, who was currently the person who most attended to me, apparently the guild master also told her about the number of monsters I hunted, so she also helped me when I wanted to sell them...

"How can I help you today? You disappeared for a few days." As always she was very friendly.

"I would like to see if you have a mission in Gerok."

"Hmm, a mission in the capital, for what reason?"

"I need to visit a friend, so I thought it best to take a mission to have an excuse to go to that place." I was uncomfortable just thinking about stepping into that city again.

"I see, but couldn't you just go?" Norm looked confused, but continued, "You could just travel to the capital, you don't need a mission to come up with some kind of excuse."

After thinking a little more, I thought I was being an idiot, I could just travel.

"You're right, so you can let it go."

"No, no. Since you are going to the capital, could you deliver a parcel to someone?"

"What person?"

"A nobleman who works in the castle, the mayor of the city had something to send, and asked me to choose a talented adventurer to do this."

"No thank you." This was looking a little suspicious, so I declined without thinking. Norm didn't bother, just smiled at me and said it was okay, she seemed to be sincere.

So after I came here for no reason, I went towards the city gate, I think it will be faster if it's just me.

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 218), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

30