Chapter 211 – I talked with her, finally!
1k 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I finished my test, I stayed with Emily at her house until her parents woke up, she kept offering me things all the time, but the only thing I accepted was a cup of tea.

"So, I know there was no coup, but did something happen to the queen while I was away? Didn't anyone try to kidnap you again or something?" I asked and soon after I put the cup of tea in my mouth.

This tea was very tasty, but it did not reach the level of tea made by Lincy, I feel that it is not good to be comparing the two though.

"No, I confess that I was a little scared after you left, but some time later it was as if none of that had happened." Good thing that man didn't try to do anything.

Anyway if he did something, he knew I would kill him, he must have thought better of it and given up.

"That's nice." Emily saw that I looked relieved and started laughing at that: "Were you so worried about me? This is cute." She moved closer to me and started to squeeze my cheek again.

I don't think she will ever lose the habit of doing that, and I don't dislike it either, it's okay.

"Anyway, isn't it time for your parents to get up?" I placed the teacup on the small table just in front of the sofa. Emily had her cup in her mouth, so she couldn't answer, but before she could say anything, a different voice answered my question.

"Don't worry, I already got up." I looked towards the voice and saw Emily's mother entering the room, in fact, I was wondering if that was really her mother, I couldn't even resemble that person to that sick woman.

"Mom, you should be lying down." Emily got up desperately to support her mother, but for me, she didn't need support, she was walking normally, nor did she compare to her father.

She had an appearance similar to Emily's, but she had a lot more wrinkles on her face and also a little gray hair, in addition to her voice being much kinder than Emily's, she even sounded like my old grandmother, I have fond memories of her.

I didn't realize it either, but Emily's brown hair was a lot longer than normal, I think she hasn't cut in a while. I always thought her hair matched those caramel eyes.

I was admiring Emily's beauty and I didn't even notice her mother pushing her to approach me.

"You don't need that, I can finally talk to the little girl who helped me, getaway." Emily looked surprised by that, but she smiled soon after, just watched her smiling mother approach me.

Seeing her approach, I asked, "How are you doing?" She seemed a little uncomfortable with my way of speaking, so I was a little scared, but soon after I realized the reason for her discomfort: "You don't have to call me lady." She put her hand on my head and continued, "Thanks to you, I'm fine."

I was feeling a little embarrassed, but I didn't move away from her.

"So, what brought you here today? Will you finally ask my daughter's hand in marriage? I wouldn't deny that you know." When Emily heard this, she went completely red: "Stop it, you idiot."
"I'm just a child, and we're two women, that's impossible, you know that, don't you?" I tried to answer as calmly as possible, even though I was very ashamed. Emily was looking a little disappointed when she said that.

Hey, I'm trying to help you, and did you really take this marriage proposal seriously? Look at your age.

"You're right, aren't you?" She laughed again and continued, "So is there any other important reason that led you to visit us?" Now she seemed to be serious.

"Yes, I wanted to take you to Grenrok, I already have a place ready for us to live. Remember that I promised to take Emily and you to live with me? I will keep that promise now." I smiled at Emily's mother.

Although I was smiling, she was not smiling in response, her look seemed even more serious than before.

"Are you sure about that? Emily had told me about it before, but I honestly doubted it was true."

"Of course I'm sure of it, I wouldn't come here for no reason."

"Do you have enough structure to house us? It's not that I doubt you. It's just that I'm afraid that we will get in your way."

"Don't worry, I just bought a mansion, so it has plenty of rooms and space for you."

"Wait, did you buy a mansion?" Emily's mother had her mouth open, and Emily also looked quite surprised by that, she didn't seem to believe it. Is it so unbelievable that I got a mansion?

"Yes, I worked non-stop for a few months, but I did it," I said with a touch of pride, but I think it was okay to do that, I was really proud of myself.

"This is incredible, you are incredible." Emily jumped on me and pushed her mother away, hugging me again as hard as she could, she will never lose that habit, and I won't complain either.

"So, what do you think about starting our trip?"

"Now?!" Emily released me and looked close to going crazy: "I haven't prepared anything yet, I thought we were going to travel tomorrow."

"Wait, did you agree to travel tomorrow without asking us first? What if we didn't want to go?"

"But you would not refuse that."

"It's true ... But."

This discussion went on for some time, and I just watched how well mother and daughter got along.

 

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 221), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Sorry for the lack of chapters, I have some problems, but I will try to post more often, I hope you understand <3

30