Chapter 246 – The loss of sanity is near.
441 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So you're back?" I continued lying down and not moving.

It was late at night and I had continued all this time to be cared for by Suzan. She had gone out to prepare some clothes and a bucket to bathe me, but before she could return the guild master appeared.

He was dressed elegantly and looked a little tired.

"I'm sorry, I took longer than I expected." He took a deep breath and sat down on one of the chairs that were inside the room.

"So, what were you doing?"

"I was just looking for more information about who had done it, but I, unfortunately, couldn't find anything." The guild master looked despondent. Well, I can understand.

"Are you just going to give up? There must be some clues s out there."

"You idiot, of course I'm not going to give up. If I don't do anything, everything will remain unsolved, the country won't do anything to help." Well, just as Suzan said, the royalty doesn't care about the guild.

"I understand, but changing the subject, have you visited the mansion?" That was the only thing I wanted to know, I was anxious to know how those girls were going.

"Well, I visited your mansion, but I was not very well received. That girl named Emily was very suspicious of me."

"That's to be expected, I had told her not to let anyone in or attend to anyone."

"That's the same thing she said."

"I'm sorry about that, okay. I was afraid some thug was going to try to break into my mansion or something."

"I understand, but I'm not sad or worried about it. I'm worried about something else." The guild master looked serious, he looked worried. Since this involves my mansion and my friends, I already started to get uneasy.

"Is it something involving my friends? What happened? Come on, tell me!" Forgetting about my broken bones, I started moving my body a lot, and it caused me a lot of pain. I didn't let show in my expression, but I was in a lot of pain right now.

"Hey, hold still."

"I'm sorry, it's just that when it comes to those girls I can't calm down."

"You're a good friend."

"I know. Now hurry up and tell me what happened, I'm getting extremely worried."

"Oh, I promised myself I wouldn't say anything until you're healed, but I can't do that." With every word he said, the more impatient I began to get. I was almost getting ready to get up from this bed and squeeze his neck.

But that was impossible.

"Just fucking tell me!" Without meaning to I let out a loud voice. An angry voice, but because it was a child's it didn't seem too intimidating.

But seeing me act this way the guild master seemed a little scared.

"A-all right." He stammered a little, cleared his throat, and then continued, "While I was talking to Emily, she mentioned that a girl with short black hair had come out to look for you, I think she was a maid who worked in your house."

"Yes, her name is Lincy. So, did something happen to her?" I think it was the first time I was really worried. I was so worried that I started to break out in a cold sweat.

"Well, she went out to look for you and didn't come back. That girl Emily asked me to go after her or try to find her, but..."

"You didn't find anything?"

"I looked around the guild where she had gone to look for you, asked adventurers, and searched in all the town, but couldn't find anything."

Shit, you have to be kidding, right? It can't be that this is happening again.

Just like that time... It was my fault Lincy was kidnapped?

"Are you sure you didn't find anything?" I was sweating cold and breathing heavily. Only bad things were on my mind right now.

Trying to calm myself down I started biting my lips. At all costs, I tried to activate the healing magic, but nothing activated. Everything was unusable.

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn.

Why just now? Shit, shit, shit.

With each passing second, I started to get more restless, but I was controlling myself. My body was hurting, I could feel all my bones slipping out of place and moving, it was painful.

But I had to do something, Lincy was surely in danger, I had to help her.

I pushed my body to the limit, and I managed to sit up.

The guild master got up in desperation and ran to me, I couldn't sit for long.

"Gyaaaaaa" "Aaaaaah" "That hurts" "Shit" "Shit" "Fuck" "Fuck" "Guuu~~"

My whole body started to hurt, it was like I was dying. It was a pain that I couldn't calculate its scale.

So much pain was taking over my body that I could no longer hear the voice of the guild master who was shouting desperately.]

Soon I saw Suzan enter the room holding a bucket with some towels in it. The bucket fell to the floor and my vision darkened at the same moment.

#######

"Where am I?" I had been walking for a long time.

I ended up walking too far down the alleys and got lost. I shouldn't have gone that far.

Even trying to locate me using the taller buildings it was still difficult to find the main street. The only things I could find were alleys and more dark alleys. It was already night and I didn't know what to do.

I was starting to get scared.

I've been living in this city for a while, why am I lost? I didn't even know the reason behind it, my mind was confused, it was a strange feeling.

'I'm scared. I'm scared.'

"Well if it isn't Lara's maid."I was still confused and I heard a man's deep voice. Turning around, I found no one, but I could still feel someone nearby, he was there.

I felt that look on me and realized I was in danger.

'Larissa, please help me.' I began to tremble and my eyes began to fill with tears.

I felt that he was there, but I couldn't see him, it was so strange, I was so afraid.

I started to run.

Running...

Running...

A burning sensation hit my stomach. It was as if my stomach was burning. A strong and excruciating pain hit my stomach.

But I couldn't scream.

I kept running.

I ran...

I ran...

The burning sensation in my stomach wouldn't go away, I didn't know what was happening, but I was feeling pain, a lot of pain.

"Please... Larissa." I started crying hard, I was desperate.

'Help me.'

The pain increased, and this time another burning sensation hit my back. I felt my rib bone break.

I felt my flesh being torn and my bone being broken. I felt that blade penetrating me, the pain was extreme.

I could only cry.

"Larissa...Please..." I fell to the ground.

When I called her name, a large amount of blood mixed with the tears. And a large amount of blood that came out of my mouth spilled out onto the ground.

I kept begging for my life, but that man didn't stop. Several times I felt the knife piercing me as I tried to scream Larissa's name and my parents' names.

He was on top of me and he hit me with that knife in my belly and chest. The pain was gone.

Was he angry with me? What had I done?

*Impact*

Am I being killed?

*Impact*

Am I going to die?

*Impact*

Please no, I don't want to die

*Impact*

I don't want to die.

*Impact*

I don't want to die

*impact*

"I don't want to..."

18