Chapter 248 – The disappearance continues.
366 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I left home and left Suzan to look after Larissa, I went straight to the adventurers' guild to look harder for any clues about Lincy. I went to visit the mansion earlier and it seemed that she still hadn't returned.

The other girls seemed very worried about her, they even offered to help, but since I still thought it was a bit dangerous, I preferred that they stay at home. If I let another of her friends disappear, Larissa would be very angry.

She is already in a very bad state now, if she doesn't focus on recovering she will delay her recovery time even more.

'What an impatient little girl, isn't she?' But I can understand, if I had a nightmare about some person close to me being murdered I would also be bad about the whole thing, even more so if I was incapacitated like her.

"But I hope it was just a nightmare." I wish nothing had happened to her friend because I don't know exactly what Larissa can do if her friend is dead.

Now she is sad and she is crying, but...Won't she be angry? What if she decides to lose her mind and go after the person who killed her friend? We could have a lot of problems in the future.

Approaching the guild, I prayed that it was all a nightmare.

"It's the guild master." As soon as I approached, I found adventurers standing in front of the guild.

"So, what are you guys doing here? Didn't I already tell you guys to stay home?"

"Ah, but it's just that we can't sit still knowing what happened. We're doing an investigation on our own, but unfortunately, we can't find anything."

"I see. Are you guys getting involved in this even after what happened? Aren't you afraid?"

"Of course we are, but after what happened to our friends, I think it's impossible not to do something, isn't it guys?"

That's right~~

I'm going to make whoever did this pay~~

"It's good that you guys are motivated, but I think you should leave this job to me. It won't be long before help arrives." That old woman should be here soon, it's been a while since I've seen her.

I hope she can help me in this situation.

"I see. Of course the guild master would be looking into this too."

"I guess it's kind of obvious, isn't it? But leaving that aside, have you guys looked at the whole area around the guild?"

"I think so, but we didn't find anything."

"Didn't you guys see a girl with short black hair? She also has blue eyes."

"If I had seen a girl like that for sure I would remember, but I'm sorry, I don't remember seeing anyone like that. Have you guys seen her?"

No~~

I haven't seen either~~~

So no one had seen Lincy, this somewhat reinforces my theory that she is no longer near the adventurers guild.

The only place I didn't look was the alleys of the slum, but I don't like to visit that place. I think it's better to walk the main streets first if I don't find anything I'll have to visit the alleys.

After this, I said goodbye to the men and also asked them to keep an eye out, for if they saw Lincy they were to call me immediately and also to warn me that Larissa and her friends were looking for her.

Some of the men offered to help in the search since they were not doing anything, and since I had no reason to deny it, I let them participate in the search.

Where are you, girl?

Show up, and preferably alive.

Not only because you are a friend of Larissa's, but as they described you, I see that you are a kind and very young girl. I don't like to see young people die, it's too painful.

#####

A few days had passed since then.

Larissa was still lying there, but she was already feeling better, her speed of recovery was amazing. But even as her body recovered, her mind seemed troubled.

Since that nightmare, she doesn't eat properly, doesn't take a shower, and prefers to be quiet, not talking to anyone.

And of course, I asked Suzan to respect this and not to push her too hard. Larissa was a young girl, she had a weak mentality like every child.

I can understand how she feels. She is sure her friend is already dead, a person close to you dying in this way is not easy at all, it is as if a piece of you was torn away.

I don't even know how close these girls were, but in the state this girl is in, I can imagine how their relationship was.

And about your other friends, they are also upset and worried about Lincy. They still haven't gotten the information about Larissa's nightmare, so they also don't know the state Larissa is in.

They don't know how this girl is suffering at the moment.

I even thought about telling them, but I preferred not to say anything so as not to make the girls desperate, I would not feel comfortable doing that. Suzan even offered to do it, but I stopped her, I don't think it's necessary at this moment.

The girls offered to come and help look after Larissa during Lincy's disappearance, just to be close to her at this time. Especially that girl named Emily, but I asked Suzan to talk to them about it.

And to my surprise, they agreed to let Suzan take care of Larissa.

I was worried that they follow Suzan or me after our conversation, but they seem to have accepted this and continued in the mansion.

But of course, we had to give news about Larissa's condition daily.

We always made up lies. I could tell that Emily was starting to suspect something, but she remained silent.

During these days, I continued my investigation into the destruction of the adventurers' guild and also looked for Lincy along with some adventurers, but found no clue as to who had done the destruction.

And as said before, Lincy is still missing.

My only hope of finding that girl would come today, and that is my wife Anneorah.

I haven't seen her for a long time, I wonder how she is.

16