Chapter 252 – Her soul is broken.
417 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another week had passed since then.

"So, how is she?" I went into the room in my mansion where Larissa was staying to see how she was doing, but from what I could see, she was the same way. Her body was already healing, but she still wasn't moving.

She preferred to stay still. Larissa was hardly eating, so I was afraid that she might have some problem, but even with me or Suzan trying to force her to eat, it was no use.

"Master, I don't know what else to do." As I approached Larissa and put my hand against her head, I could hear small sobs coming from Suzan.

"What is it?"

"I don't know what to do anymore, she won't answer, she won't eat, I can't take it anymore." Suzan finally gave up. She had spent all this time by Larissa's side supporting her, but she couldn't take it anymore.

Her eyes were producing tears and she clenched her teeth as she looked at Larissa lying on the bed.

The little girl was lying there with her eyes open. She was just staring at the ceiling and pretending that we weren't here, or maybe she didn't even know we were here, it was like we didn't even exist.

I felt a small pain in my chest as I stroked Larissa's head.

"How long will you stay like that, huh? You should get well soon because your friends are waiting for you. It's been a long time since they've seen you, you know. They don't even know how you are right now."

"..."

"I had to lie to them and pretend you were fine, but I don't know how long that will last. Your friends are already asking me if your magic has recovered and I don't know what to do."

"Sniff... Master..."

"But I'm sure your magic has already recovered, isn't it? You just don't want to wake up to accept reality, am I right?"

"..." For a moment I could notice Larissa's gaze on me, she seemed to be listening to me now.

"Lincy is dead." I stopped stroking her head, and the moment Larissa heard my words, her body trembled a little, she reacted to those words.

"Master?!" Suzan looked surprised at what I had done, but it was for the best now. Larissa continued to stare at me, but then she went back to staring at the ceiling and acting as before.

'She already knew about this anyway...' I got out of bed and walked towards the exit of the room.

"Master, why did you tell her?" Suzan was wiping away her tears as she approached Larissa and again sat on the bed.

"We have no more reason to hide it, do we? For Larissa, Lincy is long dead." I turned and left the room, leaving Suzan behind to continue caring for Larissa.

To be honest, I didn't know what to do either.

My wife tried to track down who caused that havoc in the guild, but she couldn't find anyone. Larissa's friend is dead, and Larissa shows no signs that she's going to get back to normal, she seems to have given up on everything.

Haaaa~~

I let out a big sigh as I walked toward the stairs.

'I think the day has come to inform Larissa's friends about this.' Lincy's body had already been collected, but it was still in storage, no funeral or burial had taken place yet.

We did some research, but her family doesn't live in Grenrok and the only people she knows here are her friends, so we have to tell them. And I will also have to tell them what state Larissa is in at the moment.

I have no more reason to hide it...

####

"Are you thinking of telling them?" As soon as I reached the first floor, I found Anneorah sitting on the sofa.

"I have to do this. If we wait any longer, Lincy's body will decompose, don't you think?"

"I won't stop you from doing it, but you will have to deal with all the responsibilities. You hid that their friend died for a week, and you also hid that Larissa is in that state."

"Urgh..."

"What do you think they will think about that? I'm sure they will hate you for the rest of their lives."

"So you think I should have told them about everything from the beginning?"

"Exactly. You should have told them the state that little girl was in from the beginning, and you should also have told them about Lincy's death."

"But we weren't sure..."

"But you still should have spoken up, you are clueless, aren't you?"

"All right, all right, I get it. Now let me go over there and I'll tell them everything. Maybe if Larissa finds her friends she will eventually decide to get up."

"I think that's hard to happen..." Anneorah stood up from the couch and then walked in front of me, she had a stern expression on her face, but I could also tell she was sad.

"What do you mean difficult?"

"That little girl's soul is already broken."

"?!" At Anneorah's words, my body went cold for a moment, but I soon recovered to question her about it, "What do you mean by that? You mean there's no way she can go back to normal?"

"Exactly. I don't know why she was so shaken up by all this that her soul was broken. I'm not kidding."

"Shit... Why did this happen? How much did this little girl love that girl named Lincy? I can't imagine that."

"I don't know how she got so shaken up like that either. But I can only say that maybe she has a trauma about some close person dying, maybe it relived memories from her past."

"And that affected her so much that her soul was broken?"

"Exactly that. You know, I can't believe that a girl as young as she was had her soul broken like that, but I'm sure that since birth this girl has only suffered."

"..."

"I don't know how, I don't know her circumstances, but I'm sure that this girl never lived a happy life until she met these friends. And after one of her precious friends died, she just couldn't take it."

"What kind of life did this girl live?"

"I don't know, but I don't want to know a lot about that too. Now good luck with that, I hope you tell her friends everything."

"Okay, I will." I swallowed dryly as I left the mansion and then headed towards Larissa's house. I wasn't feeling well, I don't know if I could talk to them about it.

15