Chapter 264 – A sudden punch.
382 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lorane was lying on a small mattress inside a room of the castle while being watched by some guards.

Outside she could hear some uninteresting conversations.

'I want to get out of here. I need to talk to Lara.' Lorane thought as a tear trickled down her cheek. Even though she had an adult appearance, she was acting like a child.

Lorane lay there for a while until she decided to get up.

She got up and looked around.

There was nothing but a closet, a desk with a journal, and a pen that she used to write down what had been happening to her for the past few days.

"I didn't want to do that, I'm sorry." Lorane walked over to the journal and started flipping through a few pages until she got almost to the beginning of the journal where she told exactly what had happened a few days ago.

'Today I was forced to go against Lara again. I regretted it so much last time, why do I need to do it again?'

'I have no way to deny it, if I deny it I will end up dead by that man.'

With simple words, she wrote down what was happening.

As she read that journal, tears appeared in her eyes and she began to feel very guilty again.

'I just wanted to find her and apologize.' Lorane said as she pressed the diary against her chest and began to cry.

And as this was happening, she remembered the day it all happened.

Suddenly she was released from prison by the same man who locked her up. And she was being forced to use her only magic in a way she never thought she would, which was to hurt her precious "boss" and friend.

Lara.

That man suddenly approached her saying that he wanted to use her magic to invade Lara's mind and show her some images.

Since her magic was limited and she couldn't just control someone and force them to do something, she would just transmit images into Lara's mind. And they were images of the death of a friend of Lara's.

The man took her to Grenrok and randomly chose a friend of Lara's. By coincidence one of Lara's friends left alone the same day they arrived in town.

So he was able to kill her with ease.

'And I saw the whole thing, that was disgusting.'

Lorane watched the whole thing while transmitting those images into Lara's mind.

And after that dirty work, Lorane walked away and let the man take care of Lincy's body.

After they finished, the two returned to the capital as if nothing had happened.

Lorane was in charge of watching Lara's mind to see how she behaved, so she was kept alive and under surveillance.

For a long time, Lorane had to watch Lara's mind being eaten away by something inexplicable that even she had no control over. It was something dark and strange that was slowly eating away at Lara's mind.

She tried to write some letters and transmit their image to Lara, but it was as if Lara was not receiving that. It was as if her magic was failing.

She wondered if all this that was happening to Lara was a side effect of her magic, but since it had never happened before, she dismissed that idea.

And even though she knew it wouldn't work, Lorane continued desperately trying to talk to Lara to help her.

And unlike Lorane who was desperate, the man always smiled happily when he received the news that Lara's mind was about to be broken.

And so several days passed until suddenly Lara got better.

Suddenly she was able to wake up.

Hearing this, the man became extremely angry and said it was time to act. Lorane has since then been trapped in her room without ever seeing that man again.

'Is he already together with Lara? Has he attacked her yet?' Lorane thought as she removed the journal from her breasts and prepared to lie down again.

But before she could lie down on her bed, the bedroom door opened and a tall man entered. When she saw him, Lorane crawled onto her bed and looked at him as her body trembled.

She was quite frightened.

"Okay, it's time to go."

Hearing those words, Lorane felt her heart stop.

"Are you going to kill me?"

"It's not that, you are going with me to Grenrok again, we have work to do."

"But why do I need to go? You know I don't have the strength to fight."

"You may not have the strength to fight, but you are sure to leave that brat quite vulnerable"

Saying this, the man approached Lorane and landed a punch on her face.

13