Chapter 277 – I should have done it.
335 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting all the addresses, Larissa quickly began to visit all the libraries in the capital. It was a simple task, but a very tiring one nonetheless.

Having to ask for information and having to deal with rude and annoying people, Larissa certainly hated it.

But she tried to keep calm and continued her work.

Visiting many libraries, she found nothing but books and more books, but she could not find any relevant information. Her whole search lasted a few hours before she finally reached the right place.

It was a library in the suburbs.

Even though it was in the suburbs, it was a clean and beautiful library, it had a structure very similar to all the others. Wooden doors, display cases showing books, and a counter near the front door.

Unlike most libraries, behind the counter was a relatively young woman.

When Larissa entered, the woman did not seem suspicious. She smiled at Larissa and let her do as she pleased.

"Excuse me, I've come for some information."

"I will answer if I can, what is it?" the woman replied gently.

"I am after the owner of these books, I was wondering if you know anything about it."

Larissa took out the books and placed them on the counter.

The woman took the books and then smiled.

"Okay, hold on a second."

"!"

At the woman's words, Larissa was surprised, but afterward sighed with relief.

'I was already tired of standing behind the owner of those books.'

After a few minutes in a room behind the counter, the woman returned carrying a folder full of papers. She then opened the folder and began flipping through the papers.

"Here it is."

"What is it?"

"The information you asked for. These books were delivered by a strange woman some time ago, soon after which they were bought by a man."

"Do you have information on who this man might be?"

"No, I'm sorry. He didn't even make an appointment at the library, he just took the books and paid for them. That man seemed to know what those books were for."

"I see, thank you for that."

"No problem."

After receiving this valuable information, Larissa left the library feeling happy and quite excited.

"So it was a woman who brought those books, but who would she be? And why does she have books that teach how to create such a powerful and harmful drug?"

####

After that Larissa decided to walk around the city a bit and visit some places, but it was all so disappointing.

As she imagined, there was milk around here, but the milk was strange and seemed to be modified in some way. The milk looked oily and was not pleasant to drink, so Larissa was disappointed.

After this, she visited some stores and again was disappointed in the quality of the clothes and their prices.

And again she was disappointed when she tried some of the local dishes.

Everything in this city is so artificial and bad. Larissa grumbled as she walked down the street.

'I think it's time to leave. Let's go to where this woman should live, it's not far from here.'

Going into an alley again, Larissa activated her spells and flew towards the house the owner of the books was supposed to live in. It was in another city that also belonged to Slovika.

In a short time, she arrived there.

It was a small town and a little too populated, so it made Larissa a little uncomfortable.

The name of this city was Lafda, a city known for being small, but having a high population, causing some congestion in the city.

Larissa did not want to land in that city, but she had to.

After landing, she soon found some beggars in the alley, so she could not deactivate her magic. She had to keep her invisibility magic activated as she walked through the streets.

She avoided bumping into others so as not to cause any confusion. And that's how she approached the house of the owners of the book.

It was a populated residential neighborhood and the houses were made entirely of brick. It couldn't be considered a poor area, the houses were all painted, the windows had glass and everything was so clean and looked high quality.

'She should live here, but how I enter?' Larissa started to walk around the house and found no entrance.

The windows were all closed and there were curtains, so she couldn't see inside the house.

'I'm out of patience, I don't think anyone would be annoyed if I do that.'

Larissa used fire magic to melt the lock on the window, so she got the window open easily after that. Some people could smell it, but they didn't see the window opening, so Larissa entered the house unnoticed.

'Okay, I'm here. But... There's nothing here?' When Larissa entered, she found a house of only two rooms and a bathroom, and it had nothing. It was an ordinary house, it had furniture and nothing seemed wrong.

'It's the house wrong? No, I'm sure it's right... Did I waste my time? Or maybe that woman passed the wrong information to me?'

Larissa was frustrated, so she sat down on the couch in the house and took a deep breath.

There was no one there, so she deactivated her magic.

"Will I never find the owner of those books? Well, but I guess that's okay, I've already destroyed the factory and I have the recipe."

Larissa lay down on the couch and stayed there for a few minutes resting.

Then she got ready to leave. It was already getting dark again and she wanted to go back to the house.

"I think I can ask the guild master's wife to help me track down the owner of those books, that should have been the first thing I should have done."

12