Chapter 282 – Waldrop is in ruins.
316 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The elf looked euphoric with that book in her hands. She started to leaf through all the pages.

Then she calmed down, closed the book, and placed it on the table.

"Where did you get this?"

"In a library and Slovika, why?

"That book disappeared some time ago from my bookshelf, who would have thought it was in a country of humans?"

"Did you make that book yourself?"

"Yes, I wrote it. Not only me, but I had help from some sisters and cousins. Unfortunately, most of them have passed away."

"I see...."

"But it is surprising that that book is still in such a good state. But that doesn't matter now. Since it's here, something important happened, right?"

"Exactly. A person got this book in Slovika and started creating this drug here and selling it." Larissa pointed at the drug.

"I see, that's not good. Do you have any idea who did this?"

"No, and that's why I'm here. I figured you had some idea who that person was. I already know who was creating the drugs, but I wanted to find out the person who got the book to the person who was creating the drugs."

"Maybe he got this book by himself? Or a subordinate of his?"

"Maybe that's it. But it's good that I found the owner of that book, so I can return it. I don't want to keep it in my storage, you can stay."

"Wait, are you leaving already? Stay and have tea with me. You brought back a treasure of mine..."

"I can't stay, I'm sorry about that. I'm glad I met you elves, it was a dream come true."

"?"

Without trying to justify that, Larissa said goodbye and then left the village chief's house. Her son came out along with Larissa and then cleared his throat.

"This is the first time I've heard someone saying that had a dream of meeting elves."

"Ahaha, am I weird because of that?"

"A little."

####

Before leaving, Larissa decided to stay with the villagers for a while. As the elf had said earlier, the children began to harass her. They started hugging her and also asking her to play with them.

Larissa played with them for a while and was almost forced to stay by the parents of the children, who seemed very happy about it.

But she refused to stay and then left the village together with the son of the village chief.

Larissa didn't even ask his name.

And before he could even tell his name for her, Larissa disappeared before his eyes. Then a wind hit him and all the leaves on the trees swayed.

"This little girl is powerful. I'm glad she wasn't someone dangerous." The elf smiled bitterly and then walked through the forest towards the village.

When he returned alone the children looked very disappointed, so he had to play together with the children for the rest of the day.

####

"Well, I managed to return the recipe to the owner, destroy the factory, and also the drug lord. It's all good now, isn't it?" Larissa smiled satisfied to see that she had solved everything.

She sped up her flight and then set off in the direction of Mabely. She wanted to get to Grenrok as soon as possible so she could rest.

And after several hours, she arrived in Grenrok during the night.

As soon as she arrived at her mansion, everything was dark and everyone was asleep. She entered silently through her bedroom window and found Syl sleeping in her bed. Larissa went over to the bed and kissed Syl on the forehead.

Then she took a shower and lay down to sleep.

When Syl awoke the next day, she found Larissa lying beside her and was very happy.

Syl threw herself on top of Larissa and hugged her.

"You're back!" Syl shouted as she did it.

Larissa stood up startled.

"Syl, is that you? Don't do that, you scared me."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't worry. Let's get up, I'm starving."

"Okay."

The two got up and washed their faces. They went downstairs and breakfast was already getting ready. Emily's mother was the one who was preparing breakfast today.

As soon as Larissa arrived at the table, Emily's mother noticed her presence.

"So you have arrived? When?"

"I arrived in the middle of the night."

"I see. Emily was worried about you, why don't you go wake her up?"

"I'm lazy."

"Ahahahaha. Oh, and the guild master showed up here while you were out, he has some information for you."

"What kind of information?"

"It seems that the things you've done in the last few days have caused some problems."

"..." Larissa searched her mind for everything she had done.

She had killed the mayor of Waldrop, wasn't that a big problem?

####

"So, what information did you receive?" After arriving at the guild master's house, Larissa was greeted by him and also by his wife. The two seemed quite concerned about one thing.

"Well, about Waldrop... You remember what you did, don't you?"

"Yes, I killed the mayor. It was for a good reason, so..."

"That's not the point. You killed the person who was running the city, so you ended up causing a crisis in the city."

"Crisis?"

"Exactly. After the mayor died, his wife didn't want to take over the job and ran away along with his daughter, so the town has been without a ruler ever since."

"And what's that got to do with me? Let the city go into ruins."

"What about the residents?"

"Let them travel to other cities, that doesn't matter to me. Is that all you wanted to talk about?"

"No. Since the mayor was killed by someone and part of the mansion was destroyed, they are looking for who did it. They don't know it was you yet, but if someone saw you..."

"Only the maids saw me."

"That's not good..."

"It doesn't matter to me, whoever comes after me I will kill, understand? It's simple."

"... You don't know what you're getting into."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Of course not, I'm trying to warn you. If your face starts getting splattered around, your life will be ruined."

"... Okay, I'll make sure that doesn't happen."

"..."

13