Chapter 288 – Going back to the elven village
329 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Grenrok, Hildisa and Daniel were just beginning to adjust to their new life when startling news arrived in Grenrok.

The country had just declared war against the two human countries that were Mabely's neighbors.

Upon receiving this news, the entire city of Grenrok turned into a pandemonium of people searching for information and also of men who were being taken and forced to fight in the war.

A group of soldiers had arrived the day before and set up camp in front of the city.

After this, the recruitment of soldiers had begun.

Not only in Grenrok, but in all the cities of Mabely.

Of course, Daniel was also being recruited, which made Larissa impatient. She refused to let him go, causing some commotion in downtown Grenrok.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"Daniel does not leave this town, he does not go to war, do you understand me? And don't try to argue with me." Larissa looked at the guard like an angry dog that could bite him at any moment.

But the guard was not intimidated.

Calling the other guards, they surrounded Larissa, Daniel, and Hildisa who were trembling with fear because of the way they were being treated.

Larissa, after being surrounded, began to get very impatient, so she created a barrier made with wind magic around her and then quickly increased it, hitting all the guards around her.

After they were thrown back, Larissa grabbed Daniel and Hildisa's hands and activated her invisibility magic.

Running away, the three of them hid in an alley.

"Shit, what's happening so suddenly? Why a war? And why are they wanting to force all men to fight?" Larissa began to remember the wars in her real world.

Young men were forced to join the army and being forced to fight for their country. She couldn't imagine that in this world things would also work the same way.

"Larissa, let me go! They're going to come after us, and I don't want to cause trouble for you."

"No, you won't. Your daughter just died, in case something happens to you, what will Hildisa do? Think about her for a moment."

"But..."

"Don't worry, I will take you away from here and keep you safe. Then I will also take you all with me. I need to find a way to end it all."

"End it all?"

"Yes, I need to do something to stop this war. Can't that old fool see that it only brings death and harm to all the countries? What is she thinking?"

"I don't understand either. Why would she start a war so suddenly?"

"I will find out when I visit her, but first I need to hide all of you. I don't want any of you to get involved in all this."

"..."

####

Larissa kept her invisibility magic and returned to her mansion along with the two.

On the way, she encountered some guards forcing men out of their homes. Larissa wanted to help, but she remained calm and was not shaken by all those horrible scenes she was witnessing.

Then, after arriving at her mansion, she deactivated her magic and shouted for Emily.

Emily and her mother came down the stairs of the mansion quickly.

"Larissa, what's going on out there? I've never seen anything like this before!" Emily said looking terrified.

Emily's mother was also scared.

"It's the war. The guards have shown up and are forcing all the men to go into battle. They tried to take Daniel, but I stopped them."

"Is that serious? What is that queen thinking?!" Emily said feeling annoyed.

"Well, that doesn't matter now. The first thing I will do is get all of you out of here and hide you somewhere. I have a place I can use as a hiding place."

"Isn't it better if you just take Daniel?"

"No, I'm sure it's not safe for you guys to stay here. Pack quickly, I'll take all of you away. I'll go to the capital later."

"You're going to the capital? What are you thinking of doing?"

"Just what you're thinking. I have to stop my grandmother."

"Grandmother?" Emily asked confused, but Larissa just ignored that and quickly headed up the stairs.

"Come on, quick, I'll help you. Emily, help Syl."

"Oh, right!"

'She did say "grandmother", didn't she?'

####

After everyone finished packing their bags, everyone went into the living room.

Larissa then explained to them what she was going to do.

"I will do as usual. I will activate magic to make us invisible and then I will fly away, understand? The place I'm going to take you is pretty far away, so it should take a while to get everyone there."

"Where are you taking us? I'm a little worried." Daniel asked.

Since Larissa didn't want to withhold information from them, she was direct in her answer.

"I will take you to the elven village. It was a place I visited and became friends with the village chief."

"The elf village? No, you must be crazy. Do you really think they will accept us staying there?"

"The elves are not like you think. They have no prejudice against humans. They were curious when I visited the village, that's all."

"Still..."

"Come on! We have to do this quickly. Give me all the bags. And you, Daniel, come over here, I'll take you first."

15