Chapter 298 – I will remember you.
737 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After talking with everyone for a while longer, Lara had become calmer.

"I thought you guys wouldn't want to be on my side," Lara said to everyone, but everyone just laughed at her.

"Why do you think that?" Emily said.

"I lied to you all this time, and besides I'm a queen now. I was afraid you guys wouldn't want to stand by me because I'm someone too important."

"You lied because you had to, didn't you? You wanted to get away from this responsibility and you also didn't want to make us nervous just by being by your side."

"I thought that if I told you my true identity, you would want to stay away since you are not nobility. And my grandmother hated me and regularly sent someone after me to kill me."

"If you had told me that you were a princess, I would have been quite nervous, but I would never walk away. Right?"

Emily looked at everyone and they all nodded.

"Don't worry, even if you are a queen now, you will always be the same to us, we will treat you the same way."

"..."

"We can, right? I don't want to have to treat my best friend like an authority and a person important enough to run an entire country... That's so amazing."

"Of course, you can. I'm not a queen like my grandmother, I'm not going to kill you just for having a casual conversation with me."

"Did your grandmother do that?"

"I don't know, but she probably did."

Listening to that, everyone felt relieved that Lara's grandmother was no longer running the country.

Was it right to be relieved over the death of someone so important?

####

After that, Lara stayed in the village until the evening and attended a dinner together with everyone. It was a farewell dinner since she would be leaving the next morning.

During the whole dinner, Lara was cheered by the villagers for having become the new queen.

But it was not as she imagined.

The villagers were not treating her like someone important or an amazing person like a queen should be treated, they were treating her like a normal person who had just won an important position in some company.

It was like friends celebrating her promotion at work.

Everything was so magnificent, Lara can't help but feel like the happiest person in the world.

"This village is amazing, I will visit more often." Lara was sitting at a table together with Phiana.

"Thank you for the compliment. That compliment coming from a queen is quite important to me."

"Stop it..."

"Ahahaha..."

"Well, what should I do from now on? The plans I had made for my life have been destroyed now that I have become the new queen."

"Create new plans."

"But my goal of opening a restaurant was so amazing."

"Your dream was to open a restaurant?"

"I had read in a book once. A girl who wore a bear costume and opened several restaurants and lived a happy life surrounded by friends."

"That sounds like a very cute story."

"Yes, it is quite cute."

"..."

After that, Lara had some more fun with her friends and went to bed.

Tomorrow was the day that everyone was going to go to the capital.

No one was ready to live in the castle. Yes, Lara had already told everyone that she would let them live in the castle.

Lara wanted them to just live there, but Lincy's parents, Emily and her mother offered to work in the castle.

Everyone was anxious and also very happy.

####

Then, the next day, Lara's various travels began.

After everyone said goodbye, Lara went back and forth from the capital several times to take everyone. She dropped them all off inside the castle, of course, she warned all the maids of the arrival of her friends.

And now, the time had come to take Emily, the last person she had to take to the capital.

Before returning, she again talked with Phiana and promised that she would visit the elven village in the future.

Unwittingly, Lara had become a friend and ally of that elf community.

"All right, now let's go." Lara held Emily in her arms and prepared to leave, but before she could leave, Phiana approached again along with the group of elves.

Lara was using her magic in the middle of the village, she had no reason to hide her magic anymore.

"Before you go, I would like you to take this with you."

Phiana handed something to Lara.

It was wrapped in a large amount of cloth. When Lara took off the fabric that was wrapped around it, a beautiful tiara was revealed.

A tiara made of iron with some details that seemed to be made of diamonds.

Lara looked at the tiara for a while and then looked at Phiana again.

"Why are you giving me this?"

"I thought it would look nice on you, and it's also a way for you to remember us."

"I would never forget you guys, are you idiots? But I accept your gift, I will wear it." Lara put the tiara away in her storage.

Hearing her words, Phiana and the elves nearby seemed quite happy.

13