Chapter 302 – The ceremony will begin.
574 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lara then went to Cibely's house.

It had been a while since they had spoken.

"I should have taken them to the elven village too, now I feel a little guilty. Well, they are not men, so they were not being forced to go to war..." Lara thought as she approached the three girls' house.

When she reached the door, she knocked a few times even though she still kept her invisibility active.

The door opened soon after.

Cibely stepped out and looked both ways before closing the door.

"There's no one out here." She said to Eleonor and Clevina.
The two were sitting on the couch.

"It must have been some child, ignore."

Eleonor was reading a book and Clevina was just sitting bored.

Lara, who had come in right behind Cibely, noticed that they were all bored and decided to do something to change that.

'Let's scare them a little.' Lara went behind the sofa, and as if she were a child she used her hair to tickle Eleanor.

After Lara's hair started rubbing against Eleonor's ear and also on her back, she quickly stood up.

"What's that?" She shouted as she looked down at the couch.

"Hm?" Clevina next to her tilted her head in confusion.

Cibely also did not understand what was happening until suddenly she was embraced.

Two small arms squeezed her neck lightly.

"WHAT?" Screaming in desperation, Cibely tried to get loose, but Lara wouldn't let go.

As Cibely struggled to escape, the two girls stood up to help her, but before they could get close, Lara deactivated her invisibility magic and showed herself to the two.

Cibely continued with her eyes closed as she struggled, while the other girls smiled bitterly.

"What are you doing? Help me! Someone is holding me down!" Cibely shouted once more before opening the others and noticing the ones that the arms that were holding her were now visible.

They were also arms that she knew well.

After realizing this, Cibely's face turned quite red and she became quiet.

"Stay calm," Lara said in her ear, making every hair on Cibely's body shiver.

Then Lara let go of her.

Cibely fell to the couch practically unconscious.

"I think I went too far," Lara said.

"Don't worry, she was just a little surprised," Eleonor said.

"Yes." Clevina agreed.

"All right. So, how are you guys doing?" Lara smiled at the two.

Eleonor and Clevina then looked at each other and then shouted together.

"Congratulations!" Like two children, they came closer and hugged Lara.

"What? Why?!" Lara exclaimed in surprise.

"For becoming the new queen! Who could have imagined that you were Mabely's princess? Cibely almost had a heart attack when she found out about it." Eleonor said after releasing Lara.

"That's right. When posters started being distributed with your face on them, we thought you were being hunted or something, but then we found out that you were the new queen." Clevina complemented.

"I understand. And I would like to apologize for not coming here when the war started. I should have come here to help you guys." Lara bowed her head.

"Don't worry about it. We stayed inside the house the whole time, no one came to bother us." Eleonor smiled and Clevina agreed.

"That's good... Well, you must already know why I'm here, right?"

"Are you finally going to take me as your wife?" Eleonor gave a mischievous smile in Lara's direction.

"That would be nice, but that's not why I came here."

"Wow, you would take me as your wife? I wouldn't mind."

"Eleonor, let her do the talking." Clevina slapped Eleonor on the head. It was something Lara had never seen her do before.

"I came here to invite you guys to my coronation ceremony. Besides that, I also want to talk to Cibely about something." Lara's face was a little flushed.

Eleonor looked at Clevina and then the two smiled strangely as they went "Hmmmm"

"So that's it. When did you fall in love with her?"

"I wouldn't say I'm in love, but I like her. I like you both equally." Lara gave a sincere smile.

The two girls felt their hearts almost jump out.

"My God, she's so cute!" Eleonor shouted before approaching Lara and hugging her.

"Eleonor, she's the queen now."

"And that matters?" Eleonor continued to hug Lara for a while.

'I don't think I would mind taking them to live with me in the castle. We've been through so much together.'

####

Lara then before she left, spoke to Sierg. The gate guard who always greeted her.

He was quite nervous talking to her. Lara found it quite surprising how she was being treated by him.

'All right, I guess I can go back to the capital now. Maybe I should visit that village I visited some time ago? Probably the residents of that village will be glad to see me. I will also bring some gifts.'

Lara went to the nearest forest and hunted as many wild animals as she could before going to the village.

When she got there she was cheered by all the villagers.

When she handed all that meat to the village chief, he almost knelt to thank her.

And after the villagers had thrown a party for her, Lara invited everyone to her coronation and then returned to the capital.

When she got there it was already night and everyone was asleep.

Syl was lying in her bed.

Lara lay down with her and hugged her.

'Sleeping in a hug with someone is always better.'

####

"Are you ready?" In Lara's room, Emily was finishing styling Lara's hair.

The big day of her coronation had arrived.

Lara was shaking, she had never felt so nervous in her entire life.

"Emily, what do I say? Or should I not say anything?"

"I don't think you need to make any speech, just be crowned and go back to your room."

"Are you sure? People aren't going to demand a statement from me about everything that's going on and what happened?"

"I don't think they will. The guards have already come back and praised you and cheered you on, they all trust you."

"All right, so I guess I'll just give a basic, clichéd speech then."

"I think that's the best choice."

Toc~~~

Toc~~~

Toc~~~

"Come in."

Opening the bedroom door, a maid entered.

"Everything is ready, everyone is waiting for you. I have never seen so many people in all my life." The maid was nervous.

"All right, I'm coming." The maid left and Lara asked Emily about her parents, Lincy's parents, and also Syl.

"My parents are in the bedroom waiting for the ceremony to start. They will watch everything from the window since my father can't get down and he can't walk long distances either."

"If he wants I can carry him to a good seat."

"No, you don't have to, you need to worry only about the coronation now!"

"What about the others?"

"Syl is waiting for you outside and Lincy's parents are helping the maids with the banquet will have after the coronation."

"I had even forgotten about that. All the nobles will be there, won't they? Even the mayor of Grenrok... That fat bastard."

"Yes, he'll be at the banquet. Lutz will come too."

"I see. Well, I won't worry about that fat man now, I'll take care of him once I officially assume the throne."

"Be careful what you will do..."

"Don't worry."

13