Chapter 104
484 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I take a deep breath, release my Sky Dragon Slayer magic and start to heal the people around me. The Hyakki Yakou lost four of its members in this fight, and not only that, there were also many people injured in the fight.

You know… After watching the state of the Hyakki Yakou, I noticed something. My Dragon Slayer magic is truly a blessing when fighting against a dragon.

Dragon is a powerful race and they show it to the world by defeating a hundred strong youkai with only three of them. Even though they are only clones of the real deal, they are still strong enough to kill four of the youkai and heavily injure a lot of them before they die.

My Dragon Slayer magic lets me have advantages against Dragon as their magic is not very effective against me. Combine it with me being a Dragonborn; I am a dragon who specializes in killing dragons and eating their soul.

It is a shame that all the dragons I kill are clones of the original one, and they did not have souls for me to eat. I defeat the only one with souls before I get the ability as a Dragonborn.

"How is it, Ryan?"

I look to the side and see Nurarihyon sitting on a rock with a smoke pipe in his hand.

"Please don't smoke while your body is still healing. I might already heal the worst injury, but your body still needs time to heal."

Nurarihyon grunted at my words but did not put away his pipe smoke. I sigh a little and say.

"They are doing fine, Nurarihyon. The worst has already healed, and now I am trying to regenerate limbs and other things that get melted by the venom. It takes a lot out of me and needs time. However, my mana regeneration halved for some reason. I think it was because of the dome above us."

Nurarihyon frowns and looks at the dome above us. After a few seconds, he nods and says.

"Take care of my people, Ryan. I will try to destroy the dome and gather any evidence we can find in this place."

"What evidence? Look at that."

I point at the small pile of weapons not too far away from us. I gather those weapons while fighting with Toto against those weird zombie-like humans.

"Look at that weapon. I can feel a familiar feeling coming from those weapons. They have the same feeling as the Heavenly Ore."

He frowns, stands up and walks toward the weapon pile. He takes one of the katanas and inspects it. After a few seconds, he slammed the sword on the ground and destroyed the katana in his hand.

He looks at me and says.

"Take care of my men. I will investigate the barrier around us. We need to report back to Lady Amaterasu. Otabo! Kurinji! Come with me! We need to destroy this barrier!"

Otabo, the Kappa, and Kirinji, the Dog Youkai, get up from the ground and follow Nurarihyon to the edge of the barrier. I shake my head and continue to heal the others. I need to regenerate someone's balls after the acid manages to hit his balls.

==||==

After a few minutes of healing, I can safely say that they are truly out of danger. They still need to rest and have another session of healing, but they are out of danger.

"Toto! Can you help me carry them to your deck? They need to rest and recover."

Toto gives me a thumbs up and starts to pick all the injured youkai to the deck. With that done, I spread my Senjutsu and searched for Nurarihyon's location. After a few seconds, I found them on the northern side of the island.

I fly toward them, and when I arrive, I say.

"How is it? Are you guys able to break this barrier?"

Nurarihyon looks at me and says,

"No. The barrier is created to block any youkai from destroying the barrier. It absorbs natural energy, fear, chakra and even mana. We cannot destroy them from the inside. We need help."

I frown a little when I hear that word. I light up when an idea hits me.

"How about Divinity? Do you think a Divine Blessing can destroy the barrier?"

Nurarihyon widens his eyes and smiles.

"Yes, it can. However, it already absorbs a good amount of energy. It will regenerate in a matter of seconds. Not only that, I don't think you can destroy the entire barrier in a single strike. You can only create a hole."

"That should be enough, no? It should be enough to let you guys get out of the barrier and destroy them from the outside."

Nurarihyon nods and says,

"You are right. Can you do that, or do you need to rest for a moment?"

"No. My blessing is already full and ready to be used."

"Good. Hit the barrier, and we will get out of the barrier to destroy the rest of them."

"Roger!"

I take a deep breath and activate my blessing. The ring and drum appear behind me as lightning surges out of my body. I take a stance, gather the lightning on my palm and dash forward to punch the barrier.

The barrier cracks from my punch. I throw the second one and the third one before the barrier creates a hole for the others to get out. As Nurarihyon and the two others leave the barrier, I can see them preparing to attack the barrier.

"Ryan! Get back. We will cast our strongest attack."

I nod and jump away from the barrier. After a couple of hundred meters away from the barrier, I can see Nurarihyon nod his head and start to release his fear. This time, I can feel Senjutsu blended with his fear. The other two also release their fear and prepare to release their attack.

After a few seconds, three attacks hit the barrier and shook the entire island. I widen my eyes when I feel something change in the barrier. It starts to invert. It tries to block the attack by reversing its effect and blocking any attack from the outside instead of the inside.

I quickly run toward the barrier and gather all my blessings into one point. Not only that, I enter my Dragon Sage Mode to enchant my attack even further. I jump and do a dive kick at the barrier.

My attack hit its target, and a massive crack appeared on the barrier as the barrier started to get confused about which side it needed to focus on. I did not stop there.

As I land on the ground, I take a deep breath and roar.

"Sky Dragon's Roar!"

I release my attack and hit the barrier above me. Another crack appears, and the barrier starts to return to block anything from the inside. I grin when I see Nurarihyon and the other two release another wave of attack.

The crack I create starts to break, and the dome around us starts to crumble.

I gasp a little as my body starts to feel the effect of overusing my power. My body is under constant strain as the dome keeps absorbing all the energy inside of me. I wobble a little, but before I fall to the ground, Nurarihyon arrives next to me and says,

"Rest, Ryan. We will take the rest."

"Okay."

After saying that, I close my eyes and let the darkness consume my vision.

26