Chapter 111
375 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Justus looks at us in shock and says.

"No! We cannot do that! This is our duty, and you are our guest."

"I know. How about this? You guys can come, but let us attack it for the first five minutes. After five minutes, we can leave it to you. I want us to have an experience against a spirit."

He looks at us for a few seconds before saying.

"Five minutes. No more. Let's go. We need to leave immediately."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me. This is dangerous. Just don't blame me when you guys get injured."

"Of course!"

After that, Justus brought ten Dukun alongside us. We run through the thick jungle while Asia and Kunou fly through the jungle using their magic. It did not take long for us to arrive, and when we arrived, I appeared in front of the spirit and kicked its head.

*BOOM*

"Asia! Kunou! I will leave the attack to you two! Go all out! I can take it!"

"Yes, Papa!"

"Okay, Ryan!"

Kunou takes out seven Ofuda, paper charms, out of her pocket, throws them out of the air, and starts chanting. Asia puts her hands together and starts to pray. She might be a healing nun, but it looks like the church teaches her some exorcize spells that are perfect against dark-based creatures.

I, on the other hand, block the incoming attack from the spirit with my sword. It is powerful, but its strength is not as powerful as that of a dragon. The Begu Ganjang roared in anger and thrust its hands at me at very high speed.

I grin at the incoming attack and move my sword to block all the attacks. It has been a while since I fought with only my physical power alone.

After a few seconds of high-speed fight, I can hear Asia and Kunou are done with their spells.

"Come! Purifying Flame of Amaterasu!"

"Let the light of the Lord shine in this world!"

A Golden Flame is coming out of Kunou's ofuda formation and burning the Begu Ganjang with the Holy Light of the Sun. Asia summons a massive pillar of light that burns the Begu Ganjang with the Holy Light.

The spirit roars in pain for a few seconds before its eyes land on Asia and Kunou. It tries to grab them, but before it can even move its hands, I appear in front of its ugly face and swing my sword.

*ROAR*

Once again, the spirit roars in pain. This time, it was because of the wound on its face. Sadly for the spirit, Asia and Kunou are not done. Kunou throw ten Ofuda at the spirit and clap her hand.

"Fire discriminates not against good nor evil as it burns and purifies with ferocious mercy! Sun Flare!"

An orange flame appears above the Begu Ganjang, which blocks it with its hand. Sadly for it, Asia is also done with her magic spell.

"Light Magic: Ray of Light!"

Four magic circles appear behind Asia, and suddenly, rays of light fly out of the magic circle. The light hit the spirit, creating explosion after explosion and starting to injure the spirit. With holy flame above it and a light-based attack coming from his front, the spirit begins to struggle.

I widen my eyes when I see Kunou throw more than fifty Ofuda into the air, which fuse together and create a giant scroll. She takes a brush from her pocket and starts writing on the scroll in front of her.

While she is writing, I can hear what she writes as she also uses it as her chant.

"There exists purgatory in the netherworld and fields of fire in the corporeal world."

"Fire discriminates not against good and evil as it burns and purifies with ferocious mercy."

"All must die and return to bone."

"Be you of this world or of the enlightened."

"This body, less hospitable than my home, turned to black dirt."

"Endless despair as far as the eye can see."

After she is done, the scroll turns to ashes as black flames appear and consume the scroll. Kunou controls the black flame and thrusts her hands forward at the Begu Ganjang. The black fire changes into a giant nine-tailed fox that runs toward the spirit.

The giant fox bites the neck of Begu Ganjang and burns the spirit, purifying it. I can feel it. I can feel that flame contains a powerful purifying energy that can kill any evil-type spirit or creature. In fact, the energy feels familiar. It feels like Amaterasu's flame, but at the same time, it is not.

It only lasts for a minute before the giant black fox consumes Begu Ganjang. The spirit can only scream in pain as it turns into nothing from the attack. I widen my eyes when I see a lot of souls coming out of the spirit's body.

I can see Kunou smile, but I widen my eyes, run toward her, and catch her as her body starts to fall from the sky.

"Kunou?! Are you okay?"

I ask as I use my Sky Dragon Slayer magic to check what is happening to her.

"Hehehe~ I am okay, papa~ I am only exhausted from using a lot of chakra to activate that spell."

I release a sigh of relief when I see that she is correct. Her chakra is in a critical state but is starting to replenish. I push some of my chakra to her to boost her recovery and carry her. I pat her head and say.

"Good work, dear. I am proud of you."

"Hehehe~"

I carry her and pat Asia, who looks at Kunou worried.

"Don't worry. She is okay."

"Thank the lord."

I smile at her and say.

"I am also proud of you, Asia. The two of you have grown very strong."

Asia gives me a bright smile and blush. I pat her one last time before looking at Justus, who looks at us in a new light.

"You guys manage to kill it."

"I did not do much. I only support them."

"Don't be humble to me. You can fight a very old spirit head-on, something not many can do in this country."

"Right. Anyway, what happens after that spirit is dead? I can see a lot of souls coming out of its body."

"That is the souls of the humans it consumes in its life. It is also the fuel it uses to make itself powerful. Begu Ganjang tortures them to give itself more power to eat more souls and make itself even more powerful."

"Ah, a vicious cycle."

"Yes."

"What now?"

"Now? We need to prepare a ritual to make the souls the spirit eat to let them finally rest and not turn into vengeful ghosts."

"Right. Let's do that."

19