Chapter 116
308 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I release a sigh when I see a group of people standing in front of me, bowing. To my side, Kunou and Sori chuckle at the sight in front of them. The news of me getting the blessing of Soripada had already spread across the country, and the very next day, I got invited by Justus back to the main base in Medan City.

So here I am, standing in front of a group of people, asking me to bless their weapons, ingredients, and even some water they bring. While I did not have the same amount of strength as an actual god, my blessing contains divinity that makes anything I bless stronger or more potent.

"Fine! Take your things in one room, and I will bless them one by one!"

I asked one of the staff members for an empty room for me to work in, and the crowd started to leave the room. After they leave the room, Justus walks toward me and says,

"Thank you for accepting this small job, Lord Ryan. Please tell me what kind of payment you want to ask them."

At first, I wanted to tell him that I did not need any payment, but after Yasaka taught me not to do the job for free, I released a sigh and said.

"Get me some money and maybe some shamanism books. I want to learn about Batak Magic."

"Of course. I will make sure they pay for your service."

"Ah, if they want to pay it with money, can you send them to my parents' account?"

I already had enough money in my account and did not need more. However, my parents need them so they can enjoy their retirement.

"Sure. That is easy enough."

"Thank you."

"Can I ask what your plan is after this?"

"Hmmm? I think I will enjoy my day here and learn some magic."

"I see. Then I will make sure the others do not disturb you too much, my lord."

"Thank you for that. I will accept some commission every now and then, but not all of them."

"Of course. Thank you for that, my lord."

After saying that, Justus takes us to the room where there are a lot of things that need to be blessed, and I can see the name of the owner of the goods. I look at Asia, Kunou, and Sori and say.

"You guys can explore the base or something. I will be back in a few minutes."

They nod and ask Justus to take them around Medan City. With them gone, I take a deep breath and look at the floating panel in the corner of my vision.

|Do you want to take your weekly reward?|

|Y/N|

I press the Y button and prepare myself for some kind of pain. However, instead of pain, I can feel my body get hot and release some kind of energy that demands others to kneel. It is an energy that comes from my soul, and instead of a foreign energy, it looks like something that is always within me and waiting for me to awaken it.

And the system awakens this power.

When I thought that I did not feel any pain, a rush of knowledge got inside my brain.

|Congratulations! You get (Haki)!|

I release a sigh after a few seconds as the pain slowly goes away. Haki, huh? It is a power coming from a place where normal humans can destroy a mountain using nothing but their fist. I can use all forms of Haki. However, it is just a baby at the moment.

If I try to activate my Conqueror Haki in front of someone like Garp is like a kitten trying to roar at a one hundred meters tall dragon. Yeah. It is a bit embarrassing, but I know it can grow, and I will train hard to make it grow.

For now, let's get this job done. I want to ask Sori to have a spar with me with nothing but our own body. No magic. No weapon. Only our limbs are used as weapons and our bodies as armor.

==//==

"So! You want to have some spar with me after you discover a new power within you, huh?"

I nod my head as I do some stretching and say.

"Yup! You are the only person I know who can fight me without holding back."

"I see"

I widen my eyes and dodge to the side when I see Sori appear in front of me to kick me.

"Oi! That is not fair! I am not ready!"

Sori smiles and says.

"There is no such thing as fair in battle, Ryan! You want a battle, and you shall get one!"

He appears in front of me, and I expand my Observation Haki. I can sense it. I can sense the intent of Sori's attack. I can see the pattern of his punch and kick. I start to block and even counterattack against Sori.

I grab his arm, twist it, and kick him in the stomach. I watch him land on the ground and say.

"It's weird! It is weird!"

He says that and runs at me. I read his intent on throwing his right hand and then using his left kick if his first attack got blocked or dodged. I dodge his punch and raise my left leg to block his kick, then jump away from him as I can feel him want to grab me.

"I see."

I can hear him say that, but I ignore it as I keep my Observation Haki activated. I cannot break my concentration.

"Here I come!"

I widen my eyes when he punches the air and shoots out five air bullets from his punches. I dodge all of them and raise my hand when I see him jump at me. I block his punch and raise my left leg to block his kick. He does a backflip, and I lower my arms to block his kick. However, to my surprise, something hit me from behind, breaking my concentration, and I could see Sori appear in front of me. I try to block his attack, but he is too fast, and his first hit my left cheek.

I get thrown away from the impact and land on the ground. I rub my cheek and look at Sori, who nods his head.

"Interesting way of fighting! You can feel my intent and predict my movement."

I look at him in surprise and say.

"You manage to notice it after only a few minutes of fighting?!"

"Hahahaha~ You underestimate me too much, Ryan. While I look like this, I am still old, you know? I encountered many warriors back in the day who had the same fighting style as you have right now. However, all of them have one weakness. They have tunnel vision. They only care about the person in front of them and do not care about what their opponent does to their back."

"You create that wind attack! Your backflip is not to attack me from the front but rather to create wind at my back!"

"That's right. The first wind bullet is to distract you. Make you think that I can only create them from my fist and create an opening for me."

Sori looks at me and says,

"Let's do some more! This time, let's go even faster!"

Before I can even react, Sori appears in front of me with his fist next to him. I was just barely able to block his attack, and even then, I got thrown away.

What have I got myself into?

18