Chapter 2: Giera
309 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The World of Giera was a vast world populated by numerous races and cultures. It was home to a variety of monsters and humanoids. A realm where magic and stats systems existed and were part of its inhabitants' everyday lives. Every being had an equal chance to become powerful by leveling up, learning powerful skills, and acquiring powerful items; all they needed was the will to do whatever it took to become powerful.

The vast forest of Kegali, one of Giera's largest forests, crawled all the way to the five kingdoms' borders, each claiming ownership.Because of its massive size, it possessed luxurious resources, which the neighboring kingdoms desired.

The rich forest of Kegali was a popular destination for adventurers seeking materials for their quests; being an adventurer was one of the most popular jobs in this realm.

***

The twelfth month, fifteenth day of the 1103rd year of Giera's calendar.

The wind blew in the shelter of the heart of Kegali's great forest, and the dimly lit humid place lit up in white light for a few seconds before completely disappearing. The light left behind a white crystal ball the size of a tennis ball that lay motionless on the ground. It didn't move because it didn't want to, but because it couldn't. Its temporary form as a crystal ball had no mobility, no limbs, and no body parts.

The gentle sound of running water from the nearby river resounded throughout the area, which was surrounded by boulders, massive trees, and grasses. Colorful bird silhouettes cast shadows from above as some of them sang in unison, providing comfort to the living beings nearby.

Footsteps of animals such as deer could be heard as they fled from the wolves patrolling the area. Bear roars echoed from afar, complementing the music that was already bringing the place to life.

The crystal ball was acutely aware of its surroundings, and as soon as it arrived, it began looking for any opportunity to approach. Its instinct, which it inherited from its father, was more than sufficient to guide it. It was fully aware of the purpose for which it was created and would go to any length to achieve it.

Eon, Vaas the conqueror's seventh child, the Sin of Sloth, had arrived in Giera.

RACE: Lesser Teplonide [Level: 1/10].

[Exp. Points: 0/25]

HP: 10/10

MP: 10/10

Top Speed: 2 km/h

Defense: 0

[STATS.]

Strength: 1

Agility: 1

Intelligence: 1

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Lethal Augmentation [MP Cost: 1] [Level: 1/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Deceitful Shapeshifter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

World Conqueror's Perception.

SKILL POINTS AVAILABLE: 0

Despite the fact that he had no visible eyes inside his crystal ball body, his gaze was drawn to the slightly transparent gray board floating above him. Eon couldn't say anything because he lacked the necessary body part, and he couldn't move either, but his intuition was strong enough to interact with it.

[Lethal Augmentation.]

A voice rang out inside his intuition, and he was the only one who could hear it. A woman's voice with a very formal tone, the voice of Giera, which the inhabitants of this world mistook for the voice of one of the goddesses of this world. This occurrence was considered common by the inhabitants of this world due to how frequently they heard it in their daily lives, particularly those who were always engaged in combat.

[Following the activation of this skill, the user's next physical contact will deal 145% (+45% per level) of the user's Strength, Agility, or Intelligence stat, whichever is the highest. The skill's effect will be deactivated after 60 seconds of inactivity following activation. This ability can be canceled at any time. This skill can hit multiple targets at the same time, as long as they are in contact with the user when the skill is activated.]

[Deceitful Shapeshifter.]

[First Effect: The ability to imitate the physical form of the units that the user has eliminated. When a form is obtained, it is permanently available for use. A combination form can be created by combining two or more forms.]

[Second Effect: The user can imitate an active skill of the eliminated unit, but it costs twice as much MP when used. Imitating a skill costs no mana. The user can choose between the eliminated unit's active skills, and the imitated skill will be at the same level as the user's most leveled skill. Racial abilities cannot be imitated (Active skills with no level). Only valid for the first 15 minutes after the target has been eliminated. One skill at a time, once copied another skill, the former skill is permanently erased and will never be allowed to imitate a skill with the same name again. 1 additional imitated skill slot for every 50 levels.]

[World Conqueror's Perception.]

[A skill that grants general language comprehension, appraisal, and prevention of any type of appraisal skills to the user. Any attempt at identification will result in false level, race, and stats.]

Even if the voice was not present to explain it, Eon subconsciously understood how the skills worked the moment he received them, as if he had used them before. Every entity that received a skill would experience the same thing, which was a common occurrence in this world.

***

All Eon could do at the time was wait, wait for his means to begin his mission.

He remained motionless and lifeless, unable to move despite the bombardment of a sudden storm that dominated the entire forest for days. Days and weeks had passed, storms and sunny days had passed, but Eon remained in his position, observing every change in his surroundings. Falling dry leaves, animals running through him, gentle winds, and overflowing river water.

As the days passed, his body began to be buried in the ground, and dark green algae began to grow on his body, treating him as a stone. His normally white body had turned green due to the algae.

He would occasionally try to attack passing monsters, grasshoppers, worms, and small birds, but they would all flee before he could even take them down or do significant damage.

Nonetheless, he remained unchanged, waiting for the right opportunity to present itself.

The fateful day arrived with the new morning, as the sun slowly rose above the horizon, dimly lighting up that area of the forest, which was humid due to the fog the night before.

RACE: Slug [Level: 1/10].

HP: 10/10

MP: 10/10

Top Speed: 2 km/h

Defense: 0

[STATS.]

Strength: 1

Agility: 1

Intelligence: 1

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Mud Ball [MP Cost: 1] [Level: 1/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Body Mucus [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

A 38-centimeter-long, slimy, dark brown monster. Sliding through the dried leaves and stones, its gooey, retractable eyes wandering in all directions, able to see and smell, alert to any signs of danger that could emerge from the thicket of trees and tall grasses surrounding the area.

The Slug's body would occasionally flatten as it descended its mouth to feed on the algae and leaves along the way. Despite the fact that he didn't have an eye, Eon was already eying it up ahead. As he couldn't move, Eon waited for it to get closer.

Because there were no predators nearby, the Slug did not rush, unlike the previous monsters who had rushed through this area in the previous few days, denying Eon any opportunity.

The Slug moved slowly, savoring the meal left by the few days of nonstop rain in this area. Biting at every step, its retractable eyes on guard. The danger, however, was not hiding in the woods or in the green, tall grasses. It was buried in the ground beneath the Slug and couldn't move a centimeter.

The Slug moved forward after descended its mouth to eat the algae covering Eon's visible body. Eon, on the other hand, showed no reaction to the Slug feeding on the algae on his crystal body. He waited, waiting for the right moment when the majority of the Slug's body was already above him and there was no way for it to escape.

He began to move after nearly half of the Slug's body had passed through him and covered him with sticky fluid.

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

The Slug's body shook as it felt the attack coming from beneath, which hit the underside of its body right in the middle. It could only growl as it forced its body to move in an attempt to escape.

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 1.45 damage.]

As its body began to accelerate, the Slug's long head extended.

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 1.45 damage.]

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 1.45 damage.]

The Slug began to vomit green liquid, but despite the severe injury, it attempted to flee for its life.

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 1.45 damage.]

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 1.45 damage.]

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 1.45 damage.]

A barrage of Lethal Augmentation was launched in rapid succession, wasting no time and leaving no room for escape; the more the Slug struggled, the faster the attack's succession.

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 1.45 damage.]

However, the battle ended abruptly, leaving the Slug with no time to react. The Slug collapsed to the ground, rubbing its face against the stones.

RACE: Slug [Level: 1/10].

HP: 0/10

MP: 10/10

Top Speed: 2 km/h

Defense: 0

[You have received 1 experience point.]

[Deceitful Shapeshifter: a new form has been acquired. The Slug form is now available for use.]

[Deceitful Shapeshifter has been activated.]

The white crystal transformed into liquid and molded a form as it rose up from the spot where he had been stuck for weeks.

His retractable eyes circled the small hole he was in. His mouth protruded from the circular hole left by his previous circular body. Despite the fact that he was still not used to his new form, he gradually broke through the massive corpse the same size as him lying above him and crawled his way out.

When he finally got out, he started moving and went to the nearest tall grasses to hide for safety.

[Imitating the skill, Mud Ball...]

[Imitation process completed.]

[Skill, Mud Ball has been acquired.]

[Mud Ball.]

[The ability to throw a mud ball at a target, dealing damage equal to 130% (+30% per level) of the user's intelligence.]

Eon hid among the tall grasses, his gooey retractable eyes darting around and his mouth moving in and out, as if chasing his own breath. He remained that way for a few moments, pulling his eyes out and in repeatedly, as if he was celebrating his recent victory and finally escaping being buried alive. But, lacking a voice to speak and the ability to do so, he rejoiced in silence.

And then he started moving again, to continue his journey.

RACE: Lesser Teplonide [Level: 1/10].

[Exp. Points: 1/25]

HP: 10/10

MP: 2/10

Top Speed: 2 km/h

Defense: 0

[STATS.]

Strength: 1

Agility: 1

Intelligence: 1

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Lethal Augmentation [MP Cost: 1] [Level: 1/20].

[Imitation] Mud Ball [MP Cost: 2] [Level: 1/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Deceitful Shapeshifter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

World Conqueror's Perception.

SKILL POINTS AVAILABLE: 0

6